Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Frankensniper Sadness

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 5th, 2009, 00:06   #1
gunscythe

Frankensniper Sadness

I have been working on Frankensniper for a few weeks now, under numerous iterations, and have run into a few problems. Previously, my "repair" (replace same with same) work has gone great, but I now run into problems with a mixed-company unit.

My current problem is that my Systema gearbox (brand new) won't turn over at all. I have tried several good batteries (I have 20), all the way up to a huge 11.1v lipo that I use for flying jets. I have tried using a "super high power" motor from a unit from huang, and two different grips.

Off grip, the motors whip away on full auto. Once installed, they budge, but don't turn AT ALL.

Do I need a special motor to turn this huang Systema gearbox?

I don't really want to touch the shell, as I like it being a virgin.

-------

My previous problem was that my JG gearbox in a G&G clearsoft shell didn't totally match up with my aftermarket metal hopup, causing issues such as low FPS, and eventual piston breakage (long story). I assume I simply need to grease the insertion to the hop up and just break it in.

-----------

I had a JG gearbox...a normal 6 cell battery wouldn't turn it, so I used a small 11.1v lipo. The piston snapped in half in about 4 bursts.

-------------

We have a G&G gun that was pretty much stock (sucky piston heads in those). He cracked it, so I replaced it, but pieces were everywhere, including in the semi-auto cutoff area. It works now, but won't fire semi auto, and even locks up. I tried to shim the semi-auto cutoff lever, but that gearbox just doesn't work for me. It's a low-use gearbox, maybe 5000 rounds.

Thanks,

Gunscythe of ArcticAirsoft (wannabe Gundoc)

"I don't like it when all of our guns work. It gives me nothing to do, and no challenges in my workshop life. In the field, I want reliability all the time - but just like that retard coworker makes you feel like a hero, it's also good to have a broken gun around at all times so that the others feel better." - Gunscythe 2009

"Airsoft is not for underagers." Gunscythe 2009
Old September 5th, 2009, 00:22   #2
Skladfin

does it make a click when you pull the trigger?

if it does, then you may be installing the wires onto the motor in reverse. In which case it makes the motor turn the other way and makes the bevel gear engage the anti-reversal latch.

what you need to do is connect the motor pins the proper way.

Last edited by Skladfin; September 5th, 2009 at 12:02..
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 00:32   #3
gunscythe

I'm thinking that might be the problem. I have installed them the same was as the last motor, and the red lead onto the "red" pole of the motor...but I suspect that's wrong in this case. Thanks! I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: That's the problem. A "out of the package" mini connector with red and black wires was actually reversed, so all the wires looked good. With the systema gearbox having silver wires, I didn't pick up the mismatch, and a red wire was going through a mini connector at the back of the gearbox into a "black" (actually, silver) systema wire.

It turns over and fires well now.

Last edited by gunscythe; September 5th, 2009 at 00:53..
gunscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 00:59   #4
Skladfin

glad to hear it's working now bro.

have fun
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:22   #5
Frozen Tex

Aren't you glad my gun broke to give you so much entertainment? Not that I want to do it again.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:59   #6
gunscythe

Ah, whew. It all works now. I ran a few shots at a random 150-200fps with a gearbox going into a metal hopup, I lubed it and it is shooting a consistant 330fps.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner