Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Putting KSC Glock firing/hammer mechanism back together tricks?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 21st, 2005, 09:38   #1
v82slo

Putting KSC Glock firing/hammer mechanism back together tricks?

I had to replace part #83 in the firing mechanism (http://www.wargameclub.com/gun-folde...17-install.htm) off my KSC G19 as it broke and caused misfiring. So far I've been able to take apart the mechanism and not lose any springs. The problem I'm running into is putting everything back together.

Is there any tricks for putting the firing mechanism back together? The spring on the firing pin keeps causing the firing pin (part #78 ) to move out of alignment and I can't get the rest of the pieces back together without the pin either coming off or misaligning.

Any help would be appreciated. I do see how everything is suppose to fit together but just can't the pieces to play along. Am I suppose to remove part #62 to make the install easier?
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:04   #2
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
with my g18 anyways, this is what I found. You have to hold the hammer back a bit while inserting .. if you try to put the hammer back in while in rest position (position hammer is left after a shot has been fired) the bottom of hte hammer will push the fireing pin out of position.

it also helps to have a long thin pair of tweezers handy. Oh ya, the hammer spring does not have to align up in the correct position on the lip of the main assembly. you can push the spring off to the side and once the hammer assembly is put back together use a small screw driver to to push the spring up and align it in the correct position. This will releave tension on the hammer making it easyer to install back in.

* the position of the hammer spring i'm talking about is where the spring rests against the botton of the frame that holds the ahmmer assembly, not where the spring is held against the hammer itself *

as long as you can get the hammer partially in with the fireing pin not out of alignment not so bad you can slowly work the rod the holds it all together in ... push the hammer around and push the pin in a bit more, use a small screw driver or tweezers to push the firing pin and pusht eh assembly pin a bit further... move the hammer around a bit etc. Eventurally it will go back together.

The first time i took this assembly apart it took me damm near an hour to get it togetehr again .. now I can do it in ab out 5 - 10 minutes... all it really takes is a bit of patients

good luck
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 13:48   #3
v82slo

Thanks JohnnyDo,

That's perfect advice and you also told me that this whole task is possible without some funky tool I may be missing. Will give it a shot and wish me luck on getting back "glocking".
Old December 21st, 2005, 23:02   #4
v82slo

As an update, I was able to get my glock back up and running with the advice posted by JohnnyDo and a little fidgetting. Thanks again and watch out for the power of the Glock!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:37   #5
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
not a problem man, i know it was a real pain my first time .. but i had to swap out parts from a known working gun into a broken gun to figure out what is wrong ... after you take the lower end of the gun apart 6 or 7 times you kinda get hte hang of it .. but that damm firing pin is a total pain ... i hanv't found a better way to deal with it other then what I said above.

on my glock 18c I did find that if I left the flat pin on the fire selector side of the gun out while inserting the hammer, align the fire pin, then push that flat pin beside the hammer it was easyer. I'm sure the people who build these at the manufacture must get some sort of training to be able to build these in a timly fasion. I find that if you look at most parts from a manufacturing perspective (which just so happen to be related to what I do for a living right now) you can sometimes find tricks to putting stuff together and taking them apart that you would otherwise miss.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner