Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Crappy mag feed.... sick of it.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 30th, 2012, 11:05   #1
Jbone 11 11

Crappy mag feed.... sick of it.

Im sick of crappy feed issues with my M4 and am wondering what the best bang for buck is on the market these days? I have a G&G GR15 and the highcap mag that came with it has been pretty solid. Im more interested in mid to low caps but I find the ones i've used have not fed well and were generally unreliable. They were loners so I don't know what make they were, but I strongly suspect they were on the lower end of the quality spectrum.

I've see Magpul being flogged on a lot of the sites lately, but they can be pricey and I don't know their reputation. What other brands are worth the often inflated price and re-stock wait times?

Having said all of that, are there any common issues that might be causing inproper feeding other then low quality mags?
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:10   #2
Jaycon

I've got some echo 1 dogs of war mid caps and they're some of the most reliable I've used, never had a problem. I'd imagine it's low quality mags that's causing your problem

Last edited by Jaycon; April 30th, 2012 at 11:14..
Jaycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:38   #3
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

The MAGPUL PTS mags are arguably the best on the market (short of Mags for systema PTWs) Magpul green label are not..

Also I gotta ask stock hop up? Did you lube the feed tube? What BBs?

Low quality BBs will cause this as will a bad hop up. G&G stock hop up units are not the greatest with non-G&G mags IME (in my experience) some may need velcro or tape around the edges to have the mag sit properly in the mag well.

I've had good results with KA midcaps. But my stand by mags have always been PTS mags (NOT GREEN LABEL), they have never given me a problem.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 14:32   #4
Jbone 11 11

Good call on the hop up... its stock and I haven't lubed the feed tube lately.... in fact tis been a while. I might have had bb's of different weights mixed up together as I had dumped some left over .20's into a .25 bag before realising what i was doing and I had been loading from that bag the other day.
I think for now I'll get a few high quality mags and suppliment them with low grade high caps and gradually phaze out the crap over time, as quality box sets are either too pricey or not in stock.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 15:18   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Well mixed weights shouldn't be problem but rather the demensions of the BBs. Good BBs will be a more constant size.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner