Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

my new (old) KSC M11 - lemon or normal?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 17th, 2005, 22:37   #1
thePiRaTE!!

my new (old) KSC M11 - lemon or normal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellas, I lay my humble lot before you in hopes of some guru advice.

I've just purchased a used KSC M11 from a fellow but discovered it has several issues. I've consulted the book of armaments and drawn from the collective wisdom of ASC which has 'helped' a couple things, but I'm also quite new, thus my ability to tinker is limited at this point. The seller has offered to help by trying to fix things when he can or we may reverse the deal barring success. I just want to know how much of this is something that all macs suffer, or if its 'broken'. The issues are as follows:

On Semi - the gun never fires just one... its like a random auto mode.

The hop up is pretty wacky - shots wildly arcing up and down, virtually unpredictable. I've had to clear a number of jams and did so carefully as I was wary of pushing to much on the hop-up rubber. Could continually cleaning jams contribute to the poor performance of a hop-up?

One mag just went *phhssssshhhh* - out of gas when the trigger was pulled. It still had bullets in it. I don't have my adapter yet to refill the mag to double check if it would do it again, the seller was kind enough to fill the mags for me so I could fart around with it until next week when I get my own. Funny thing is, I've gotten three full loads of shots out of some of these mags, and they still have pressure.

The gun jammed very regularly (3 or more times per clip). I followed CDN_Stalkers advice and carefully 'spread' the upper receiver. It worked to _reduce_ jamming to about once or twice per clip but hasn't prevented it. Great tip though.

Some shots have wicked power, then the next floats out like a gnat in a summer breeze. Its funny to watch, but disconcerting for the money spent.

Other notes: The mags are filled with propane. I have no silicone oil yet, I understand this could potentially be an issue. I'm not certain if the seller used any oil when he filled the mags. The rubbers on the mags look ok. The rubber port inside the chamber is a bit chewed, but intact. I've loaded the M11 with the bolt pulled, and there is no dent on the firing pin.

Advice or direction appreciated.
thePiRaTE!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 23:00   #2
CrazyChoda

Send a message via MSN to CrazyChoda
time for you to find a gun docter
Old September 18th, 2005, 13:13   #3
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoda
time for you to find a gun docter
Well, I'm wondering if that'll be worth it, or if I should just get my money back and buy a new one. I paid $400CDN for this one with 4 mags.
Old September 18th, 2005, 13:53   #4
CrazyChoda

Send a message via MSN to CrazyChoda
wow

get your money back, u could buy a new one with that with mabye 2-3 mags, it will work, unlike yours, it might cost you more to fix the gun then its actually worth
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:50   #5
thePiRaTE!!

Could anyone with long term Mac experience verify these issues as normal, or extraordinary?

thx
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:31   #6
nutboi

i've had mine for almost a year now and i can't say that i've been getting any of the same probs at all.
nutboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:03   #7
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Oil. The M11 GBB is renowned for requiring frequent and strategic oilings.

Having quickly read your thread, I'll point out the mag suddenly emptying the propane. Take the gun apart and hold the lower receiver/grip in your hand. Look inside the grip at the upper rear, you'll see a little lever type do-dad. The 'hook' on the rear of the bolt hits that, shoves it forward to release a shot of gas. If that lever is sticky in it's movement, that causes the valve on the mag to be held down releasing all the gas. Get some oil on the hinge/axle the lever rides on, use your fingers to move it through it's full travel. That should fix it.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 12:29   #8
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker

Having quickly read your thread, I'll point out the mag suddenly emptying the propane. Take the gun apart and hold the lower receiver/grip in your hand. Look inside the grip at the upper rear, you'll see a little lever type do-dad. The 'hook' on the rear of the bolt hits that, shoves it forward to release a shot of gas. If that lever is sticky in it's movement, that causes the valve on the mag to be held down releasing all the gas. Get some oil on the hinge/axle the lever rides on, use your fingers to move it through it's full travel. That should fix it.

Thx guys, the seller and I have agreed to return this Mac, and I will try again with a new one. I would like to thank the seller for being understanding. CDN_Stalker you seem to add something useful to each M11 discussion from my tour of the archives, special thanks to you for taking the time.
Old September 21st, 2005, 12:49   #9
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE
The gun jammed very regularly (3 or more times per clip). I followed CDN_Stalkers advice and carefully 'spread' the upper receiver. It worked to _reduce_ jamming to about once or twice per clip but hasn't prevented it. Great tip though.

Some shots have wicked power, then the next floats out like a gnat in a summer breeze.
Cleaning will lubing (do NOT overlube) help prevent many jams, if that is even happening which I doubt. I will do my best to explain ...

The fluxiation in power is most likely due to the "cool down effect" caused by the rapid release of propain. As the gun and mag get cold, the power is reduced. This loss of power not only effects the FPS of your shots, but can also be the reason the gun is jamming ... and by jamming I mean the bolt simply not having enough gas pressure to be recocked (most likely there is no jam).

I've owned three M11's and loved them. They all have issues once you start firing on full auto.

The semi auto problem however is not common. Sounds like the internal parts may be getting a little worn out ... or, again, the bolt is not retracting fully, thus not catching, thus you getting the whole sparatic full auto effect.

EDIT: I didn't notice that you were returning it. I guess I didn't need to type all of that.
Old September 21st, 2005, 13:47   #10
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE!!
Quote:

Thx guys, the seller and I have agreed to return this Mac, and I will try again with a new one. I would like to thank the seller for being understanding. CDN_Stalker you seem to add something useful to each M11 discussion from my tour of the archives, special thanks to you for taking the time.

Stalkers the man with the M11
his is pimped
as is quantis M11....35 rounds a second
Old September 21st, 2005, 15:00   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE!!
Quote:

Heh, thanks. I tend to be somewhat useful right across the board (when I can't be useful, I keep my mouth shut.) Honestly, I like troubleshooting online, makes me think and learn, and enjoy when others benefit as well.

Freedom Fighter, he DID say that he is getting another one, so your info will be of good use to him as well.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner