Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hop up ?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 1st, 2005, 19:17   #1
LRRP

Hop up ?

Sorry to be a NooB, but what is a Hop up, look at all the Newer Rifles, and they say "Hop up", I used the search but got 500 post, So I thought I'd ask?

LRRP
LRRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 19:27   #2
Greylocks

Did you check the Information section of this website like it has been suggested yet?

Read a LOT, we mean it. It's all there, all the guides and information on the other sections. Most of it is pinned to the top, or use the SEARCH option and narrow down the parameters.

A hopup is simply a way to stabilize the flight of the BB because the barrel has no rifling. It gives each BB a backspin as it travels down the barrel. You will never get the accuracy or the range of a rifled barrel, but you can manage quite well.

So go read, it will be the best thing you can do. Or... go to the Teams section for your province, contact people, and meet them. You cant learn in any faster way than being there. You'll learn faster than it takes time to type a question. No joke.

If not, I'm afraid the moderators will trash all your questions.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 19:30   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Close, Hop Up doesn't stabilize the BB, it just gives it added range. Rifling stabilizes a projectile, but is useless for spherical projectiles like airsoft BBs.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 19:39   #4
LRRP

ok, sorry. READ READ READ.

LRRP
LRRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 19:40   #5
Greylocks

That's the simplest explanation I could come up with, and stability can be seen in different ways. Rifling could work but would also change the legal status of airsoft guns, and several parts of the basic design. That's another question for another long thread.

However, this gentleman does need to read a lot or go meet people. That advice still stands, specially since he said he can travel.

Sorry man, yes, read. Sounds nasty but it's not meant to be.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 20:22   #6
Lokes

I can attest to this excellent advice. New to airsoft myself, I've been lurking in these forums for several weeks now and only recently starting to post. You'll be suprised what you can pickup even from conversations 3-4 weeks old.

Myself being in the Maritimes its not nearly as easy to hook up with fellow airsoft players so you've definately got an advantage there you should be exploiting.

Good luck on your crash course into airsoft
Lokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 20:34   #7
Num3

Send a message via MSN to Num3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokes
I can attest to this excellent advice. New to airsoft myself, I've been lurking in these forums for several weeks now and only recently starting to post. You'll be suprised what you can pickup even from conversations 3-4 weeks old.

Myself being in the Maritimes its not nearly as easy to hook up with fellow airsoft players so you've definately got an advantage there you should be exploiting.

Good luck on your crash course into airsoft

I have been lurking these forums since 2003. And still, i dont have any airsoft gear. I dont really remember asking a question on these forums. I only red them since a long time. Ill be an airsofter really soon (within a month or 2)

Just read. Its mostly faster than asking a question and wait for the answer.

Matt
Num3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:17   #8
Boombap

So I think the REAL question would be: What am best gun?
Boombap is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner