Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM P226 striker broken

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 21st, 2006, 19:20   #1
oiled midget

Cool TM P226 striker broken

Hello all,
I have a part fail on my TM P226 - it's a "striker" P226-32, the part that hits the valve. It basically just broke in two. This gun has seen a lot of action and has been heavily modded and was always running on propane. So I'm not particularily surprised that some wear and tear is starting to show up, but, is it possible to find a supplier of stock marui parts?

I have put some effort into trying to locate an online supplier (checked out all the usual suspects) without much luck. If anyone is selling/trading a used TM P226 or parts I'll be interested in hearing from you.

Alternatively, it should not be a big deal to make this part out of steel. all you need is a 4mm steel plate and an access to a machine shop. If you are interested and have the skills, please get in touch. I'd also be interested in making custom front/rear sights so maybe we can make an arrangement.
oiled midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 19:28   #2
BloodSport
Traveling Man

There is a metal part out for this, but everyone is out of stock. Search for a Valve Stopper for a G26 its the same part. You can order replacement TM stock plastic ones, but I"m in the same boat as you my 226 is modded to the tits and the plastic part just does not cut it anymore.
Old March 21st, 2006, 19:37   #3
oiled midget

sorry I was not clear, it's not the valve in the loading muzzle, its the valve on the mag. I'm looking for the part which hits the mag valve (or the one which hammer lands on, - on a real gun it'll be called a striker). It's a part of hammer assembly and is made of aluminum.
Old March 21st, 2006, 19:49   #4
BloodSport
Traveling Man

ah kk, that makes more sense now. wow mines not showing any stress like that yet, but thanks for the heads up I'll keep my eyes on it now.
Old March 21st, 2006, 23:37   #5
oiled midget

I doubt it's a common problem, unless you use a stiffer hammer spring. I think I put maybe 15k BBs through this p226 and all the other parts look ok. I'm suspecting that this breakage happened because of a stuck mag valve.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:02   #6
BloodSport
Traveling Man

heh heh all my springs are upgraded, my inner barrel, recoil rod, vavles, loading nozzle, metal kit, heck I cant remember everything I put into it, heh heh you'd have to ask Jugglez and Illusion what all I ordered.....
Old March 23rd, 2006, 16:34   #7
SockMonkey

Send a message via MSN to SockMonkey
not exactly the right spot but I just picked one up my self. Do you find all the extra stuff you put into your 226's makes a big preformance diffirence?
Old March 23rd, 2006, 21:28   #8
oiled midget

well some upgrades are just cosmetic, like a frame and grips. the ones that made the most impact for me were, first of all, a 6.01 barrel - massive improvement in accuracy and highflow mag valves, for more power. I had that barrel cut to a normal length, because it comes too long, so you have to put a flashhider or silencer on. So I cut off an inch and it didnt seem to make any difference, accuracy wise - it still kicked ass.

about the mag valves, well stock it used to shoot ~315 on propane, and with HF valves it's ~355. I had a 130% hammer spring installed but it only added like 5fps, so I took it off, it felt like it was damaging the gun, and the double-action trigger pull was really silly heavy. I also have a teflon coated recoil rod with a ballbearing, and it just cycles so silky smooth.... It came with it's own spring that the one I use, but with a slight mod, and the recoil action is as quick as plastic (I have a prime navy frame+slide). this one didn't add any performance but I feel it was worth every penny. other things I had replaced were all marui stock. thinking of getting a new trigger maybe, the old one is all worn out.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner