Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Brand new WA SCW v.2 1911... So many problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 30th, 2005, 16:44   #1
PorkFat

Unhappy Brand new WA SCW v.2 1911... So many problems

I'm new to the Airsoft thing and I think I may be turned off already. I've been plinking on a springer for some time now and decided to go all out with my first real purchase. Since I wanted something to emulate practicing with my real guns, but at home, I went with the Western Arms Smith and Wesson 1911 from WGC.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...566ea56945edef

I also picked up some BBs and 134 gas from Jungletoys and both came in on the same day. 3 days shipping from Hong Kong!

So I tear it open and load up some BBs and then run into my first problem. The genius who designed the magazine made the mag bumper too deep to fill with gas. So I take it off to fill it up and it all worked out fine. After a while of doing this I got fed up and cut it in half to reduce the depth. That worked fine until the I bumped the magazine bumper and the spring retaining indent part broke off. So I fabricated a new one from wood and all was good again.

Well, sort of. See, throughout all of this my magazine would always catch at the last 2 or 3 rounds and not feed unless I removed the magazine, flicked the follower down and let it go up and replaced the mag.

On top of that the hop up system seems to be wonky. When the muzzle facing away from you, the hop up adjuster all the way to the right makes the gun shoot about a mile too high. All the way to the left makes it hit point-of-aim but it can't be adjusted any more. There's about 11-12 clicks of adjustment in that little hex screw and it's maxed out.

This is where the third problem is. A BB will get stuck in the barrel, only to be shotgun-blasted out with several other BBs after a while. When this doesn't happen I'll need to run a rod down the barrel to knock them out.

Another problem I had that I fixed somehow was that the thumb safety would engage internally and cause me to press it down firmly every 3 shots or so until I heard a little click and then it would fire fine. I broke the gun down completely and put it back together again (it's pretty easy if you've done the same with real 1911 as they're pretty similar). Now that problem hasn't happened since.

Now I've fired the gun new with these BBs:
https://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/cus...3&cat=0&page=2

I've since ordered silicon oil, Tokyo Marui BBs and Excel BBs which I hear are better designed for my gun. I won't be firing it again until these come in. I was told if I continue firing the Infinity brand that I could be causing damage in the hop up, if it isn't already damaged.

I really wish there were english care instructions and troubleshooting guides online for these guns. The market is there, just no product. I'm just really bummed about the whole thing and spending so much money that my wife bitched at me about and having the situation turn out so crappy.
PorkFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 16:53   #2
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
I'm betting that all of those problems, except for the safety, are cause by the BBs you're using. The TM or Excel BBs should perform much better than that "Infinity" brand... I'm hoping they haven't destroyed your hopup rubber yet.

This link may be of interest to you: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filn.../sv_tuneup.htm
Old October 30th, 2005, 18:39   #3
Kid

Quote:
The highest grade bbs in the market today. The ideal bbs for all your guns.
Sounds like someone should sue someone, :lol:
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 22:31   #4
PorkFat

Red face

A thorough lubing with silicon spray inside the gun and magazine fixed all my problems except the stripped hop-up adjusting screw. And the fact that I spend 60 dollars on replacement ball bearings for the adjuster system since I couldn't get just one little steel ball. So if anybody needs extra chrome/steel hop-up adjuster ball bearings for their western arms SCW 2 gun, $4 a piece shipped. They're 25 grade.
PorkFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 23:18   #5
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Glad to hear it's working... I'd be sad if such a beautiful gun was broken.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner