Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Fuses.... are they really necessary?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 23rd, 2005, 20:42   #1
Razor

Fuses.... are they really necessary?

Are fuses really necessary? I have one upgraded gun that doesn't have a fuse holder and no problems yet & I have a MP5A5 that I'm installing a gearbox upgraded with Systema internals & 130% spring, problem is I have a custom built large type battery to fit the stock marui forestock that will not fit with the marui fuseholder assembly. there is just enough room to put a battery connector where the wiring comes out of the front end of the body, so no more room for a fuse. Any suggestions? Do I need a fuse?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 21:03   #2
Daes

Short answer: yes

Reason: Protects against current spikes which damages your engine. If you draw too much, your fuse blows, if no fuse, then you damage your engine.

-Daes-
Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 21:25   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
And on the other side, a fuse isn't the be all end all for AEG protection. Ya, I know, it should be in there to protect your battery and motor, but some run without a fuse, more because they have doen mods such as larger batteries and such that they can't fit a fuse in, therefore go without. Best to HAVE a fuse inline with your wires, but nothng will explode on you if you don't, unless your mechbox was built by someone who hasn't a clue WTF they are doing in there.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 21:26   #4
mcguyver

a 50 cent fuse is there to protect a 100 dollar motor. if your stock fuse holder won't fit fit, remove the plastic housing and use electrical tape or heatshrink to insulate the fuse assembly from the body. as for your other gun, if that gear box were to bind up for any reason your motor would fry before you could pull your finger off the trigger. it can happen that fast. doesn't always occur but fot the small investment it offers abundant protection. i've made previous posts with much more in-depth explanations if you want more info.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner