Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

STAR Mid Mag

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 14th, 2008, 23:38   #1
GreenKillerPuppet

STAR Mid Mag

Hello,

I have a JG36C and I just bought a box of 5 STAR Mid-Cap Mags because everyone who bought em seemed to enjoy them. The thing is though, they don't work. The only way I can get it to shoot is if I flip my gun upside down.

I don't think it's the problem with the rifle since I have a high-cap and it works fine.

So, the questions is, do I have to do something special with mid-caps before the spring actually springs the bbs into the gun? I tried filling one mag, then emptying, then filling, then emptying for like 5 times. It got a little better, it shoots like 50 out of the 140 before it gets stuck again.

Thanks for your help!
GreenKillerPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 23:49   #2
The Saint

Try droping a little bit of silicon oil into the mag, then loading and unloading BBs a few times to spread the oil out and get rid of the excess. See if it feeds any better after that.
Old April 15th, 2008, 00:23   #3
Chrios

+1 to what Saint said.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure the spring isn't stuck. If mags are new or have been in storage for a while, that'll happen and they BBs will only move when gravity is on their side. It happens to everybody at least once, no matter what brand they're using.

If Saint's suggestion doesn't rectify it, try taking the mags apart to make sure springs aren't twisted, or to apply more oil if necessary. It's not that hard and doesn't take long, just make sure you don't lose any pins or other mag guts. Good luck sorting it out.

Cheers,
Chrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 23:45   #4
LUTNIT

When I bought STAR midcaps I had to lube em all as said, but then they started to crack internally so the springs just flopped around inside and it was essentially a hollow shell I was pumping BB's into with my loader. MAG midcaps are far better if they make the model you're looking for.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:17   #5
mateba

off topic: for any AK users, they are my favorite midcaps. FLAWLESS VICTORY! They even feed the last round and I didn't prep them at all.
mateba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:17   #6
GreenKillerPuppet

Thanks guys!
GreenKillerPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner