Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

!!SOLVED!! GBB WE 1911 - blowback problem because of grip safety?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 8th, 2010, 00:38   #1
sewktbk

!!SOLVED!! GBB WE 1911 - blowback problem because of grip safety?

hey guys,

alright so i completely disassembled my WE 1911 for a repaint job. i reassembled it a few times during the process and tried it out, not a single problem, still worked like new.

Now when a finished the paint job (slide only), i reassemble it, and the gun acts weird. When i shoot, the slide blows back, but not entirely, and the discharge is weak. However when i release the grip safety half way (meaning i don't tightly hold the handle) the gun shoots perfectly fine, full throttle, very good and normal recoil.

What adjustment do i have to make? how come the grip safety influences the good function of the blowback?

Edit : i tried adjusting the plunger spring (or leaf spring) and it got a little better, but still not resolved.

Last edited by sewktbk; June 8th, 2010 at 18:19..
sewktbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:34   #2
sewktbk

common, i'm sure someone has had a similar problem or has knowledge on this, help me out please.

It seems to only be an ajustment to make...i just wanna do the right thing and not fuck it all up.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:37   #3
VooDooPeteK

I had same type of problem, took the thing apart and reinstalled everything (while taking extra care on the leaf spring) and got the gun working but the beaver tail safety does nothing now.

gun works good but no "grip safety" is better then safty working but not shooting good.
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:26   #4
sewktbk

Thanks for the input voodoo,

although i have to say, i'm a perfectionist, and i want the grip safety to still work.

any other help?

I figure theres got to be a certain precise bending of the prongs for it to work perfectly? thats what i tried adjusting and that made it a little better (even tho i didn't alter the original part what so ever, so i'm still wondering as to why it is that this got deadjusted somehow)
Old June 8th, 2010, 18:16   #5
sewktbk

Solved 100%!

the problem was indeed the leaf spring. For some reason, the middle prong needed to be readjusted, it wasnt bent forward enough. So i fucked around with it for a while, and bit by bit, test after test, i came to the right bending. Note that this was a very slight adjustment, so it seems like this part of the gun is very sensible to even the most minor change in tension.
Old June 8th, 2010, 18:31   #6
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
I know with the WE Baby high Cappa if you dryfire it when the slide is off and attemt to put it back on it has a tendancy to fuck up either the grip saftey or the hammer doesnt cock"teeheeeheee" all the way back causing the slide to stay in the full back position. This issue haunted me for months before i figured it out. And yeah it was the leafspring also it was ending up on the wrong side of the mechanism.

Last edited by Spawn28; June 8th, 2010 at 18:39..
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 19:31   #7
sewktbk

im not surprised man, and i know WE Hi-capas and 1911 function with the same or very similar leafspring, so yeah...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner