Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA SCAR-H with G&P SR25 mags...

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 1st, 2010, 00:10   #1
dizzale21

CA SCAR-H with G&P SR25 mags...

Hi all,

I recently picked up a CA SCAR-H and got some G&P SR25 mags (that are supposed to work fine with the SCAR) along with the deal. It's a great looking rifle, but the mags don't seem to be feeding consistently. I've heard around the net that some mods are needed for the G&P mags to work consistently... anyone know what I can do to the gun/mags to help it fire?

The gun shoots fine with the CA hi-cap it came with, so I know it's not a problem with the gun itself. Anyone have any suggestions?
dizzale21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 00:25   #2
Steven

I'm not any expert on those mags themselves, but in general, these things can help:

1) Put a drop of silicone oil down the feeding tube(Of the Magazine), and work the spring up and down.

2) Disassemble the Magazine, and stretch the spring that puts pressure on the BB's.

Feel free to add anything!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:40   #3
chaosnemesis

Try pressing the magazine up into the magwell. Chances are the mag sits too low for the bb retaining clip to fully disengage. If it feed well while pressed up then you can either.

1. File down the spring loaded retainer by a mm or so.
2. Alter the mags or the mag catch to sit in higher. Add tape or something to the top portion of the recessed mag catch area of the magazine .
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:58   #4
dizzale21

Thanks for the replies Steven and chaosnemesis; I've tried a couple of those solutions (including filing down the spring-loaded retainer and adding tape to the recessed portion of the mag catch) but unfortunately the issues still occur. The first 5 or so shots on semi will fire, but the mag simply won't feed afterwards.

I would disassemble the mag and stretch the spring, but unfortunately i can't seem to crack one open once i remove the actual mag portion from the outer aluminum shell

I've heard that some mid-caps require a "break in" time period before they're used. The mags look very new, so is this the case? I've heard from other people with similar problems that they should fill the mag and leave it overnight or something to weaken the the spring a little... is this something I should try?

If anyone has experience with these mags, or with the CA SCAR-H in particular, I'd appreciate your input. What mags do you use?
dizzale21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:43   #5
Wildlife

I use G&P SR-25 midcaps (in a G&P SR-25 ); had similar mag feed issues, managed to source my problem to the mags themselves. Try loading the mag up, then manually pulling back the BB retaining clip while holding a finger lightly over the BB feed tube. (Let the BBs out in a controlled release.) I found that after 6 or 7 BBs, two would jam up in the feed tube; there's a little "ramp" on each side of the tube that bottlenecks the double-stacked BBs into single-file that's the culprit.

I wipe the tiniest amount of silicone lube on the surface of those "ramps" every now and then, problem has disappeared. Don't wanna use too much, it'll grease up the hopup & barrel.

Dismantling the mag is really simple; remove the bottom screw, then slide the internal body out of the shell. There's eight screws on the internal body; one of them appears to be holding a tiny panel down. Removing that lets you pull out the spring without dismantling the rest of the body.
Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner