FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 30th, 2011, 16:25   #1141
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Any definitive solution for this issue? http://www.youtube.com/user/rickyvam.../1/W6j1gNuaT_g

many people files the metal under the bbu but i think it is caused from wear of inside parts causing the hammer to rise.
This issue is in my old Detonics and now start to begin in my Desert Warrior, so I think every pistol based on the 1911 is affected
How much does the hammer rise once the blowback unit clears it? The general cause for this is worn hammer hooks. If that's the case, replacing the hammer will renew this. Or if the sear is worn, likewise, that will relieve the issue. Worn frame holes (ovaling) can also cause this due to a misplaced hammer position. Wear to the blowback unit is generally a result of this problem, and filing it does relieve the problem, but is not a fix for the root problem.

There are a number of potential causes, so unless I see your particular build in my hands, I can not give you a specific diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
I wish to keep my Desert Warrior with the original plastic body but I wanto to upgrade the grip with a wooden one or rubber like Hogues.
There is a way to mantain the weight of the original grip, or are available "heavy" custom grips?
If you're going with custom, see if you can get one hollowed out to fit the Marui grip panel weights. I've never seen mass produced versions of this, except for the panels that come with some Hurricane conversion kits which come with the grip panel weights as well.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 17:19   #1142
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
How much does the hammer rise once the blowback unit clears it? The general cause for this is worn hammer hooks. If that's the case, replacing the hammer will renew this. Or if the sear is worn, likewise, that will relieve the issue. Worn frame holes (ovaling) can also cause this due to a misplaced hammer position. Wear to the blowback unit is generally a result of this problem, and filing it does relieve the problem, but is not a fix for the root problem.

There are a number of potential causes, so unless I see your particular build in my hands, I can not give you a specific diagnosis.

For now mine is a Stock Marui Desert Warrior with only few hundreds of bb's fired
If you're going with custom, see if you can get one hollowed out to fit the Marui grip panel weights. I've never seen mass produced versions of this, except for the panels that come with some Hurricane conversion kits which come with the grip panel weights as well.
tnx I hate the Kimber style and color fo the DW grip
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:09   #1143
turok_t

Hey Brian, what you think about the new "Airsoft Surgeon Fixed Hop up crossover PDI 6.01 inner barrel" ? Here is a description that I found :

"An unique, high quality "Hop-up" system from Airsoft Surgeon is here!!

Airsoft Surgeon's new "Fixed Hop up" x PDI 6.01 inner barrel, designed to fit P226, Hi-capa, 1911, and Glock.

The Hop up is made out of metal, big improvement on accuracy and it gives much higher fps. With 0.23 and 0.25g BBs, this will bring you amazing performance. And pellets will NOT drop out from the end of barrel again.

Expected to be in stock this month (june/2011). Will be Available in 3 lengths- 5, 6 and 7. It comes with a PDI 601 as a set. "

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:25   #1144
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey Brian, what you think about the new "Airsoft Surgeon Fixed Hop up crossover PDI 6.01 inner barrel" ? Here is a description that I found :

"An unique, high quality "Hop-up" system from Airsoft Surgeon is here!!

Airsoft Surgeon's new "Fixed Hop up" x PDI 6.01 inner barrel, designed to fit P226, Hi-capa, 1911, and Glock.

The Hop up is made out of metal, big improvement on accuracy and it gives much higher fps. With 0.23 and 0.25g BBs, this will bring you amazing performance. And pellets will NOT drop out from the end of barrel again.

Expected to be in stock this month (june/2011). Will be Available in 3 lengths- 5, 6 and 7. It comes with a PDI 601 as a set. "
I don't have any experience with this yet, so I couldn't say. I'm always willing to try new things like this, though.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:27   #1145
kar120c

First upgrades for my DW (pic inside)

Replaced the Kimber grip with the Hogue, very nice grip, feel solid and fit perfetcly the pistol. The only complaint is the loss of weight due to the metal counterweights of the original grip. I am working to fill with some weights the holes in the frame under the grip so to gain some more gr.

The flashlight is a very good clone of the X-300 Surefire, made by Fire Kylin, mine has original logo printed. It is metal and waterproof and it is able to shot 190 lumens

Last edited by kar120c; June 3rd, 2011 at 08:32..
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 20:39   #1146
RJT

ILLusion,

Here is my new race gun I bought and what its supposed to have done. I am in the process of changing out the sear and leaf spring because of problems. It fires full auto at times and the hammer is having issues with not locking back or half cocking. I am pretty sure the sear and leaf spring should correct these issues. Do you think this will correct the issues?

Here is what it has right now.

- Tokyo Marui HI-CAPA 5.1 (Stainless Model)
- 5KU CNC MatchMaster Custom Slide Set For Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 (SV)
- Shooters Design Real Pistol (STI) Grip For TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Series - Grey
- Shooters Design Metal Magazine Base Type B For Marui Hi Capa 5.1 Government (SV)
- PMC CNC Aluminum Magwell (STI) For Marui Hi-Capa ( STI, SV )
- PDI 01 Precision Inner Barrel For Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 6inch
- NINE BALL Spring Plunger Set For Marui HI Capa 5.1 Government
- V-Tech C-MOR Systems Red Dot Sight (Grey)
- V-Tech (STI) C-More Scope Mount (SV)
- Custom Steel Recoil Spring Guide
- Custom Enhanced Recoil spring For Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( 150% )

Can you make any suggestions of anything I need to add or do to it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:39   #1147
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT View Post
ILLusion,

Here is my new race gun I bought and what its supposed to have done. I am in the process of changing out the sear and leaf spring because of problems. It fires full auto at times and the hammer is having issues with not locking back or half cocking. I am pretty sure the sear and leaf spring should correct these issues. Do you think this will correct the issues?
Hard to say for certain, unless I have it in front of me to inspect the firing mechanism.

Generally, this is caused by the sear hanging on the leaf spring, or the leaf spring prong being too weak. If the latter, increasing the prong strength on the sear will help with this. If the former, then check for gaps between the frame and grip, OR if the sear prong is catching on a lip of the sear, then file the lip smooth. Check action with the grip safety removed.
Old June 10th, 2011, 13:49   #1148
RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Hard to say for certain, unless I have it in front of me to inspect the firing mechanism.

Generally, this is caused by the sear hanging on the leaf spring, or the leaf spring prong being too weak. If the latter, increasing the prong strength on the sear will help with this. If the former, then check for gaps between the frame and grip, OR if the sear prong is catching on a lip of the sear, then file the lip smooth. Check action with the grip safety removed.

Thanks, my parts should be here in a few days then I will see if I can figure it out. I will let you know.
Old June 10th, 2011, 20:44   #1149
xl1

hi brian, whats the possibility cause if the magazine when insert in, then i cocking the slide it doesn't work.

Only if i cocking the slide first, and then i insert magazine, then its fine
is that because of the knocker or the disconnector?

im using CP slide and frame set 6"

thanks
andy
xl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 13:15   #1150
RJT

I am having problems with a 5KU barrel slide setup. I have the following barrel and slide set below.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/im...B229S-AG-1.jpg

The problem is the barrel is coming apart when firing. The only part of the barrel that is screwed in is the compensator portion. The other section seems to be only held together by friction. So when I fire it the barrel is coming apart. I even went as far as two part epoxy the barrel together but it seems to break that free also. The only option I see is a set screw or welding it together.

This is my first experience with this type of barrel setup so maybe I am missing something. Any suggestions.

Last edited by RJT; June 13th, 2011 at 01:17..
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:59   #1151
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1 View Post
hi brian, whats the possibility cause if the magazine when insert in, then i cocking the slide it doesn't work.

Only if i cocking the slide first, and then i insert magazine, then its fine
is that because of the knocker or the disconnector?

im using CP slide and frame set 6"

thanks
andy
Andy,

For Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa/1911, causes are:

1) Valve knocker is too long. Grind down it's length.
2) Flow valve strike face height is too high. Adjust it lower.

I'm assuming you're talking about Tokyo Marui, but you mention "CP slide & frame set", which as far as I can recall, only manufactured for WA. If you are referring to WA, then unfortunately, I don't know enough about the Magna pistols to be able to comment.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT View Post
I am having problems with a 5KU barrel slide setup. I have the following barrel and slide set below.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/im...B229S-AG-1.jpg

The problem is the barrel is coming apart when firing. The only part of the barrel that is screwed in is the compensator portion. The other section seems to be only held together by friction. So when I fire it the barrel is coming apart. I even went as far as two part epoxy the barrel together but it seems to break that free also. The only option I see is a set screw or welding it together.

This is my first experience with this type of barrel setup so maybe I am missing something. Any suggestions.
Yup. Buy a better product, like ILLusion Kinetics. :P Sorry, I won't support 5KU products. If you wish to support a company that tries to directly rip off other company's products (and does a bad job at it), then feel free to bug the retailer you bought it from when you have problems with it.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:30   #1152
RJT

Brian,

First off, I didnt "support" a company that rips off other companies. Well, not knowingly. I am just getting into race guns and have no clue from one company to the next and their history, issues, quality, etc. I bought this gun used (already built) and truth be known I was ripped off. At this point I am just trying to make the best out of a bad situation. I just want a gun that functions. I didnt mean to "bug" you.

I am into this gun some 20 hours and way to much money. I have chased my tail with this thing till I am cross eyed. It was one issue after the next.

I fixed the barrel by welding it together. As of now I have it up and running and seems to be ok. I am still doing testing but so far so good.

I think the FPS is pretty bad because it want go through a drink can a foot away. I am going to get it chroned this week but that will be my next issue to tackle to see if I can get the fps up. Any suggestions?

Last edited by RJT; June 14th, 2011 at 08:48..
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:24   #1153
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

To be honest, unless I have it in my hands, I'm not able to see what your potential problem causes are, as I'm not given enough information based on your descriptions. Particularly if this is your first gun of this platform, you may not know what to look for.

When I pick up a problem gun, there isn't a particular checklist I go through to find problems... I just look at it and look for what's out of place. Of course, this comes with experience, and I am not expecting you to be able to do the same.

For what it's worth, your build should be able to punch through a soda can. I would check all the areas relating to seal (nozzle, piston head, rocket valve, hop up rubber and barrel), and ensure all is good.
Old June 14th, 2011, 20:56   #1154
RJT

Brian,

Thanks for the response!!

I had it chroned today and it shot as high as 285 but was around a 240 average. After I got back home I put teflon tape around the hop up area and now it shoots through both side of a drink can. I can only assume it has helped it but will need to chrono to know exactly how much.

I know it is hard to tell what is wrong without looking at it direct. If you were in US I would jusr send it to you fix.

Have any idea why the slide stop would not be working on a regular basis? It works at time and other time not. Does the safety spring play a part in it engaing? I dont think it is the mag follower spring?? I know most slide locks pop in place but this one does not. Would a weak plunger spring cause this?

It is getting a bit better day by day considering where it started from. Thanks for all the help so far.

Last edited by RJT; June 14th, 2011 at 21:57..
Old June 14th, 2011, 21:54   #1155
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

The plunger spring's only involvement with the slide catch, is to hold the slide catch in, as well as to actually DISengage the slide catch when an empty magazine is NOT present.

Again, unless I see it in person, I can't give you an actual diagnosis, as there are multiple causes.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications