Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA MP7 - Outdoor skirmishable as primary?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 11th, 2013, 12:14   #91
Strelok

I have an Mp7 suppressor (not the angry gun, just the hollow tube) and I'd love to run an extended barrel through it. What are my options for barrels for the thing?
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:20   #92
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I have an Mp7 suppressor (not the angry gun, just the hollow tube) and I'd love to run an extended barrel through it. What are my options for barrels for the thing?
Falcon.

Length: 363mm
Inner Diameter: 6.03mm

You'd probably be shooting over 450 fps stock with it, lol.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-6-...gbb-363mm.html
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:32   #93
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Falcon barrels have been out of stock for some time.
A+ Studios makes MP7 barrels.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 08:44   #94
seabass
trevorthetwigyalienman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornf1ake View Post
I just took my orange tip off as I bought a 5KU MP7 Silencer. That thing was really on there. Makes the gun look really nice without it and the silencer on it. Is it possible to shoot the MP7 with the silencer attached though, or do I need to get an extended barrel to shoot it?
I have a 5ku supressor and its crap. It flops around too much. 50% of my shots hit the inside and break bbs. I was shooting over the head of a teammate who ducked to reload and the bb fragments were hitting him in the top of the head. It was painfully hilarious.
Old September 20th, 2013, 18:17   #95
AnthB

Always nice to read the gun is a beast with no upgrades. I did zero research on it, bought as an impulse buy yesterday. Woot!
AnthB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 18:35   #96
docholiday
docholidayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass View Post
I have a 5ku supressor and its crap. It flops around too much. 50% of my shots hit the inside and break bbs. I was shooting over the head of a teammate who ducked to reload and the bb fragments were hitting him in the top of the head. It was painfully hilarious.
Anybody else have that experience was just about to get one lol
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 00:30   #97
AnthB

Npas ive heard is cracking bodies or something like that. I guess ill have to find that cqb bolt .
Old September 21st, 2013, 14:32   #98
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthB View Post
Npas ive heard is cracking bodies or something like that. I guess ill have to find that cqb bolt .
Where did you hear this? I can't even visualize how this is even technically possible. All it does, is restrict gas flow out the muzzle.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 14:40   #99
AnthB

It wasn't the body. Someone told me at a shop I was at that it made a fissure down something and it happened really quickly. Don't ask me how. First GBB trying to learn things but everything someone says, someone else has a different opinion / fact . Im looking for a link on concrete info about what affects the fps on gas and aegs. From what I've heard they are a lot different to upgrade.

Just reading your ASC thread on another post.

Last edited by AnthB; September 21st, 2013 at 14:43..
Old September 21st, 2013, 14:59   #100
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
It wasn't the body. Someone told me at a shop I was at that it made a fissure down something and it happened really quickly. Don't ask me how.
That's theoretically impossible. If some form of crack occurred, it would have been caused by something else. It could have been coincidental that it occurred after installing the NPAS.

Quote:
First GBB trying to learn things but everything someone says, someone else has a different opinion / fact . Im looking for a link on concrete info about what affects the fps on gas and aegs. From what I've heard they are a lot different to upgrade.
Here's concrete info:

The items that affect FPS in any gun depend on the power source. The theory behind gas guns are generally different from an AEG, but on the grander scale of things, there can be similarities drawn.

In an AEG, the primary and major source of power change, is in the spring itself. Same goes for bolt action and other spring cocked guns. If you want higher power, you put in a stronger spring. If you want lower power, you put in a weaker spring. There are other components that can affect power output in an AEG, although, they are generally very minor. For example, if you have a medium length inner barrel (let's say anything from a 247mm length P90 inner barrel up to a 363mm standard 14.5" M4 length inner barrel), and you upgrade to a long barrel (let's say a PSG-1 590mm), you will see a power increase, but it wouldn't be much more than 20fps. Getting a tighter bore will also increase your power (example: going from a stock 6.08mm bore down to a 6.01, or in extreme high end cases, down to 5.98mm). Tightening the bore will increase air pressure and the time the BB has in the barrel for air compression. Better hop up rubbers will create better seals, but again, the increases are minimal, and while there are wild claims of 30fps gains with some rubbers, I think a 10fps gain AT MOST, is more realistic.

Gas guns, on the other hand, are quite a different beast. To draw from the spring analogy, the major power source is the propellent. The easiest way to get higher power, is to use stronger gas. Most Japanese manufactured GBB's are designed for use with HFC134a Tetrafluoroethane (duster gas), which is 83psi at 20°C. Thus, the best way to increase power, is to increase pressure (like changing to a stronger spring in an AEG), and most of us do this by using propane (which is about 131psi). In some cases, if your gun (and magazine) can handle even higher pressure, R22 or even CO2 can be used as a propellent source.

The next biggest item that affects power output in a gas gun, is the length of the barrel. Putting in a longer barrel will dramatically increase power. Second to that, would be the bore of the barrel. Again, the tighter the bore, the higher the power output.

Following that, the release valve on the magazine would be the next runner up on items that affect power output. High flow valves will increase the gas flowing out of the magazine. More gas = greater bandwidth down the chain. The con to this, is a higher consumption of gas.

After this, the hop up rubber would be the next greatest affector of power output. Better seals and improved geometry in recent hop up rubber technologies hold the BB in the chamber for a longer period of time, which yields greater gas expansion, and increased gas output before its release. Again, this will use up a bit more gas.

Finally, the next biggest affector of power output would be the floating valve system. There are at least a dozen different names for this valve, and most of them are simple descriptors for the shape of it. They can be called negative pressure valves, floating valves, cylinder bulbs, reed valves, whatever the case is... in theory, they all do the same thing. High flow or Power Up versions of these valves basically remove any restrictions of flow. Generally through the removal of support materials, or by using a completely re-engineered design. In many cases, this part is also combined with a stronger spring, which essentially holds this valve open for a longer period of time. There are downsides to using stronger springs, generally, greater gas consumption as well as weaker blowback. Expect anywhere from a 5fps to 30fps increase by upgrading to high flow floating valves. This will completely depend on what gun it is that you're upgrading, the brand (which determines the intricacies of the blowback system), as well as a combination of all the other above mentioned upgrades.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 15:06   #101
Cornf1ake

Crap, my mp7 won't fire... Only mods I have done is the flash hider and added a sling swivel. Now yesterday I wanted to test fire it and it would not fire. Gas is in the mag, but what I am noticing is that the bolt release on the side no longer functions. In fact the charging handle one I charge the gun the bolt stays open... I have never been in a game so this gun has never been gamed... Thoughts?
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 15:10   #102
hollywood...
cranky old man

pull and reinstall your bolt

Last edited by hollywood...; September 21st, 2013 at 15:51.. Reason: proof read for the win!
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 15:40   #103
Cornf1ake

I wish I wasn't such a newb. So what I have done is popped the pins in the rear, took out that assembly, I assume it is the bolt. It all looks fine, nothing looks loose in the gun. Still same issue.
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 15:45   #104
AnthB

Oh super cool that they use refrigerant in japan. I'm a refrigeration mechanic so I have all that stuff. Though, If I were to blast it into the air I'd get fined heavily lol.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion