Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C8 Conversion

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 15th, 2012, 21:45   #91
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I had one of the clone elcans from huang and can tell you it's much smaller than the real one. Just a bit of advice, if you're going to build a C8, take your time, it's worth it to wait out the parts (Real elcans have been in the classifieds for as little as $400). There is nothing worse than some of the abortions some people come up with claiming it to be a C8.

Blank or laser trades body is the way to go, you can get the special files required to load into the engraver online.

Last edited by The Chad; August 15th, 2012 at 21:47..
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 21:54   #92
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Just been looking at the reviews from other people on eBay who bought the one I ordered earlier and all reviews I found of it were good, none bad, and out of almost 3500 reviews on all of the company's products over the last 12 months there are only 31 bad reviews on any products, none of them Elcans. I'm hoping for the best on this one, and worse comes to worse I can ship it back for refund (minus the chapped ass shipping charge). Fingers crossed, and if it turns out to be decent I will definitely post it as such here for anyone else looking into purchasing as I got a good deal (96.68CAD shipping in.). Just hoping it's not too good to be true. If it is then I guess your can tell me 'I told you so' Green Synergy, but I digress...
Old August 15th, 2012, 21:56   #93
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I had one of the clone elcans from huang and can tell you it's much smaller than the real one. Just a bit of advice, if you're going to build a C8, take your time, it's worth it to wait out the parts (Real elcans have been in the classifieds for as little as $400). There is nothing worse than some of the abortions some people come up with claiming it to be a C8.

Blank or laser trades body is the way to go, you can get the special files required to load into the engraver online.
Hey, did you ever get that CADEX grip from Hamilton Tactical?

On the note of the C8 files, if you do go to Imperial Engravers, they actually already have a template due to the sheer amount of interest in CF Markings. All you need is your model number, and the serial.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 22:07   #94
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
Except for the colour of the windage adjustment screw, that looks just like mine. Please let us know how it looks, once it arrives.

When I painted my cover, I simply sprayed it with Krylon OD green. The paint is wearing a bit now, but it still looks good. Unlike the rifle's furniture, I didn't use sealer on the Elcan's cover. I figured even with sealer, the paint can chip off the rubber fairly easily. There has been chipping, but not too much. Another quick spray of paint every season should keep it looking the way I want.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:37   #95
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
Hey, did you ever get that CADEX grip from Hamilton Tactical?
No, I think I'm going to wait to see a CADEX one on the classies again and try to snatch it up before anyone else.

I just ordered the steel cqb outer barrel I needed to thread onto my L119A1 barrel extension so apart from a blank lower, maybe two, I'm gonna start building my SFW on the WA platform.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 22:49   #96
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
Except for the colour of the windage adjustment screw, that looks just like mine. Please let us know how it looks, once it arrives.

When I painted my cover, I simply sprayed it with Krylon OD green. The paint is wearing a bit now, but it still looks good. Unlike the rifle's furniture, I didn't use sealer on the Elcan's cover. I figured even with sealer, the paint can chip off the rubber fairly easily. There has been chipping, but not too much. Another quick spray of paint every season should keep it looking the way I want.
Unfortunately this company is fresh out of stock on their Elcan C79's, although the eBay page states differently. Got a full refund right away for it though which was good. Apparently these sights are in extremely high demand at the moment (ha-ha). Back to Google-magic and on the hunt for another one.

Talked to Huang from AD today and he said they aren't getting any in until the end of September at least, and I don't feel like waiting that long when I essentially have everything else except the CADEX grip (which I may not even bother with, probably get a custom rubber for comfort). Should any of you find a listing of in-stock, good quality Elcan replicas, please do update the thread with the link/details or even PM me. It's really the only piece I have yet to pick up.

It would be nice if some of these rubberized pieces already came colored to spec as well, although I guess us enthusiasts are alone in that department.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; August 16th, 2012 at 22:52..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 23:24   #97
Zack The Ripper

Only other that looks remotely similar is this one.: Amazon.com: 4x Tactical Elcan Type Optical Sight Rifle Scope: Sports & Outdoors

Don't like the fact that the bottom front rubber is 'cut off' though. Thoughts?
Old August 16th, 2012, 23:33   #98
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Only other that looks remotely similar is this one.:

Don't like the fact that the bottom front rubber is 'cut off' though. Thoughts?
I've seen that type too. You'll want to avoid them. The optics are terrible and the reticle pattern is all wrong.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 23:45   #99
Zack The Ripper

Figured as much. You would think with it being such a popular sight more companies would be selling the dame thing!
Old August 16th, 2012, 23:47   #100
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

It looks just like this one -
http://airsoft-club.com/shop/bmz_cac...ge.640x480.jpg
http://airsoft-club.com/shop/scope/n...ht-rifle-scope
Man I feel sorry for the poor soul who bought this one thinking tha...........oh wait, hold on a second. Man I'm starting to feel sorry for myself
Poo!

Last edited by ARC-74; August 17th, 2012 at 04:57.. Reason: Corrected spelling
ARC-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 23:58   #101
Zack The Ripper

Yeah these are the KingArms/G&P style Elcans which unfortunately are shit from what I hear, and I hear it from everyone.. Oh well. I've been searching online for an hour and a half; no joy. May end up having to wait for Huang to restock after all...
Old August 17th, 2012, 00:07   #102
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Yeah these are the KingArms/G&P style Elcans which unfortunately are shit from what I hear, and I hear it from everyone.. Oh well. I've been searching online for an hour and a half; no joy. May end up having to wait for Huang to restock after all...
I might have a big black cubic zirconia on its way, unless ....excuse me,I have to go send an e-mail .
Fudge!
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:21   #103
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

EoTech 552, problem solved.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:31   #104
Zack The Ripper

Yeeeaahhhh.... unfortunately I'm being picky and I want mag. optics. I like to see where my rounds are going at distance.
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:12   #105
jomor

Mags

I assume that most of you will be going with STANAG mags? I know that they are plastic and arent used any more but I love the look of theThermomold mags.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion