Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 8th, 2012, 20:05   #931
Bois Brule

Ha! If I was 16, I'd pick a cooler age than "39". I'd probably say I was, I dunno... 21. 39s just... Old

Yeah, I'm AV'd on EAR, but not here. Working on it, it's a matter of finding the time to get where I need to be to do so.

Thanks for the welcome!
Bois Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 03:13   #932
Smiggly

Hi everyone, been lurking on the forums for a while now, not saying much. Though I would finally introduce myself. Name's Brandon and I have been playing airsoft for about a year now. I am from Surrey BC and play locally at panther's paintball. Look forward to getting active in these forums.

Last edited by Smiggly; June 9th, 2012 at 03:16..
Smiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 19:37   #933
OTD Razor

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris, and I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. I'm relatively new to Airsoft, having had my first outdoor game a couple weeks ago. I was introduced to the sport by the owner of Capital Airsoft, Jeff; we used to work together back when Dell had a call center here.

About me: I'm a new dad; my 6 month daughter keeps me and my wife crazy busy. Aside from Airsoft, I'm into cross-country mountain biking, working on cars, PC gaming (big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, looking at building a kit around it) and computer programming (currently teaching myself C#). I work in IT... my house is full of all sorts of computer gear, so it's definitely safe to call me a geek =P

Looking forward to seeing some of you out in the field =)
OTD Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 14:16   #934
moher33

Hey everyone.
I'm Devin, and I'm 23 years old, from Beeton, ON. I'm really new to airsoft. I only just heard about it a year or so ago, but I'm already looking forward to giving it a wirl. I'm sure its loads of fun and sounds like its a real kick.
A little bit about me. I'm from a small town north of Toronto. I've got a few friends who go airsofting all the time and they rave about it. I love soccer, I'm a huge Liverpool fan. I also love hockey and I spend far too much time on my XBox .
I've been looking into getting my first airsoft gun. I've spent a lot of time looking around online and really like the sounds of a WE Hk416. Trouble is I can't seem to find any in Canada atm and I'm a bit worried about having one imported. And advice would be great.

Looking forward to getting out there and having a great time,
Cheers
moher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:50   #935
wingnut

Thumbs up Noob...

Hey all,

Names Wingnut (aka:Anthony).

I'm new here and a 4 game vet in airsoft. Im 34 years young, and hail from Red Deer, Alberta. I mainly play the odd weekend game when I can find the time, and will be hitting up the weeknight game this week with the R.A.A.T. crew.

I run a KWA M4A1 done up like the Belgian H&K416, KJW 1911 sidearm and just picked up a ASG AW.308 bolt to play as a cloth monster.

Hobbies include bikes, cars, battlefield and airsoft.
wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 22:52   #936
Sgt.Osorio

n00b :duke:

Hello Everyone!

Names Mario, but it's Sgt.Osorio for now. Live in the states (Cali) and go to a Military school. Was surfing youtube when came across Scoutthedoggies videos and BAM! 3 and half years later, airsofting takes up my social life (Kidding!) Found out about ASC a year ago and finally had the decency to sign up. Our neighbors up north have a HUGE amount of knowledge about our beloved sport. Good to know people that love the sport as much as I do exist !
Sgt.Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 23:42   #937
KingLenardee

Hey were do I get AV'd In Brampton?
KingLenardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 13:59   #938
Christ Puncher

Newbie Here

don't know if anyone still checks this out anymore but ill go ahead and introduce myself. Im totally new to this whole forum thing and airsoft as well. Im looking at getting a hobby other than XBOX, and ive always enjoyed shooting ppl on COD so i figured this is a logical next step. Im at the point now where i need info on gear and pricing, so ill be lurking about the forum quite a bit. Thanx, i will be eagerly looking for any tips that can be given to the Newb that is me

Christ Puncher
Christ Puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 23:00   #939
m1lk0r

Hello Airsoft Canada!

The name is Andrew, I'm a 29 year old PROUD father of two daughters (one two years old, the other due in September) I'm also a construction worker, currently enjoying the boom in the construction industry, ala Toronto. (Currently, there are around 129 sites in Toronto alone, we're number one in the world for Construction, as it stands. Something to be proud of! Mind you, once the pan-am games are done and over with, it'll take a nose dive.) I've been a hobby gamer for as long as I can remember, with interests leading into the Military, Computers, Cars, and recently Airsoft.

I've been on this site many years ago, perhaps four now. With no record of my old information, I thus had to create a new one. Don't worry, I think I only made a greeting. At the time, I didnt do much research in regards to buying anything airsoft related aside from drooling over all the awesome stuff there is. I've played Paintball, but never enjoyed it simply because I didnt like the look of the guns. Then I discovered Airsoft, and I was blown away at the attention to detail when it came to these fine beauts.

Having realized now with my current age and what not, there's not alot of hobbies out there for a guy like me, being a parent and all takes up a lot of time. With that said, putting aside the gaming was for the best. However, Airsoft is something I can dedicate time and energy into, seeing how it can be very addictive. Like having tattoos, or collecting medieval weaponry (had a nice 32 piece collection at one time, until it got stolen while moving from Welland back to Toronto.)

Needless to say, I've been creeping around Airsoft Canada for the past two weeks, reading up on anything and everything. I have LOTS of questions, primarily AEGS as a first time owner. I do have one question, regarding the Age Verification. I understand having proper ID. But here's my problem, I do have a license, however it expired in '07. I have a citizenship, however I'm only four years old on the picture, regardless whether it's government ID, I'll leave that up to you guys to decide, going back to the license, seeing how I'm 29 now, with the license expiring in '07, do the right math and either way I would've been of age even when it was active. But I digress, and will leave that with the pro's.

I wanted to clear the air regarding this, before I ventured forth and got a hold of a Regional Rep.

As of now, I'm currently building my kit. I have'nt purchased anything as of yet, but I do have a spiffy list, and if anyone is willing to go through the list with me, I'd love to share it with you guys, hear your thoughts on some of the items!

Dont know about you guys, but I think it's time to end this novel, again guys thanks for allowing me into this fantastic community/family!

Drew
Out!
m1lk0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 13:09   #940
TrainAss

Hey all! Name's Matt, but people call me TrainAss or Caboose! I'm a 29yo father of a 2.5mo girl and from Edmonton, AB but originally from London Ontario (I moved here to be with my wife).My roomate got in to airsoft a few years back, has a nice electric G36K and a 1911 GBB. After holding and shooting his 2 guns, I've really wanted to get in to Airsoft.

I'm currently on the hunt for a GBB Walther CP99 that I can use in games and on a shooting course, but I'm having trouble finding a decent one. Been lurking on the forums for a while, and figure it's about time I sign up. I really want to get full in to Airsoft, and start going to some games and tournaments and whatnot. There looks to be a lot of good resource and help on these forums, so I should be set!

I'm big in to computers, electronics and video games. Aviation buff as well.
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:41   #941
gigantor28

Hey everyone, name is Dave, 36. I was into Airsoft when I was working in HK about 15 years back, but wasn't able to bring them back with me. Just went to get some new guns over the weekend and now chomping to play!
gigantor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 21:50   #942
Drahaus

Hey Team,

I'm brand new to airsoft and I'm here looking to learn and have fun.

A little about me. I'm a 29 y/o EMT living here in Edmonton. I've moved away from working emerg. for a while and I'm starting to miss that little rush of adrenaline. I've never had any sort of military or combat training, and I've barely even touched a gun; so this is going to throw me right out of my element. Up until now I've been more of an outdoor geek - I canoe, mountain bike, etc..At work I have a reputation as being a guy who's happy to be there and happy to learn and help; and that's the attitude I'll be bringing with me. In talking to people about it, I'm sure that it's not a question of whether I'm going to get into airsoft, but rather how.

I've been trying to do a bunch or research, and, so far it's a bit overwhelming; there is a lot of info to sift through. I'm excited though, all of the people I've talked to are very helpful and very enthusiastic, contagiously so. If everything goes according to plan, I hope to get out to a game soon to see what it's like and then it's guns, grins, and gung-ho.

Cheers Everybody,
Drahaus
Drahaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 17:28   #943
Solidjake

Hey there

Hey my name is Jake, I'm 29 years old and I live in Toronto. I'm a pretty laid back person and enjoy anything as long as its with good people. I just caught wind of airsoft a couple weeks ago and have been really interested since. I recently purchased a gun (va36c) to get myself into the sport and am looking forward to getting age verified and to start playing some games/meeting new people. I am never the most active member when it comes to forums but I will try to do better here!

Cheers!
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 22:22   #944
Heavy_D

Hello Everyone here at ASC

Im Darcy im 40 years old and really liking Airsoft alot , been playing paintball for 20 years off and on . My stepson and I are both getting into Airsoft together so hope to see some of you around soon .

Hoping to get AV'd as soon as I can so I can see all the threads, im also on EAR as HEAVY D and already AV'd so will make my way down to see Jeff at Capital Airsoft soon .
Heavy_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 00:22   #945
Scorpion8950

Hi Everybody
My name is Rogelio Iglesias I am 28 years old from Venezuela, I just arrived in Toronto 4 months ago, for studying English, I have been playing airsoft for 2 years in my country, I want to join in a team, visit my post: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=142945 Thanks.
Scorpion8950 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank