Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 6th, 2012, 20:51   #916
ugcspawn

Hello all, my name is Mathieu, 33yrs, and I'm on the north shore of Montreal. I'm from the paintball side of the milsim (sorry!), but after lurking here for almost a year and meeting Red Tiger in person, I see myself trying out airsoft in a near future!
ugcspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 00:13   #917
Scout Dorne

Hey everyone, my name is Cole, I'm 21 years old and from Mississauga, Ont. I'm quite new to airsoft (only been into it for about 2 weeks), but after finding this community I can't wait to get age verified and see a few matches!
Scout Dorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:30   #918
Pyra_cantha

Hey ASCA community,

My name is Shawn, I'm from the west Island in Montreal. I have been looking to get into airsoft for about a year now. Although I signed up last summer, I never did anything beyond that, so to prevent myself from doing the same thing this year, I went out and got some gear. After spending the whole afternoon reading every newbie topic/rule thread I could find, (right down to basic maintenance threads) I figured I'd make a post introducing myself. As much as I read up on and retained, I still know that I have a lot to learn, reading up can only do so much. I know that the best way to learn is to be out in the field and pick things up first hand. So with that in mind, I hope to be out and playing with you guys this summer and look forward to being able to pick up a new hobby.
Pyra_cantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:38   #919
Doc Cobra

Hi everyone, my name is Sinisa but everyone call me Doc. I am from Croatia and I am coming to Toronto to work and live here for a while. I play airsoft for almost five years now in Croatia and would like to keep on playing in Canada too. I hope you will make this transition easy on me and help me with some questions that I will post here. Once again Hi to all and hope seeing you soon on "battlefield"
Doc Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 15:47   #920
Funky99

Hey ASC!

My name is Sean and I am 40 years OLD and from Edmonton, Alberta.
Making the transition from Paintball to airsoft with my son and was told by the guys on EAR to get over here and sign up... so here I am

Hope to get to know some of you soon!

--Sean
Funky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 16:04   #921
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian View Post
hi...im from Philippines going to toronto this month of May for good. Just want to ask if airsoft in canada is legal if you abide on rules and regulations according to law?i mean like gun registrations...because here in the Philippines even if you had a PTT(permit to Transport) some law enforcer doesn't honor that paper but it came from their head office...
Airsoft is perfectly legal in Canada, as long as you abide by municipal, provincial and federal laws - example, some municipalities do not permit discharge of a projectile firing weapon within their boundaries, ie. outside of your home in your backyard.

There is no travel document requirements for airsoft, or government registration requirements for airsoft weapons - but it is highly advisable that you treat your airsoft 'toy' as the real deal, and when going from house to game, that you carry it stored in a proper gun case and out of sight from the general public. You do not want it to be mistaken for the real deal and have an encounter with the police over it - they will treat it as the real deal, and you as a potential threat with it, until proven otherwise. Airsoft weapons are treated as unrestricted firearms - that is to say, once imported into Canada, there is no further regulation on them, unless they exceed the projectile FPS that the unrestricted firearms class covers.

Do not carry your airsoft in public, do not carelessly store your airsoft at home or elsewhere, and do not play in an unapproved/inappropriate field where you could be seen by the general public who is not familiar with airsoft (and thus potentially provoking a firearms call to the police, shortly followed by a real bad day for you..) .. In short, exercise what should be common sense as it applies to 'real firearms' ownership, and you should be good.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 00:57   #922
USP_45

Hello!

My name is Jason and just started playing again since a 2 year break, hope to get some new stuff with my shiny new AV status!
USP_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 19:53   #923
Jordo

Name is Jordon, 21, From Hamilton Ontario. Just getting into the sport with a few buddies. Bought my first gun a few days ago and itching to play.
Jordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 00:44   #924
Keith@Flag

Hi, my name is Keith and I work at Flagswipe. I'm relatively new to Airsoft but trying to learn as fast as I can lol. Hoping to spread the word about Flagswipe's Airsoft Community. You can email me at shop@flagswipepaintball.com or come by and check out our selection in the shop and our killer field.
We're really looking to step up our game so any suggestions/feedback gladly accepted.

Cheers!
Keith@Flag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 20:12   #925
AirsoftChewy

Hello

Posted my intro in the general forum. Sorry 'bout that! New to the game, looking for experienced people NOT associated with retail outlets for the best advice possible
AirsoftChewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:28   #926
Bainezn45

New here

Hello everyone. My names Ryan just getting into airsoft. I have been an avid paintballer for about 5 years lOoking to see what this is all about. I am part of a few buddies who play together a lot we are all around 30 and are positive players. There seems to be alOt more to airsoft than paintball so any advice would be muchly appriciated. We are in Saskatoon and looking for others around here to play with.
Bainezn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 14:33   #927
Andre_1999

Hey,

I'm 12 year old kid, I love airsoft, I'm waiting until I raise up my money to play... I know you guys might be very pissed because i'm just a regular 12 year old... I truly understand that.

I know a couple of things but not alot, I research airsoft for half of my day Its pretty fun and when I grow up I want to be a part of the Canadian forces as a NCM Weapon Tech.
Andre_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 22:55   #928
Bois Brule

Hello.
Name's Rod.
I'm 39 years old.
I grew up around firearms, got my first Red Ryder when I was 9 (you'll shoot your eye out, kid!) and the year after, I got an Anschutz .22 long rifle.
Spent my summers playing cops and robbers in the woods behind my house.. Somehow I was always a robber, never a cop.

I like what I like... Longboards, motorcycles (wrenching,rebuilding and riding), slingshots (handmade hand cannons is a better term), pellet guns, drawing, playing my banjo, Xbox junkie... And I make no excuses for any of it.

Airsoft appeals to me a great deal, and I am eager to become part of the community. I'm competitive, but only in a fun way. Fun always matters more than winning to me.

I'm eager to learn as much as possible, and look forward to getting out and meeting some of you. I will have a billion questions.

Pleased to be here.
Bois Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 15:59   #929
Spookums

Hey everyone at ASC! Name's Jamie, 24 years old living in St Catharines, ON. Just started airsofting this year and even the girlfriend is interested in it so we sometimes play on the fields together.

Currently I play at DMZ's field on their Monday games, haven't gone to a "Milsim Saturday" yet, not sure how that would be run in comparison.. <.<

Anyway, currently running a G&G CM16-L (Raider), DE 56DL shotgun and WG 4" C02 revolver, been pretty happy with the performance of everything.

I hope to get to know some people here on the forum better and will try to get active on here. I tend to be a quiet guy on forums and often lurk.. ^_^""
<a href=https://www.facebook.com/OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut target=_blank>Juggernaut Community Page on Facebook</a>, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTOqCk_-cnuorNFYtEsX6w target=_blank>On Youtube @ OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut</a>
Spookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:43   #930
AirsoftChewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bois Brule View Post
Hello.
Name's Rod.
I'm 39 years old.
I grew up around firearms, got my first Red Ryder when I was 9 (you'll shoot your eye out, kid!) and the year after, I got an Anschutz .22 long rifle.
Spent my summers playing cops and robbers in the woods behind my house.. Somehow I was always a robber, never a cop.

I like what I like... Longboards, motorcycles (wrenching,rebuilding and riding), slingshots (handmade hand cannons is a better term), pellet guns, drawing, playing my banjo, Xbox junkie... And I make no excuses for any of it.

Airsoft appeals to me a great deal, and I am eager to become part of the community. I'm competitive, but only in a fun way. Fun always matters more than winning to me.

I'm eager to learn as much as possible, and look forward to getting out and meeting some of you. I will have a billion questions.

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to the chaos Rod!

I'm 39 years young as well so it's nice to know I'm not the only one still young at heart around here

I've been running the gamut as far as what's what with the equipment and the best places to buy, been researching for months already but only playing for 2 weeks.

Drop me a PM if you need some quick answers. Also, age verification appears to be important, you could be 16 after all *snickers* - so, find out where in your area they do that and contact the rep asap.

Mike.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank