Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian loadout *56K beware*

:

Canadian

Old August 3rd, 2009, 20:48   #781
Loathing

Was on my SQ course in meaford, this was last year in May/June. All of our instructors were either weapon's tech, dragoons or infantry - but yup, play the game and all.

Currently waiting for the other half of my QL3.

Still.

Goddammit.
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 21:26   #782
Loathing

Yup.

Are we the only poor bastards that have a QL3 course split in two?
Old August 3rd, 2009, 21:35   #783
Loathing

Six months of POET would probably make me go insane, well, even more so. Been waiting for a year and a couple months right now for my second phase, been in for over three years though overall.

Fun times!
Old August 3rd, 2009, 21:43   #784
Loathing

It's pretty bullshit, because we (as no hooks) have lowest priority for our clearence.

Let's say your an officer - maybe a month to get your clearance?

Civvy - a couple weeks?

Us - Well, when the guy's in Ottawa get back from break, they might take a look at the stack of folders they have on their desks.

There's a couple of people I know that did their phase one course before me, and still are waiting for their phase 2 - so close to a year and a half now.

When I worked with HMCS Ontario/HMCS Cataraqui, there was a guy there who has been waiting for over two years, but it's mainly because he's a complete shitpump.

Me and a buddy of mine keep making jokes how were going to get our CD's while still waiting for our phase two. Well, I've only got nine year's to go!

On topic edit:

Gave wearing the flak vest another shot last game I was at. No go. No matter how loose you wear it, it's just too damn hot. If it wasn't so bloody humid all the time it wouldn't be that bad, but otherwise I'm just going to stick to the tac vest alone. Maybe try the flak vest again later in the season when the temperature is lower.

Last edited by Loathing; August 3rd, 2009 at 21:47..
Old August 6th, 2009, 00:40   #785
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Okay, let's see here. As a cadet, I naturally started off with a nice set of 82 webbing. For walking around, it was alright, but when I started doing higher intensity activities, I started to resent the webbing for being uncomfortable, never being perfectly weight balanced, either too much load was on the shoulders or too much on the hips. Then there was that goddamned buttpack bouncing all over the place. So I then found out that I could use a tacvest. Obviously CADPAT is out, so this is what I have.

So far, it's a lot more comfortable, but I think I might use the old 82 belt and zap strap it to the d-rings for more stability. What's the point of the D-Rings on the vest? Old kit compatibility?

My unit's pretty lenient with second line setup, so I modded away:

-Moved rank slipon to lower centre of vest, similar to MP Ballistic Vest
-Added radio pouch (That I ended up ditching.) Had a nametag from my dress uniform that was improperly made, so it ended up on the pouch. (It's gone too.)
-Used parts of bayonet scabbard to create a new retaining strap for the larger flashlight.

And my favorite unintentional mod:

I obtained a hydration carrier for a trip from MEC that had a few straps that reminded me of the small pack. When I got home I found out that all three horizontal straps interfaced with the tacvest. No zap strapping required. Now I just have to figure out how to camouflage the drinking tube.

In retrospect, a MOLLE based rig or something would be better. But that's overkill for a cadet. Heck, even what I have now I consider overkill.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; August 6th, 2009 at 14:36..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:41   #786
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Not too bad, but I would kill to use webbing over the tacvest anyday...

But that's just me

Oh, and the D-rings at the bottom of the vest are for things like gas bags.
Old August 6th, 2009, 18:44   #787
sarosh

hey, so im new to airsoft and started reading this threat and stuff and ive got some cadpat gear, just not a vest yet. i want a cadpat vest, not a crazy one with tons of pouches just some to fit my mp5 mags and some other stuff..does anyone know were i can get a good one that doesnt cost mad money? thanks.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 19:53   #788
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarosh View Post
hey, so im new to airsoft and started reading this threat and stuff and ive got some cadpat gear, just not a vest yet. i want a cadpat vest, not a crazy one with tons of pouches just some to fit my mp5 mags and some other stuff..does anyone know were i can get a good one that doesnt cost mad money? thanks.
Umm...start with something olive drab maybe? I'd push you towards MOLLE, but CADPAT MOLLE is usually gonna cost you an arm and a leg to get a full rig.
Old August 6th, 2009, 21:43   #789
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

+1 to OD molle vest. You can buy cadpat pouches to add on it and it will look real good. Later, if you wish to stray away from cadpat, you still have the OD base to match with everything.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 00:49   #790
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I'd really suggest a MOLLE rig in Olive Drab or Coyote Brown. I've heard that Pantac makes good stuff, but I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will know.

Personally? First thing that's relatively cheap that comes to mind is 82 webbing. Not exactly a vest, or new by any means, but it's been in the CF a while until being phased out, has some modularity with a lot of pouches available for cheap, including SMG pouches.
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:21   #791
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Don't forget Mike, it's all about the LCF
Old August 8th, 2009, 13:19   #792
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Don't forget Mike, it's all about the LCF
wait a minute you mean a belt with canteen cover isnt all 1337 n stuf? lol

Last edited by Bowers; August 8th, 2009 at 13:49..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 14:29   #793
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Not when the canteen is from 1962... though I reckon it's more of a health hazard than not.

So yeah, it is partly about the LCF, though it allows me to separate what I need for the next few hours from my clothes and whatnot stored in my pack wherever I'm staying. The vest also pulls triple duty, used outside of cadets for airsoft and paintball, and works decently so far.

The mag pouches annoy me to no extent though. For most things besides carrying mags, they're great. But for mags... I've had to resort to keeping them unbuckled and using the buckle as a handle of sorts to open the pouch, before getting to the issue of pulling the mags out. I always wonder why the quick access webbing strip in the 82 webbing (You know, pull the strap and the mag comes out) didn't make it over to the tacvest...
Old August 10th, 2009, 19:08   #794
Maverick383

These Bloody Kneepads!!!

Hey everyone

I just got a few more items to finish off my cadpat kit and ill have to take some pictures to post them, but here is a quick question for everyone that has used knee pads and run into problems with them...

When i am wearing my BDU's and my knee pads for airsoft/paintball as soon as i run from cover to cover or even walking for a little my knee pads always find there way to my ankles. So during games i am ALWAYS pulling them up constantly until it drives me nuts and i toss them back in the truck... They are sooo nice to have for kneeling on that hard ground covered in rocks but they are just too much trouble...

Does anyone have a way to keep these guys from falling down so much, i figured the CF guys would have some neat trick to share

Thanks in advance!
Maverick383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 19:29   #795
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

The top strap should be fastened loose and the bottom one tighter. That way, they won't hurt the back of your knee and should stay in position pretty well.

I use the old school Hatch kneepads, and I rarely have to reposition them. I do a lot of running and crawling, they stay in place quite effectively.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne

Last edited by FOX_111; August 10th, 2009 at 21:14..
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian