Hi-Capa 4.3 : Creation Outer Barrel Compatibility with PGC slide

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 14th, 2009, 16:12   #61
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I know, but if you watch the action of the cycle, as you pull the slide back, the outer barrel will retract from the compensator that is mounted to the inner barrel.

For all intents and purposes, the inner barrel is actually "fixed" to the midframe and never moves.

As the slide moves forward, when it gets to the point where it needs to start pushing the outer barrel forward, the compensator won't be there. It'll be floating about 5mm in front of the slide. Even if the slide were able to slam against the compensator, all it would end up doing is pulling the inner barrel, and again, the inner barrel isn't connected to the outer barrel. The outer barrel is free moving, and the problem right now is that the outer barrel isn't moving forward anymore. It needs a way to be pulled or pushed back forward. That's why an outer barrel mounted compensator (or ring) would work.

Ohhhhh! Now I get it. Need more physics in the brain.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 12:01   #62
jaoquinz

Tried the freeze-heat fit or shrink-fit with a smaller ring. Can't seem to fit the ring over the barrel.. anyone got a link to a how-to for shrink-fitting silver over alumnium?
jaoquinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 13:24   #63
jaoquinz

Update: I bought a 14mm to 14mm adaptor for an MP5K and rethreaded one end of it to fit the Creation 12mm threads outer barrel. It screwed in perfectly. Now I need to fin a PDI 14mm compensator. But all the retailers here in HK are out of those... are these discontinued? As usual nobody in the shops know anything.
Old February 8th, 2009, 23:28   #64
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I have a couple for sale... I got them from Den Trinity... Also try Tokyo Model, they just got some new ones in stock.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:07   #65
jaoquinz

TMC is out of stock like their stores. Illusion how much is shipping back to HK haha..
Old February 10th, 2009, 02:41   #66
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaoquinz View Post
TMC is out of stock like their stores. Illusion how much is shipping back to HK haha..
LOL, wow, lucky compensator gets to travel back home now.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 05:42   #67
bunta510

got a quick question. do the newer produced AS slides for hi capa slides work with SD/Nine ball barrels?
bunta510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 17:59   #68
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Define "newer produced".

100% of all Airsoft Surgeon slides that I've tested in the past several months (dating back to september) have failed catastrophically within 5 magazines of shooting, using all brands of metal barrels. A total of 5 slides were tested, and all were damaged to the point of no more use. I've used Tanio Koba, Creation, Shooters Design and even barrels made by the same factory that manufactures the slides (not Airsoft Surgeon.)

Even Clarence Lai has admitted that they will only work with the stock plastic outer barrels/chambers. Metal chambers will bash up the lug on the slide that pushes the outer barrel forward.

I've sent the slides back to Clarence Lai and I'm awaiting an exchange - he's promised me that they will rebuild these to new specifications that I have requested, so they'll probably come back to me with the new developments that I've already begun adding to the slides. They include a third lug as well as a thicker version of the lug that always gets destroyed.

My machine shop has recently developed a new advanced steel outer barrel compatible with all versions of the Airsoft Surgeon / Creation / Davidson Customs / ILLusion Kinetics slides that will prevent the damage and will even allow the slide to work if it's ALREADY damaged.
Old March 26th, 2009, 00:04   #69
lokisama

Quote:
My machine shop has recently developed a new advanced steel outer barrel compatible with all versions of the Airsoft Surgeon / Creation / Davidson Customs / ILLusion Kinetics slides that will prevent the damage and will even allow the slide to work if it's ALREADY damaged.
Is it based on the WA SCW barrel system?
Great news. I might give TM hicapa based guns another go when you release the new barrel.
KSC USP Match
Kimber Warrior [Nova FMU kit]
Kimber Gold Combat Stainless [Nova FMU kit]

lokisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:14   #70
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisama View Post
Is it based on the WA SCW barrel system?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisama View Post
Great news. I might give TM hicapa based guns another go when you release the new barrel.
I'm waiting for an order to arrive - so in essence, it is already released.

If you have any special requests for chamber engravings or any special treatments (gold oxidation?) then they can also be preordered.

PS - where you been? You haven't come out to any more CAPS events!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:59   #71
lokisama

Busy with classes, I'll start coming again once the summer starts.
Even got a couple aegs to test out. w00t
KSC USP Match
Kimber Warrior [Nova FMU kit]
Kimber Gold Combat Stainless [Nova FMU kit]

lokisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:08   #72
Tuthmose

My apologies ahead of time for what is the mother of all necro-posts, but my question was heavily tied to this thread's topic . . .

Are the newer (as in, I got one two weeks ago) ProG4 slides reinforced to prevent this kind of damage when using a metal chamber? I do see a beefy-thick vertical lug on the slide wall opposite the ejection port, which doesn't appear to be present on Illusion's labeled image on the first page of this thread. Does that mean it's the new-and-improved version?

I have a Tanio-Koba outer barrel I was planning on using with the ProG4 slide, but I surely don't want to drop that in there if it's gonna wreck my slide in three or four mags!

Any input would be appreciate. If needed, I can take a pic of the new slide's insides when I get home this evening.

Thanks in advance,
Tuthmose

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Attack Everything" - Lanoe Hawker, WWI Ace
Tuthmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:50   #73
RacingManiac

If its a beefy lug, then its been improved...the original one was very thin, and offered little resistance to stainless steel barrel...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 16:39   #74
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Yes, new ProG4 slides are reinforced where the lug strikes the chamber.
Old January 7th, 2010, 20:17   #75
Tuthmose

Thank you both very much, gentlemen! I shall now commence assemblin' and tunin' . . .

I'm also assuming that, since the T-K chamber is aluminum, the danger of impact damage is minimized anyway? Any other pointers of which I should be aware to avoid damaging my expensive new bits?

-Tuthmose

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Attack Everything" - Lanoe Hawker, WWI Ace
Tuthmose is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner