:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 15th, 2007, 19:34   #31
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSIGHT View Post
Actually it's second to the Star lol. The body on the G&G is very ABS like and creaky, compared to the Star shell wich is rock solid. Also the Star has the dummy rounds showing through the side of the mag. Internally The Star has a V3 mecbox, but I don't know whats in the G&G.For the overall feel & look the Star has the G&G beat(IMO)
the G&G UMG uses v3 mechbox as well. and about it feeling plasticy and creaky?.. not mine, maybe you had an earlier version. its that most solid AEG i own and have used.
it has a full diecast alluminium breach that holds the barral on solid, and it has a real ID number pressed into the breach, unlike the STAR's plastic sticker.
so the STAR version has the nice mags that show dumy rounds, so what, the G&G UMG has a working cocking handle that if fully functional along with the boltplate/dust cover, which lock back via a bolt catch.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 19:35   #32
Gryphon

I don't mean to be a killjoy here, but there's been PAGES of discussion about these on ClassicAirsoft.net and the general consensus is they will be collector's items, nothing more.

One guy who not only lives in Japan but works there making gas-powered airsoft guns, gave this opinion:

Quote:
LIke I said...no one expected JAC to fall..leaving thousands of loyal buyers to twist in the wind.

kobayashi is an old man. He has stated this gun is his last hoorah. His son, although involved with the business, is NOT the old man himself. He does not have the experience of training required to fully follow his father. When Kobayashi retires, and things goes south...where ya gonna get mags? Or those nifty springs?

ALSO...this gun is more akin to the TM shell ejectors than a true gamers piece. He has stated his primary market are model customers and collectors. I don't expect a lot of things from this gun. I expect a lot of problems with leaking mag joints, poor bolt to mag seals, broken mag catches, broken magazines, damaged mag catch holes, etc.
It's a sad fact you cannot get anywhere near the blowback you can with a constant-air fed rifle. It may look cool to have gas in the mag, but you know what? I can deal with the 6mm hose coming out of my pistol grip to have as much recoil as a real C7 in my Sun Project M16. Anyone I've let shoot it says immediately they would live with the external tank and hose to have recoil and noise like that.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 20:04   #33
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Yea, that's a totally unbiased opinion from SniperX...

People just need to sit tight and wait until this thing comes out. Don't get your hopes up but don't dismiss the fucking thing either. Sheesh...

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion