Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Bang for Buck Sniper Rifle?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 6th, 2013, 15:37   #31
Acid44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
And also due to bad tolerences even if all the parts fit fine there will be some shifting and such of parts. My first bolt action was a tsd sd700 (vsr10) i filled it with laylax parts. Yes it was a good rifle but the tm i have the parts in now is more consistant due to tighter fitting of everything barrel to reciver reciver to stock mostly. No creaking or shifting of any kind. Went from hiting same target 5 of 10 to 8 of 10 times. Big deal when you often only have one chance to take the shot.

As for scope. Dont buy a 7 doller scope lmao. The scope that came with my tsd worked yes but had to be re zeroed at every game. Or every time i bumped the rifle. Pain in the ass. Spend 1 or 200 bucks on a good bushnell scope and 30 bucks on good scope rings.
Tolerances shouldn't be too hard to compensate for with some spacers or whatever, unless it's a totally horrid model, then you'd want to spend more. And yeh, a $7 scope won't be great, but 1-200 (+20-30 for rings) on a scope in a $300 budget is a bit much. I'd rather have a shit scope with a bit more to spend on other things, than a stock gun with a bit better scope
Old June 6th, 2013, 17:44   #32
OM3GA

IMHO a $300 budget is way to low if you want an good bolt action rifle. If it was an aeg you wouldn't have to worry about optics, and performance upgrades out of the gate but for a BA these are a necessity (or they are if you want to have a rifle worth using).

If you want to fill a marksman or recon role more power to you, but you should wait and bump up your budget. One of the best and cheap rifles to start with is a jg bar 10. Compared to the other acm vsr 10 clones it usually has close tolerances to a TM so it will take upgrades with minimal* work. As for a good scope and rings you want something that will hold a zero and be durable. A good choice is Bushnell like hectic mentioned, another good choice is Redfield. If those are too pricey Sightmark is alright. Don't buy Chinese airsoft rings either, you can get real rings cheap from most places that sell optics.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion