Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui AUG A3... I didn't get the memo! D:

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 13th, 2011, 18:13   #31
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I always called the AUG the Austrians Ugly Gun... but that takes it to a whole new level...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 18:19   #32
Off-Kilter
formerly Adam M

I actually don't mind the looks of it, I just want TM to release a full size AUG A3, maybe it's not too far off. When do we expect this to show up in retailers hands here?
Off-Kilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 18:33   #33
IRONSIGHT

I'll wait for when they come out with this-

Or the US version made by Sabre-

If the upper rail on the TM one had the same slant on the front as it does on the back, I could live with it. Hate the grip rail though.
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 18:52   #34
IRONSIGHT

I modded the lower pic , the front of the upper rail and the grip rail wich now looks more like the real steele version. I think it looks ok now other than the shitty sights. Looks more like the US A3 now.

I wonder if the rail is solid at the front and could possibly be machined this way?

Old August 13th, 2011, 20:02   #35
ArcticFox1984

The grip portion looks much better... the compact version is supposed to have the flat end though, the slant is for a front sling mount the compact model doesn't come with.

After looking into this a little more, turns out this isn't an actual A3.
Steyr-Manlicher sells a complete upper for updating older A1/A2's that come in standard and compact varieties... the latter being what TM modeled after.
The A3's lower receiver/stock portions have some features this thing is missing, such the side magazine release which should be just below the ejection port.

So this thing would be a A2 action with A3 conversion upper in 12.5".

Deal killer for me... if I go back to an austrian ugly gun it's gotta have the improved mag release, I love AUG's but their's might be the worst mag release ever made.

Have you seen the irons that came with the Marui A2? Those were the worst TM product I've ever seen lol.

Last edited by ArcticFox1984; August 13th, 2011 at 20:17..
ArcticFox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 22:49   #36
IRONSIGHT

If your talking about the lever on the left side of the stock, just below the ejection port cover, it's not a mag release, it's a bolt release as the A3 stays' open after the last round-like an M4. Sorry to burst your bubble- your stuck with the original.lol. It really sucks that all the airsoft companies that make AUGs have been lazy and only made the A1. I know everyone calls the railed one an A2 but it's not, it's just an A1 SRR. I wish they would make a proper A2 as the top half of the upper receiver can be swapped out for the A1 style scope, SRR or the A3. Or better yet, I'd like to see an Aussie F88 railed.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:33   #37
Short Round
Najohn

I might be the only one on this wagon but I love the look of this gun.

For one its not your standard ak or ar everyone has, and it is definitely a better alternative for a AUG in CQB scenarios.

Only compliant is that I would have rather seen tm make this as apart of their regular product line, not the high cycle.
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:45   #38
ArcticFox1984

Pop.

But I'm pretty damn sure I saw an A3 with a push button mag release on the side.

Mabey it was the Saber Defence model that accepts STANAG magazines... to bad I think they went bankrupt and got liquidated lol.
ArcticFox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:51   #39
IRONSIGHT

The STANAG models were also made by Steyr as well and thats probably what you saw but they are a little ugly compared to the standard stock. I didn't here anything about Sabre going under but that sucks if they did. I never had a problem with the mag release although I must admit an M4 type would be a little easier to use. I wish someone would release a GBBR AUG. Now that would be the shit. I am also not to keen on the high cycle mod on the gun. Personally if I want my gun to spin that fast, I'll just use an 11.1 lipo. I think it uses proprietary mags as well. I still may pick one up as long as it takes a standard V3 mechbox will function with regular AUG mags.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:58   #40
Jimski

yeah, GGBR AUG would rock.
the thing with the A3 is that the rail is very low thus difficult to cheek with goggles.
really the A1 version is so perfect, especially for airsoft (no real need for a stronger scope, iron sights present on top of the 1.5X ), it would have required only a stronger front grip, short barrel and the side rail.

the high rof for CQB is just plain stupid considering ho hard the trigger is.
Old August 14th, 2011, 14:19   #41
IRONSIGHT

The A1 scope is at a decent height but a little hard to line up super fast. As for the front grip I'm hoping to find someone state side that would be willing to ship me the RS version.
Old August 14th, 2011, 14:46   #42
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

This is one of the UGLIEST non custom guns I've ever seen, it's worse than any berretta rifle ever. And I LOVE the AUG
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 19:57   #43
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
This is one of the UGLIEST non custom guns I've ever seen
Ah!

Quote:
, it's worse than any berretta rifle ever
urghhhh lol

Quote:
. And I LOVE the AUG
AHH
Old August 14th, 2011, 20:14   #44
beanie

I always thought Tokyo Marui was illegal in Canada? Have things changed?
beanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 20:19   #45
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
I always thought Tokyo Marui was illegal in Canada? Have things changed?
*sigh*

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion