VFC SCAR-L Hopup

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 20th, 2010, 15:42   #31
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I put a copy of the AAC can on mine but couldn't find a tac grip I liked. There are some pics in the SCAR media thread.
Ah cool. Are all suppressors roughly the same or are the more expensive ones really worth the money? Which would you guys recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 23:00   #32
Danke

The more expensive ones are usually worth it. They look better, will have a quick disconnect/attach & may include a flash hider, and will usually be packed with material.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:40   #33
GBear

@m102404 I was wondering, is it better to have slide the inner barrel with the sleeve on up the outer barrel or take off the entire hop-up unit, put the inner barrel and sleeve in, and reattach? I do not really know if I should take off the hop-up. It looks to have a lot of springs everything. When I take it off, the springs would probably fly everywhere.

Quote:
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:50   #34
Danke

You'll have to detach the hopup from the inner barrel. That's a very tight fit and you'd never get it in the right spot trying to work it through the outer.

Wind the hopup off so the arm sits as high as it goes and pop the C-clip from the inner. When you pull the inner and rubber out the only other thing that may come free is the nub so hold it upside down to reduce the chance.

Getting the new rubber and barrel back in will take patience and gentle steady pressure. When you have things apart you'll see the notch in the barrel the nub presses on, that has to match with the nub and arm when it's all back together.

When it's all back in snap the C-clip back onto the barrel and look through from the feed end and double check that when you adjust the hop you can see the nub pushing the rubber down.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:10   #35
m102404
Tys

When you put the c-clip back on the barrel...squeeze it gently/firmly on its sides while you press it over the barrel. Press it on evenly, not one side, then the other. You'll risk breaking the clip if you overstress it. Some are oversized and go on easy...others are very, very tight. Depends on tolerances and materials used.

Same with taking it off...don't just pry one end off, you'll risk breaking it. Edge both sides off evenly.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:22   #36
GBear

Okay thanks.

Quote:

Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:34   #37
Danke

As an aside for anyone reading this it is great to have some extra parts on hand for these changes so when the c-clip shoots across the room or the nub falls into the carpet you're not beached with a gun in pieces.
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:21   #38
GBear

Okay. So I've put in my sleeve and reassembled my gun. Well, I was shooting it last night to test it out but for some reason, it was jamming a LOT. It jammed to the point where when I pull the trigger, nothing happens. I can't hear the motor revving. All I hear is a clicking sound every time the trigger is pulled. Even when I take out the mag and a crapload of BBs fall out, it is still jammed. I am thinking the sleeve might be blocking some BBs and everything is jammed up in the chamber but I am not sure.

Quote:

Old April 27th, 2010, 12:13   #39
Danke

OK so take out the battery, crack it open, pull apart the upper and lower receivers.

Pull the inner barrel and then hold it against the lower so you mate up the 2-piece hopup.

Put in a loaded mag and see what things are looking like, does a BB sit right up against the rubber?
Old April 27th, 2010, 17:56   #40
GBear

Hm, well, there's a little tube that blocks any of the BBs from coming up into the hopup. When I feed a BB down through the barrel, it is within the rubber sleeve. And I can imagine from looking at it when the little tube is moved back after a shot, when the BB comes up, it will be up right before the rubber.

Quote:

Old April 27th, 2010, 18:36   #41
GBear

Hm, the lips of the sleeve look a little pinched and I can't see to get rid of it.

I thought I fixed it but when I put a BB on the hopup, the lips block it from going into the inner barrel. With slight pressure, it goes in. Still a bad thing?

Quote:

Last edited by GBear; April 27th, 2010 at 18:49..
Old April 27th, 2010, 23:18   #42
Danke

Sounds like the barrel/rubber is pushed to far into the chamber. Try undoing the C-clip and pullig the works forward.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner