Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

tokyo marui famas f1 help

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 13th, 2007, 20:45   #31
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox132 View Post
not sure of any one who knows how to manage a version one gear box :P i was thinking of finding some tutorials on how to upgrade a v1 but if i cant find any ill have to find someone :P
Simply put, if you want to do anything beyond a 120% spring (330-ish fps) don't get a FAMAS. It's not really an upgradeable gun.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 20:47   #32
GreyFox132

Send a message via MSN to GreyFox132
well 330 fps is fine for me for a starting gun id say, and do v2/v3 gears fit into a v1 gear box or no?
GreyFox132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 18:29   #33
GreyFox132

also could any one with a tm famas tell me how well it performs in a game?
Old August 14th, 2007, 18:53   #34
Squash Attack

I owned a SV version for a while and it was exteremly consistant at about 275 fps, I also modded on a rail to the bottom of the battery case to carry a M203 and then later a flash light. All you need is a couple of small screws and nuts from a hardware store and a VSR-10 scope mount, just drill a couple of holes in it and through the battery case and presto you've got a nice little acessory mounting pad, also use a M16 carry handle mount and drill a hoe in the top of the handle and you can have a scope or RDS as well. The gun is un-upgradable as the piston is unique to the gun and cannot be removed from the spring so sorry man, your stuck with a stock gun, as well the motor cannot be changed without some serious mods to the gearbox and it is an old motor (EG 650/550) :rrr: But the gun performs very well both indoor and outdoor but as it cannot be upgraded there is a slight disadvantage when playing outdoors. My advice to you greyfox, it is not the best choice for a starter gun as it is difficult to fix and even harder to get accessories, get somthing alot more upgradable before going to somthing like a FAMAS
Old August 14th, 2007, 19:26   #35
GreyFox132

are you sure you cant upgrade the spring? because many people on here have upgraded theres
Old August 14th, 2007, 22:19   #36
Duilin

Quote:
hmmm alright, just one more question, what kind of mods can be fitted onto the famas, like silencers and scopes and stuff
i have a vertical grip on mine, and i removed my bipod for additional rails in its place. i can send you pics of it, PM me if you want to see, internals are pretty much stock. worst part about the FAMAS, is Low Caps are expensive if bought brand new, getting them used is the way to go
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:00   #37
GreyFox132

i can get 3 high caps for 69 dollars :P ill pm you in a few mins
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:44   #38
markedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squash Attack View Post
The gun is un-upgradable as the piston is unique to the gun and cannot be removed from the spring so sorry man, your stuck with a stock gun, but as it cannot be upgraded there is a slight disadvantage when playing outdoors.
LIES ALL LIES!!!!!!! But I did like the grenade launcher
You can remove the spring from the piston on TM guns. You just gotta know how. Ken (007) showed me one day. It took him about 30 seconds and with his bare hands yet. You can put ANY size spring in you want. The motor probably won't turn it but if it does you'll get one heck of a shot before the plastic bushings deform from the strain and throws the gears out of alignment and chews them up.
The first thing you should do is put in Metal bushings. If you can find the V1 that is. You can put in V2 Bushings but the holes in the V1 shell are slightly smaller so you'll probably need to line ream the holes.
What everyone has been saying about springs is right. something between 330 - 360 fps anything higher and the motor starts to work pretty hard
markedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 15:29   #39
Duilin

Quote:
i can get 3 high caps for 69 dollars :P ill pm you in a few mins
which is the price of one low cap. most players use low caps to keep the Milsim feel of airsoft
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 17:06   #40
GreyFox132

i can get a low cap for 14 dollars :P
Old August 15th, 2007, 20:01   #41
kalnaren

GreyFox, the MAS is a fun gun, but definetly not a starter gun. It's old, hard to upgrade, doesn't have a lot of options, etc etc. It's a great platform for a secondary though, but for a starter you should probably go for something with a v2 or v3 gearbox.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old August 15th, 2007, 20:28   #42
GreyFox132

ehh if it needs fixing ill figure it out , i like taking things apart and putting them back together. I've found a few sites WGC and Uncompany, they both have a fair bit of the parts i would need if the famas would break. The only real thing i will be doing to the gun is adding a silencer which has an adaptor for the famas. If i do need help however, google or the good people on this site should be able to give me the info i need
Old August 15th, 2007, 20:36   #43
kalnaren

Quote:
ehh if it needs fixing ill figure it out , i like taking things apart and putting them back together. I've found a few sites WGC and Uncompany, they both have a fair bit of the parts i would need if the famas would break. The only real thing i will be doing to the gun is adding a silencer which has an adaptor for the famas. If i do need help however, google or the good people on this site should be able to give me the info i need
Just a question... if you were already 100% dead set on the FA-MAS, what exactly were you asking us? We've told you it's strengths and weaknesses, for which it has many for a new player, and you keep shooting them down...

Quote:

Last edited by kalnaren; August 15th, 2007 at 20:38..
Old August 15th, 2007, 20:43   #44
GreyFox132

trying to find info which i didn't not know about it. and sorry for shooting you down, i just like the famas,

Last edited by GreyFox132; August 15th, 2007 at 20:46..
Old August 15th, 2007, 20:51   #45
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Yeah know I heard somewhere that you can use regular m16/m4 mags if you mod the guns magwell or the mag itself, its hazy I dont remeber exact details.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion