Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

air nozzle

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 12th, 2007, 12:47   #16
Dark-Angel

i didnt read every thing, i stoped when he said the paintball was hit by the bolt. Doesnt realy work like that, i owned a viking and the way it works is not mather if its a open bolt or closed bolt, the process stays relatively the same, when the bolt catchs the paintball by suction for closed bolts. After that both the system pushes the paintball untill it far enough to have a seal "because when the paintball fall into the chamber its a huge hole :P". After its passed this point it pushes air on to the paintball to propell it out of the paintball marker. The diffrence btw closed and open bolt is just that on when the marker is ready to be fired, the closed bolt has the paintball ready in the chamber to be fired "in a closed position where it is airsealed tight" while the open bolt has the paintball siting on the bolt still in the open position where the paintball fall into marker where it is not airsealed tight yet.
Dark-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:54   #17
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
i think he's confused about what the "bolt" really does.
if you take it out and look at it, it'll have a set(or sets) of Orings and some holes the lead to the "bolt" face.
when you cock the bolt back a paintball drops down from the hopper (the big bull testical shaped thing that blocks your view)into the barrel.
when the trigger is pulled the "bolt" is released and moves forward.
the "bolt" now does two things. one, it pushes the paintball forward and seals the now loaded barrel from the hopper feed tube. two, iat the end of its movement it strikes a valve that releases the gas which is ported through the "bolt" up and into the barrel directly behind the paintball, propelling it forward and towards some sorry bloke's face.
so, to reinforce what eveyone has already said, no, the bolt is not what lauches the paintball forward, and no that would never work for airsoft.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 13:07   #18
The Saint

When I was younger, I used to have a unknown brand Beretta springer that worked on the striker method. It didn't work well at all, being the weakest springer I owned and the striking pin was the first thing to go.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion