Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cutting a spring advice

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 22nd, 2016, 17:57   #16
Zeroroaster

Same here, freshblake. About 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of compression. Since I R-hopped the barrel and started using a CNC machined hop up chamber, I need less spring than ever to get to my target fps as well as keeping a nice tight consistency. Pretty much the only variable now is the ammo...
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 09:33   #17
FUBAR_444

Thanks guys,

I'll do both

Cut the spring and see how it turns out and buy the correct spring in case I fail. I found a really good video on youtube which details how to cut, heat and compress it.
FUBAR_444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:37   #18
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroroaster View Post
In my case, Hectic, it was to remain well within the limits of our 500fps field limit for bolt guns. Regardless of temperature, hop settings, etc, I can rest assured that the gun will pass chrono. Last year I was really close to the 500 mark and one day when conditions were just right I chrono'd 502 on one shot and the gun was disqualified.

You're right, not much difference in performance between 480 and 500 so, better safe than on the bench...it passes every time now.
That's a little out there. Most fields understand the fact that there are variances and usually allow a buffer of 5 fps or so. I personally wouldn't go to a field where if my gun shoots 498-502 and that's too hot lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 14:55   #19
Zeroroaster

Yeah, I think there may have been a personal agenda there. Certain factions don't like it when the riff raff (that'd be me..non member, etc) shows up with a nice solid gun built in the basement and schools their TM that they spent wads on. They made the rule stick hard. So, this year, I r hopped it, tightened up the accuracy more, and dropped the fps by 20. It passes every single time and although certain factions are still unhappy, there's no reason for keeping the gun off the field and rules of fair play are followed. hehehehe

Oh, and Fubar, let us know how it turns out...k?

Last edited by Zeroroaster; June 23rd, 2016 at 14:57..
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank