Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finally have Money, not sure what to get.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 11th, 2013, 14:30   #16
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Once you get the gun you can measure to see what inner lenght you can use.
The 8inch outter has a 220mm the 10inch has a 280mm but with alot of guns you can often fit a slightly longer one (or go even longer with a silencer to hide it or an extension to hid it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 14:56   #17
AlexBisnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
You cant mix the w hold with a bridge or flat type hop.
In order to use either a bridge or flat type you need a rubber that has no hump/bump inside aka a smooth rubber.
If you get the baton one it come with a smooth rubber and you can then test it as is or swap the flat nub with a bridge nub (i preffer the bridge nub as it centers the bb in the barrel beter then the flat) or you can get the bridge nub and find the prometheus smooth rubber (echigoya has em thats about the only place i found) ive had good results with the promy smooth and promy bridge combo.
If you go w hold then thats all youll need itll have a nub or you can use the stock nub.
The w hold is beter then stock the baton or smooth rubber with bridge is beter then both in my testing.
Ok so il order the baton and try it out with the flat nub. The baton as you said has a smooth rubber, so i could eventually swap the flat nub with the prommy bridge and use that. And then il try it with the bridge and baton combo. THANKS.
AlexBisnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 15:53   #18
TANNER
ChrisUK

Relevant:

Maciek also had a cool battery bag idea that I copied:

I have this http://www.airsoftstore.ca/index.php...roducts_id=244 in it.

I also run the PDI W-Hold. Because its awsome.
Old June 11th, 2013, 16:08   #19
AlexBisnett

That stock battery bag is exactly what i was looking for. Such a good idea. I think il pickup both the Baton Ryusoku, and also try the w-hold.
Old June 11th, 2013, 16:17   #20
TANNER
ChrisUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBisnett View Post
That stock battery bag is exactly what i was looking for. Such a good idea. I think il pickup both the Baton Ryusoku, and also try the w-hold.
It's just a standard m4 single pouch in OD that I have paracorded (Maciek used zip ties) to the stock.

This will however require a complete re-wire also to the stock as the gun comes front wired. But this is a good opportunity to add a mosfet.

Also to note stock VFC plastic hop units tend to be on the tight side and may have problems with the PDI hold rubber. I had a G&P metal unit in this PDW.
I do however at the moment have a plastic hop unit in there (stole the metal for another project) and have a PDI rubber lying around that I have been meaning to give a try. So if I end up doing that in the next few days I will report back.
Old June 11th, 2013, 19:31   #21
Trev140_0

Been directly involved with 3 brand new vfc quakes through direct purchase of for friends.

Top notch ride.

Keep your hands off the god damn thing other than holding it and pulling the trigger. This is now 500 bucks.

Same gun was 749, then 699, then 599 and now 499.

Hands down...sweet ride.

So crisp and shoots so quiet.

I suspect the other m4 platforms are the same.

Inside is beefy. Bushings. Tight build. No sloppy bull shit.

Kwa I am firmly against. Witnessed first hand a brand new high end gun blow up followed by the brutal exercise of getting parts.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; June 11th, 2013 at 19:33..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:12   #22
AlexBisnett

Tough decisions im faced with. Id love a manueverable gun like an smg style with good range to be able to play field with. Looking at the Ares g36c, maybe a p90. Ive already got m4 mags and there compatible with the pdw so thats a plus.

I like the ump style, mp5, p90, g36c, mp7, etc etc but the mags are quite expensive. Basically looking for a gun that can perform very well stock preferablly smg style. Not a big fan of the m4 but that might end up being my only option.

Or should i just upgrade my kwa km16br? Ive used the gun and like it but its a little to long for my liking. Would it be a good idea to spend some money on bucking and nub plus a tbb on the kwa? Id like to increase the accuracy a bit and maybe the fps. Is there a possible way i could throw a smaller inner barrel on the m16 and say a magpul moe m4 sized hanguard? Or somehow make it a smaller smg sized gun?

Last edited by AlexBisnett; June 12th, 2013 at 12:17..
Old June 12th, 2013, 14:45   #23
TANNER
ChrisUK

Choices choices.

PDW is a great indoor gun due to the folding stock. Chuck it in a backpack and your good to go.

Outdoor I prefer to use an M4 sized gun. Current being the VFC SR-15 picked mainly because it is super light, I would say very close in weight to the PDW.
Old June 12th, 2013, 15:19   #24
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

stay within your means to pay for the hobby. A p90 is good, and the mags not badly priced, but the problem is pouches aren't as cheap as m4 pouches. G36 pouches are even worse for cost, and the pmags are larger than m4 pmags so they don't really fit nicely into m4 pouches.

the ump uses the same pouches as p90 and the mags are a bit pricey. There's a reason lots of people own several m4s/armalites. The mags are dirt cheap to buy and stow.

Look at the budget for getting oddball guns that use non standard mag sizes. Not just gun, but cost of mags, cost of pouches and gear to carry mags with. Also battery size and shape.

If you have budget to cover oddball mag logistics, my choice would be p90, but I'm sort of biased.

From a maintenance point of view, a v6 is easiest to work on, followed by v3, then v2.
Old June 12th, 2013, 15:32   #25
scubasteve

If you want an AK go with LCT. Ive owned both a LCT AK74 and Real Sword Type 56-1 and would take the LCT any day of the week. Dont get me wrong real sword is amazing as well.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 15:59   #26
AlexBisnett

Why do you prefer the LCT over the RS?
Old June 12th, 2013, 16:39   #27
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Lct is just as nice or nicer then RS run off full TM type internals will take alot of real steel parts with lil to no modding (like handguards and gas tubes n such) and they are about half the price of a RS but just as nice outside and nicer inside IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:47   #28
scubasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBisnett View Post
Why do you prefer the LCT over the RS?
I found the lct had a bit better range and accurency. Also at the time I was on Manitoba Ivan which has a spetsnaz themed load out so naturally a AK74 suited my needs more then a chinese AK47 lol.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:30   #29
AlexBisnett

Ok thanks for all the help, i think il eventually end up grabbing an LCT. But for now i think the smartest thing i should do is just upgrade my kwa km16br. But ive read some stuff about kwas being hard to upgrade? Maybe someone can shed some light on that.

Id atleast like to replace the hopup rubber and nub to try and get some better accuracy and maybe install a tbb.

Would the Baton Ryusoku be suitable for the KWA? I know theres certain rubbers and nubs to use for different fps setups so im not sure.

Or would i just be better off to tryout the pdi W-hold?

Or tryout the Baton Ryusoku with the Prommy bridge hop up?
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:43   #30
AlexBisnett

Would an r-hop work for my gun? And would i have to start using .30s with it? or Would .25s still work? I came across this mod a while ago and might try to make one.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion