Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Diving in with two feet... What next?

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 2nd, 2015, 15:42   #16
WinnipegDragon

I have to assume they are fake. $30, no box, just the black case, with three lenses.

Just noticed they don't have the logo over the bridge of the nose either so that's probably a tip off. When I bought them, I didn't know what the retail price was and just asked for their best eye protection.
WinnipegDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 16:18   #17
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Holy shit...... 5.10 is AWESOME, I have a pair of Impact Lows for my flat pedals and was thinking of getting some climbing shoes from them (got La sportiva instead though). OP: 5.10 rubber is super sticky, it does wear out faster than other soles but you can't beat that price.

Cliffradical, why didn't I know about this 2 weeks ago.... I think I'm going to buy a pair anyways.

Right?

These boots are fucking awesome and they were like $52 to my doorstep. No brokerage or customs fees (because I guess they're covered under NAFTA?).

I tried to hock these to all of my friends but nobody bit. Shuckles for them.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 16:31   #18
L473ncy

Hey Cliff, some people are saying those specific boots fit half a size small others say they fit like you'd expect..... I already placed my order though, is that true? I wear the Impacts in 9.5, I assumed that those boots would fit the same like the rest of their lineup.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 16:41   #19
Cliffradical

Might have to do with their molded insole. My sizing is correct by the 'toe poke' method, but it's kind of ramped at the front so I can understand where people may feel it seems tight (vs a standard flat toe).
It oddly enough feels like they 'toe in' and grip like a climbing shoe because of this, and people who aren't used to purpose-made hikers/ climbers would find this foreign.
The upside is that breaking into a run is instantaneous and I feel like I could climb 10ft of chainlink fence without thinking about it.

I've done plenty of daily stuff and even worked in these, my feet are 100% a-okay, and the boots aren't even broken in yet. YMMV but I'd say they're spot on, if unconventional.

Edit:
Sorry for gushing like a satisfied prom date, but they really are pretty phenomenal. They work like a combat boot but they have that feeling only climbers do where they're like a layer of extra skin that you just forget about.
If they had a version that was CSA compliant I'd wear nothing else.

Last edited by Cliffradical; January 2nd, 2015 at 16:48..
Old January 2nd, 2015, 16:42   #20
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Interesting... I'm the market for new boots. Curious about fit as well.

Anyone have pics of them being worn? They look a bit on the big/bulky side and I usually prefer something trimmer. That said, can't beat the price.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 16:59   #21
Cliffradical

They fit like my old desert boots did, but better in every way.
The ankles up the leg fit like socks, and your feet sit a lot lower in the outsole than the pictures would suggest. Everything is clean and rounded. Deal of the year 2014/ 2015 (Five Ten reps, I accept post-dated cheques).
Old January 2nd, 2015, 17:01   #22
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
They fit like my old desert boots did, but better in every way.
The ankles up the leg fit like socks, and your feet sit a lot lower in the outsole than the pictures would suggest. Everything is clean and rounded. Deal of the year 2014/ 2015 (Five Ten reps, I accept post-dated cheques).
Do you know if they are waterproof?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 17:06   #23
Cliffradical

No way. They have eyelets for drainage like jungle boots, and are made of suede (where there's leather).

They're pre-treated though, so if you keep up your suede care they'll repel water if it rains, there's dew, or you're splashing through puddles.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 17:12   #24
FirestormX

Dragon, your thread is going to be derailed.
On the plus side, ShelledPants gave you a lot of good info.

Cliff, thanks for the link! I'm picking some up for me and some others.
You should post it up in its own thread. It'll be like the Propper goretex stuff a couple years ago...Everyone will be wearing it.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 17:23   #25
Cliffradical

Fuck no, I want another cheque to clear so I can buy more lol
Old January 2nd, 2015, 17:25   #26
Cliffradical

My posting here is pure noobwise benevolence, you're just lucky.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 18:37   #27
Slodin

I don't know about eye protection too much..but what I did after buying a pair of Valken Serria goggles for 25 bucks, is to get my 400fps AK, and shot it multiple times at point blank range. Although the goggles are stamped with all the certification, but I was to make sure a cheap set wasn't faked by the chinese factories and break easily. After the test, I concluded a cheap set still works since there is not even a scratch on the lens. So I wouldn't go so far for a $100 dollar goggles..(I can't really return it either way since I bought it from Toronto and I live in Vancouver)

The only thing I really hate in my setup is the same face mask you had in the picture..It's such a pain to put on..And since I'm asian, my face doesn't really work either..I had to go and cut the wires to fit a little better.

Perosnally, I enjoy to wear Columbia hiking boots. Since I have like 3 pairs, I just wear them to play so I don't have to spend extra..I usually wear my least favorite one lol..but ankle support is so good in outdoors, people trip and fall like every game..I almost did once..

If you are going milsim, you need BDU..I don't because I only have time for some drop in games, so I just wear tan jacket and jeans or tan cargo. USA has some cheap BDUs..Although the quality of those unknown brands are a question.
Old January 2nd, 2015, 20:44   #28
SuperHog

Dump pouch do work. Its how you use it. Don't fill it up with empties. I never have more than one empty in it and it is a tiny dump pouch also.

Faster to put an empty into the pouch than fumbling it into your pocket. Once I place a fresh mag into the gun, (being right handed) I migrate full mag to my left and empties to the right.

Last edited by SuperHog; January 2nd, 2015 at 22:08..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 09:53   #29
WinnipegDragon

Going to hit XT for an open game Sunday night at 8pm if any other 'Peg residents feel like shooting up the FNG.
Old January 15th, 2015, 18:53   #30
WinnipegDragon

Got my boots from FiveTen today and they are really comfortable. My G33 is here as well so I'm swimming in goodies at the moment.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank