Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is there a place on here where someone could buy broken guns?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 9th, 2014, 22:23   #16
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the CM16 SHOULD have the exact same gearbox shell as your scar, if the CA scar is a clone of the g&g. It will have the holes drilled in it for the selector switches.

If you were to buy a cm16 and learn to tech on it and built a mutant gun, it's a simple matter just to transfer the gearbox into the scar and have a kickass scar. Meanwhile put the scar's gearbox into the cm16.

The only shitty bit is the wiring harness is special on the scar and the selector plate, which on v2s can be a bit delicate to remove without taking the gearbox apart. The selector plate on the g&g scar is proprietary, break it and it's a special order part.

Also keep track of all the screws you pull out... and be careful of tiny springs and ball bearings. I always get a 'I fixed it myself' gun that's missing shit.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 02:32   #17
Deejay2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
For myself, as a beginner, gas blowback was far easier to learn on than electrics. You may want to fiddle around with both types before restricting your main interest to one type.
I've tried a few of both and am now very firmly GBB, though there are many places (and seasons) in which an AEG is far superior. You'll discover for yourself what your pref is. I've naught but GBB now.
This was my findings too. I was never really one for shooting sewing machines (I'm sorry, plzdnthrtme) so I figured why not pick up something I like and make a project of fixing it.

Especially GBB pistols. I find they're simpler to fix, and far less exploding and launching springs. Rifles seem to be more complex, but rewarding when you fix it yourself, especially without major injury via spring. (Dat WE AWSS M4 tho.)
Deejay2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank