Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Maruzen APS-2 Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 1st, 2010, 23:33   #16
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Sounds like you are out of luck then. Never heard of them making a gas version, sounds like it might be a gas upgrade kit for it. Steven's gun is an APS2, which is totally different than the L96, and never heard of a gas anything for it. I know that there is a gas cylinder kit for the CA M24, but it was mostly a failure due to leakage issues.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 00:18   #17
Treefingers

G&G has a gas bolt upgrade kit for the l96. Are you sure it's a Maruzen and not Tanaka? Or an m700 on an l96 stock?
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:03   #18
Steven

Yeah, Stalker is correct, Mine is spring. I'm not too sure about any Gas kits, and i'm not experienced with the Gas versions at all.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:43   #19
Kos-Mos

The gas kit for L96/ASP-2 is just a bolt.

You change the whole bolt for a gas reservoir with a linear valve. When you cock the rifle, you hold a fake piston that is used as a weight to engage the valve. There is also a safety valve in the nozzle to prevent the rifle from releasing gas when cocking.

Pull is about the same as a 120% spring.

You have to cock the rifle, and leave the bolt open to fill in the gas from the ejection port. The fill valve show-up in there and looks like a regular pistol mag valve.

You can get about 2-3 shot that are worth something before the fact that there is no decompression chamber and that the liquid gas can flow out the nozzle makes the rifle useless.

Trigger assembly is the same as any other L96 (Maruzen or clone) spring bolt action rifle.

If your rifle is not working that way, then you have a Tanaka AICS. It is a "Accuracy International" framed M700 and internal mechanics are the same. Some parts are unique to the M700/AICS, but the principle and assembly is the same.

The only other option you have then, is a Star/Ares L96. This one has folding stock and uses a gas-in mag system with a removable ammunition rack. The mag size and capacity allows to shot 2-3 ammo racks with a single gas fill.

I have no experience with the Star/Ares one, but I doubt you have that one anyways.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner