Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reviews - BuyAirsoft.ca

:

Reviews

Old February 14th, 2007, 22:54   #16
aZn_triXta07

Uhmmm ... TSD re-brands SRC guns, they are still the same thing maybe with differences due to specifications from Team SD.

In regards to China air that are 100% clones of Marui, CA etc. It's not the difference of the parts. And no it's not alot more money. The main difference is that the China guns haven't been as fine-tuned, RaygisLasVegas can tell you about that one. I've done lots of comparisons with Chinese MP5s with Marui, maybe the paint is different, and some parts are of better quality. But when you upgrade it won't cost alot more unless you're getting ripped off for aftermarket parts. Yanhchan has a UTG and he's upgraded it pretty good, his UTG was $220 at the time, though he got it for free, he got it upgraded for less than a $100 and it shoots better than a stock Marui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Hasn't SRC renamed to TSD Tactical? At least according to buyairsoft.ca it seems they have. I'm just wondering about their long term reliability, one of my teammates is getting one from that site so I guess I'll see.

Even if WELL copies TM designs exactly and uses metal mechboxes and gears its still not even close to TM. You can swap all the parts with aftermarket parts and make it just as good or better than a TM but its more money than you would have to spend compared to just getting a TM and doing light upgrades for the same results.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 23:10   #17
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo One-Six View Post
Good customer service: Maybe.

Professional business practices: Appears to be sketchy at best.

I still question the long term practicality of purchasing non-brand name airsoft guns.
That and the pratices of a store that doubles as a paintball field who has reportedly sold to minors.

Sure, a place like this is going to get rave reviews from new people...but then again, I have only heard stuff from new people with little to no experience with quality guns. No offense aZn_triXta07, but with SRC and CYMA guns, its hard to really take buyairsoft.ca seriously.

As expected, Im about as likely to buy from buyairsoft.ca as I am to buy softair from walmart.
Old February 14th, 2007, 23:13   #18
aZn_triXta07

Hey I have no issue and don't take offense cause I can totally understand where you guys are coming from. I've had myself a Marui and was like DAMN this is hawt. I still think it is, like most of us before wouldn't even touch Classic Army because of the quality of the internals, now their new releases are killling it! I'm sure those the rice farmers will pick up.

As for SRC, Raygis's got one of the new AKs, he's actually keeping it ... guy like him who can buy whatever he wants, take it from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
That and the pratices of a store that doubles as a paintball field who has reportedly sold to minors.

Sure, a place like this is going to get rave reviews from new people...but then again, I have only heard stuff from new people with little to no experience with quality guns. No offense aZn_triXta07, but with SRC and CYMA guns, its hard to really take buyairsoft.ca seriously.

As expected, Im about as likely to buy from buyairsoft.ca as I am to buy softair from walmart.
Old February 14th, 2007, 23:22   #19
dead_aim

i wana see pics too!!

show me the hop up unit if you can..

dead_aim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 02:37   #20
BIGMEDCIN

My son and I have received Two pistols and two rifles from them in the last three weeks.

1.CO2 M-9 (HFC) great gun, full metal shoots VERY hard and straight.
2.WE Hi-Cappa full metal, extremely accurate.
3.WELL R-8 (G3SAS) Mag is crap (used my TM hi cap) to test, good hop-up shoots straight, same as TM
4.TSD-SDERM100...M-14, heavy gun (12lbs loaded w/battery) battery was crap.

To sum up...the pistols are a steal at their prices....the R-8! for $220 a good buy, it is lighter than a TM but a great platform, with some up grade parts you might have $350 into it, but it will out range a TM and last just as long for $200 less.
My M-14 is outstanding!, I did have to work on it a bit though, it would double feed due to a bad hop-up design, the BB would sit too far forward against the nub, with the pressure of the mag spring two BBs would go down range, I replaced the hop rubber, all is good now, Chronographs at 303-312fps with very good hop-up and shoots straighter than some of my $1200 AEGs!!

It is true I have not done a lot of shooting to see how other parts and pieces stand up (wiring, switches, connections etc) but at this point I am very happy, again this coming from someone who has many AEGs, pistols, sniper rifles all in the $800 plus range.

If you are starting out in airsoft, you might want to consider starting with a TM, pretty much user friendly and there are not many surprises, but if you like to up-grade, like platform guns, you cant go wrong with "SOME" of the China stuff!

I will try to give more up-dates on these, we will be buying more in the near future.

Cheers
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:09   #21
Naerah

Send a message via ICQ to Naerah Send a message via MSN to Naerah
i was to buy their p90 but having eard only sh!t about it i changed my mind for the xm8, wich i know now that the TM g36c v3mechbox fit in. Ill post my comment on the service and the gun itself when ill hve it but cant compare to nothing else since it will be my first. i try to put a video of it on youtube when ill get it.
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:17   #22
LUTNIT

aZn_triXta07 you seem to be in the know here. Whats the quality difference between Palco Sports and WELL? The price difference between the Palco MP5 and WELL M4 is small so are they comparable? Just that I've heard of WELL before but I've never heard of Palco sports.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:24   #23
aZn_triXta07

Quality difference? The guns are the same, WELL ... WELLFIRE China is the manufacturer but Palco imports directly from them, when they bring them over into the States they just re-name them as UTG or FirePower. Sometimes however in this case such as Team SD, they may request a few slight differences in the product they bring in, for one if you buy the SRC V2 direct you'll get a nice hard case for it, here you don't :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
aZn_triXta07 you seem to be in the know here. Whats the quality difference between Palco Sports and WELL? The price difference between the Palco MP5 and WELL M4 is small so are they comparable? Just that I've heard of WELL before but I've never heard of Palco sports.
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:25   #24
gamz

Did you get a hard case with your M4?

Old February 15th, 2007, 11:26   #25
aZn_triXta07

I believe I said I didn't?
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:30   #26
LUTNIT

Just that I'm sitting here looking at my spare parts: a set of metal bushings, STAR steel standard ratio gears, polycarbonate piston, stock CA inner barrel, two mini batteries that don't work in any of my guns, and a spare M90 spring........I may snag that MP5SD and throw some of my spare parts in it and see how it works out. Worst case scenario I throw a stock TM ver.2 mechbox in it if the stock one cracks/blows/etc.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:21   #27
The Saint

I'm considering recommending them to a friend who wants a cheap M14, assuming TSD M14s are really AGM. I wish they were rebanded Cyma or UTG M14s, but hey.

I agree with others here about their non/labeling of lower-end guns, though. I hate it when stores do that.
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:58   #28
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Thanks for the excellent writeup, but how many threads do we need regarding this retailer? Unless you're trying to start a grassroots movement to get them on the "canadian retailers" list. Then do carry on

Last edited by Kokanee; February 15th, 2007 at 13:02..
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 13:02   #29
aZn_triXta07

This is the second one, first one got locked because of some debate about China air and it was about if anyone had ordered from them.

This one is regarding my experience ...the other one is from Styrak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Nice to have info, but how many threads do you have to make regarding this retailer?
Old February 15th, 2007, 13:03   #30
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

fair enough - if they ever get in a P90 w/ a metal mechbox, I might be inclined to place an order.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews