Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Waffen SS Uniforms

:

WW1, WW2

Old December 21st, 2006, 17:09   #16
Oberst39

Consider it done...however I will not be able to get to it until tomorrow...besides I would have to get busy with my digital camera which is not a big deal...so I will start the new thread tomorrow and start posting pics....

Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 15:37   #17
Stonewall

Excellent impression

Well done. Not an expert on this period of uniforms, but looks darn impressive to me.

Ever see either of the German made movies; "Stalingrad", "Downfall"?

Fascinating portrayals. If you haven't highly recommend you pick them up. Both in German with English subtitles. Incredibly realistic.

Stonewall
Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 15:55   #18
dutchydoc

Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
Militaria

Hello people, im not jacking the thread but i have a collection of militaria for sale, please visit http://dutchydoctor.spaces.live.com if anyone is interested in anything you see feel free to PM me or email me at dutchydr@gmail.com
Old December 22nd, 2006, 19:58   #19
Oberst39

The M40 Uniform is not quite complete...I have ordered an authentic Close Combat Bar in Silver for the uniform as well as the Russian Campaign Ribbon for the Uniform. THis uniform is styled after a SS Rottenfuhrer of PanzerGrenadier Regiment 3 Deutchland. It is a historically accurate uniform as this regiment took part in the France, Polish and Russian Campaign during the war.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 20:21   #20
Oberst39

Yes I own a copy of both Downfall and Stalingrad....Ironically I had a Great Uncle who served in the Heer and was in Stalingrad. He was badly wounded in the leg and was one of the few that was airlifted out. He passed away as a result of his wound in 1981. I had the opportunity to visit him in Germany in 1980 and spoke at great length about his time in Stalingrad. The wound in his leg actually was quite visible even then, as a gaping crater was left in his leg. The doctors had always told him that they wanted to amputate his leg however he would never allow it. My Great Aunt always had to rub special cream into the wound and bandage the wound every day and this was in 1980if you could believe it. Quite an amazing thing.

Old December 28th, 2006, 16:57   #21
Oberst39

Just recieved my close combat bar in silver and my russian campaign medal ribbon. Am attaching them to my uniform as I write this and will post pics of the complete uniform in the next 1/2 hour. Stay tuned....looks sharp!

Old December 28th, 2006, 16:59   #22
T.Smith

Send a message via MSN to T.Smith
Sexy Oberst, sexy. Find a mirror, I want to see what this all looks like in 3D

Age Verifier - Kelowna, BC and Area
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 17:26   #23
Oberst39

here is the finished Tunic......

[IMG][/IMG]