Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Hicapa Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 29th, 2005, 22:14   #16
thePiRaTE!!

I'd guess tourettes?

As for rechambering the 5.1, just finished doing mine up today. Bought the Shooters Design chamber and outer barrel from Noxx, along with a Nineball tight-bore inner barrel and Guarder 150% recoil and hammer springs. The outer barrel and chamber are machined metal, and are significantly heavier than the original plastic part or what aluminum would be. I've noticed they scuff easily and they bored the outer barrel deeper in the front than the original, meaning your inner barrel appears to hang slightly into the front of the outer barrel when the gun is idle. Having said that, I would say overall these are a solid (literally) addition, and look 100x better than the chromed plastic (complete with seam) original part. They have a natural steel finish that sort of even makes the original metal guide rod and hammer look a bit cheap in fact. I wouldn't normally have even considered replacing a decent metal component, but to match everything up, I just might.

Though I have no gas at the moment to test fire with the new springs, I will state that the slide is considerably more crisp with the Guarder in there. Same for the hammer, hits harder and faster than before when the trigger is pulled. I was a bit surprised at how complicated the inner workings were in the back of the gun where the trigger, hammer and safeties tie together. I ended up reseating the metal middle portion onto the plastic handle portion several times in order to finally achieve proper functionality. Do take note of where everything is pulling out from when you seperate the two pieces, theres a lot going on back there.

-inner barrel overhang on Shooters Design outer... not too bothersome really, but there you have it. Note the new silver Nineball inner barrel.

-pretty isn't it?

-callin', heavy metal! Note the conical shape to the outer barrel, its not an optical illusion. It tapers slightly as it meets the chamber.

-see the scuffs? haven't even fired a mag yet, lol. ABS slide as well. Still looks tight ;0)

FYI, I decided I would resubmit this post as a review of the Shooters Design in the appropriate catagory as well, in case you see it again.
thePiRaTE!! is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner