Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mechbox Review - Lonex drop-in mechbox

:

Reviews

Old October 8th, 2013, 16:47   #166
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

The G&G charging handle/fake bolt is attached to the gearbox, not the receiver. You can't replace the shell and have a charging handle. You can't slap an aftermarket charging handle in your G&G receiver either, there's no place for a spring to attach to.
Old October 8th, 2013, 16:49   #167
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Thanks Spike. <3
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 16:58   #168
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

No problemo!

On another note, G&G shells are very, very nice. Just upgrade the piss out of it!

Blowback can be disabled by replacing the cylinder. The G&G PBB cylinders have little grooves in the top though, so you'll have to do a bit of modding to make a new cylinder fit. Not hard to do.
Old October 9th, 2013, 00:00   #169
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
is it me or do lonex drop in shells sit kind of funny inside a G&P body.?
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:00   #170
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Did you remove the rubber pad at the back of the lower receiver?
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:25   #171
GBBR
Banned

I don't know which rubber pad you are talking about unfortunalty.

I was refering to Lonex V2 dropping into a G&P M4 ( Seal body, VLTOR upper )

the nozzle is on a small elevation up, resulting in chamber wear.

Forgot to add that no, I did not buy this gearbox from you, that also may be a reason why I am having problems LOL
Old October 9th, 2013, 12:31   #172
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

There's a piece of rubber at the back of the newer G&P lower receivers which acts as a spacer - you have to remove it.

Which generation Lonex box did you get? The one with or without the rear window cutouts?
Old October 9th, 2013, 17:03   #173
GBBR
Banned

no, I don't believe there was a rubber peice on the G&P metal body.

it looks exactly like this one, I think the metal body may have been damaged, it wasn't really in the best of all conditions.

Old October 9th, 2013, 19:47   #174
Hawke519
93tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
The G&G charging handle/fake bolt is attached to the gearbox, not the receiver. You can't replace the shell and have a charging handle. You can't slap an aftermarket charging handle in your G&G receiver either, there's no place for a spring to attach to.
I have a g&g top tech and the gearbox cracked at the front. I put in a non blowback g&g shell. If you dont want to be stuck using the proprietary shell u just carefully drill a hole and tap it in the upper receiver for the charging handle spring to have a place to go. Then you can use what ever u want for a gearbox.

"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?"
Hawke519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 19:58   #175
Hawke519
93tsi

Obviously just be careful how far you drill the hole in the upper receiver. I lined up the hole with the raised part of the top rail so I knew I wouldnt drill to far.

"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?"
Hawke519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2013, 22:41   #176
Cerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattobuono View Post
This is a really useful review. Can anyone tell me if this gearbox would fit into my CYMA MP5 A5 CM041J without any problems?

Thanks

I would think all you would need to change to get this into an MP5 is the selector plate and nozzle. Chances are you would already have a tiger assembly for the MP5. There probably not perfect for the short barrel on the MP5 though.

Id like to see what Stealth linked. It must be top secret if i don't have rights to view the page. Am curious though.

Last edited by Cerwin; October 20th, 2013 at 22:48..
Cerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:31   #177
Gattobuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
The one I reviewed won't, but this would:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158375
Thanks for the reply, I've been away travelling for the last 2 weeks so I've only just seen your post, however, when I try to access the link I get:

Gattobuono, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

?????
Gattobuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:13   #178
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

You're not age verified Gattobuono so you can't access the classifieds until doing so.

Back on topic:

I picked up a Lonex V3 Shell for an amazing deal (I would have gone to airsoftstore.ca otherwise) and it looks to fit in a CYMA AK with slight modification - removing the wiring guide at the ass end of the box which prevents it from sitting in place of the CYMA AK receiver.

CYMA's motor cage DOES NOT fit the Lonex gearbox without modification as well (simple sanding, but I have no idea if pinion to bevel aligns) hence ordering a Lonex cage from airsoftstore.ca came into play.

SHS 2013 Edition 18:1 Gearset w/10 tooth bevel gear fits really tight into the Lonex 8mm ball bearing bushings, I actually have to wiggle them out (not sure if this is entirely a good thing, especially when removing the top half of the shell and your entire gearset is still attached )

My concerns are with the cut off lever - I dont quite understand it (and I assume it breaks the electrical connection when in semi thus resulting in a single shot?) other than knowing it has to be there Should cut off levers match with your sector gear brand? In this case I have SHS and just ordered an SHS v3 cut off lever - does the selector plate come into play at all? I plan to use my CYMA brand since it was made for that receiver.

I only ask because I recently had a SHS cut off lever in my Lonex v2 which didn't fire properly which Stealth rectified by putting in a Lonex V2 brand cut off lever with Lonex brand gears.

Last edited by Rabbit; October 22nd, 2013 at 09:21..
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:32   #179
Gattobuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You're not age verified Gattobuono so you can't access the classifieds until doing so.
Well my date of birth is 07/07/57, so I think I'm old enough! But how I verify that, seeing as I live in Italy, is a mystery to me :?
Gattobuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:30   #180
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Contact us at sales@airsoftstore.ca to order an MP5 complete gearbox.

With regards to the cutoff lever - no it doesn't have to be brand-specific but sticking to a singular brand helps with compatibility. If you mix/match brands, it either works or it doesn't. Unfortunately the only way to test it is to assemble and try it.
The selector plate doesn't have much to do with it as long as it's able to push the cutoff lever via the selector plate spring, then you're golden.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews