Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Slower than usual From Asia ? This may be why ...

:

General

Old April 15th, 2017, 22:12   #16
burnettkyle

Are Shipments from Japan being affected by this?
Old April 18th, 2017, 14:40   #17
bandit58

I ordered from eHobby on December 23, and am still waiting for my package, was just small pistol parts (nozzle, springs, etc.). Hope it does arrive. eHobby has offered me a store credit should I decide to take it as they haven't gotten word from HK Post on tracing the parcel.
bandit58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 15:31   #18
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnettkyle View Post
Are Shipments from Japan being affected by this?
I preordered the ost cd of nier automata from Amazon in Japan. Was sent from DHL arrived in 1 week.

Ordered a parcel from another merch via Japan post shipped only 2 weeks ago; still waiting for arrival in Canada.

Usual arrival time for my parcels from Japan is 3-4 weeks so we will see if it compares to the 6-12 weeks from China.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 00:04   #19
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

here's what I think is going on with different shipment methods.

the free methods or cheapest are registered air mail. This shit is being held up for a longass time.

small packet/sal so far I think are coming through at the regular time intervals

ems is coming through at regular intervals.

I received an item from the HK region via small packet from amazon in 2 weeks.
I received an item from HK via EMS in 6 business days.
I received an item from HK via registered air mail after 4.5 months
I am still waiting on an item via registered air mail from singapore closing in 4 months.
I am still waiting on an item via air mail from shenzen just across from HK also closing in on 4 months.

The tracked air parcel/mail items all took about 2 weeks to depart china and the tracking stopped once the last scan from china occurred when it left the shipping facility at the airport. This means that unless the plane crashed or the container fell out of the airplane, I can assume it landed in canada. So all items that have not yet arrived in my hands can be assumed to be in country.

Air mail works like this: all the airlines are selling excess cargo space to mail services, basically hauling cargo, this is why some are charging for extra bags now, and some even for your first checked bag. They are making money moving shit. Registered air is put on a queue to be sent but waits for the first available space. It gets bumped for items of higher priority (ie someone paid for a faster service).

Small packet and air parcel seem to have higher priority, they spend less time at the sorting depots waiting for flights. I've watched enough tracking on packages to notice the pattern. They will leave china much faster. CBSA doesn't seem to hold these packages long.

EMS services are guaranteed in x business days. They go on the first available flight out, bumping everything. They spend at most half a day in customs on this side. My package from HK shipped by HK post EMS almost beat a package shipped on the same day by SRS tactical. CP I don't think was operating on good friday or easter monday, so it was actually more like 6 business days from HK. My record from overseas was like 3 from Japan, which is actually pretty ridiculous considering it crosses the international date line. It left the country less than 12 hours after I ordered and arrived technically 72 hours my time later.

Anywho, no packages from japan don't seem to be affected.

If I had to guess, CBSA doesn't have enough people to inspect everything coming in. If what they're saying is true about illegal drugs coming in back in the fall, I'm wondering if they're not holding all those packages waiting for some sort of expiry date to pass before releasing them. The easiest way of stopping illegal perishable goods from entering the country is let them sit and rot at the border so they become worthless. That's a rather dick move if that's what they're doing, inconveniencing other people who have legitimate business because they're too damn lazy or understaffed to actually do their job correctly.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General