Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

mac 11?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 21st, 2005, 20:30   #1
airsoftassasin125

Send a message via AIM to airsoftassasin125
mac 11?

okay guys. I returned a hfc mac 11 and the people fixed it. it works fine, but whein i have about 3-6 bbs left in my clip, they sometimes hop out of the ejection port. Is this normal or what?if not any suggestions would help.
thnx.
Old September 21st, 2005, 20:56   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
BBs tend to hop out if you don't fully load (as in NO spaces between BBs in the mag) it properly, but if overall it's working fine except for that, I'd suggest you keep it and over look the problem. Consider it a "Low Ammo Identifier", as in when it happens, grab cover asap and reload. I'd consider myself lucky if mine did that!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 21:13   #3
airsoftassasin125

Talking

thanks night stalker. your like the mac 11 guru.
one more thing i was wondering about, is about the bb spacing. the spacing gets from smaller to bigger in the mag. is that normal as well?
Old September 21st, 2005, 21:39   #4
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoftassasin125
thanks night stalker. your like the mac 11 guru.
one more thing i was wondering about, is about the bb spacing. the spacing gets from smaller to bigger in the mag. is that normal as well?
The mags I had with the Mac I had did that too (spacing got a little 'stretched' near the top) bb's coming out of the chamber wasn't one of the problems I faced with mine, so I'd hazard a guess thats not related to your problem.
thePiRaTE!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 21:48   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I wouldn't worry about it. The BIGGEST two problems with the M11 as lot sof oil needed (but keep in mind that the rubber parts used on the KSC M11 soak up oil , swell then rip) but also the fact that carrying extra mags on you is a bitch due to the design. I gave up carrying mine full time cuz I'd carryt he mags in a SMG pouch, only to put them in, squat, do anything really, only to hear ZIPP! and all the BBs unloaded into the pouch. Honestly, the only way I can carry it is with one mag instaled and ready to go. Then again, I'm not a full time M11 guy by any means, so I'll let other guys answer that one.

Nutshell, your having a few BBs near the end of the mag jump out is peanuts. Try to solve keeping all your BBs in your mags while in full combat mode, yet keep them fully accessible............ beyond my know how! Thought about capping each mag with a 35mm film container, but never tried it.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 18:57   #6
airsoftassasin125

never mind. the whole bolt doesnt even come back all the way when you shoot. im just going to send it back and get my money back. maybe get a glock
Old September 24th, 2005, 13:08   #7
p.phresh

i had the same problem, but it was remedied by dropping a drop of oil on the top BB, and maybe one or two further down the line on the BBs in the mag.

Plus you may want to try putting some oil on a piece of paper towel and lubing the hop up... that usually solved it for me.

as for carrying extra mags, i used to carry 3 extra mags, when i was double fisting two m11s. I never had the problem of the mags unloading in the mag pouches. I used an MP5-mag leg pouch and it worked great. When i loaded my mags, i'd put my thumb on the front of the loading tip (where you push the BBS in) and make sure the top BB was seated as far back as possible then released the catch at the bottom.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 17:06   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Both my mags, any pressure on the top would cause the full load to spew out. Happens on my new one and my old one. Doesn't matter much though, my MP5 is my primary. M11 is more of a fun gun than a playing gun.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner