Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgraded AUG Help!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 5th, 2005, 13:13   #1
Darthlaze

Upgraded AUG Help!

I just recently bought some new parts to upgrade my AUG. I was hoping to increase the range and accuracy a great deal, with around 400+ fps. I put in an M120 Spring, new pitson head, piston, cylinder bushings etc etc, plus a 6.03 tightbore barrel on. With all this stuff put together I noticed that I dont have nearly the range I used to with the stock parts-the bbs drop after a short distance-and no matter how much I adjust the hop up one way or another it doesnt seem to affect anything. I have checked the hop up both on and off the barrel and it seems to be working properly, and I have taken apart the mechbox several times to make sure there is a good seal with the piston and everything is correctly lined up etc etc... :hammer:

Im stumped. Any helpful words would be greatly appreciated.
Darthlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 15:07   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

when looking into the hop up, turn it on and off, do you see a bump moving in and out of the barrel? Are you sure you didn't lose the hop up bucking? (It's a tiiiiiiny rubber cylinder, about 2mm in diameter and about 3mm long)
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 17:27   #3
Darthlaze

Yes, it took me a little while to figure it out while I was troubleshooting (initially I actually thought the loss of range was because the bucking was put in incorrectly) but it is in there correctly now, and the bump does show up when I put the hopup all the way on, but it doesnt seem to affect the path of the bb at all...they still drop just as quickly as without.
Darthlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 21:07   #4
mcguyver

your seal between you piston head o-ring and cylinder is poor on one if not both strokes. i had similar problem with a g&p when i used a silicone grease that was just a little too heavy. it prevented that o-ring from deforming in the groove on the head as it is supposed to while drawing air into the cylinder (vacuum) and re-sealing against the cylinder upon release (compression). make sure you have %100 free movement of that o-ring. any "stickiness" of grease will cause a poor seal.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 00:56   #5
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

make sure your mechbox is seated just right and clean your barrel. I found some grease from the piston made its way into my barrel slowing down my bbs
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 02:33   #6
fadedcorona

are bushings needed?
fadedcorona is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner