Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

APS Tactical AK47

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 10th, 2013, 20:11   #16
MrAirsoft194

Ok thanks Styrak for the insulting post, but i was only seeing for a recent review and playing the devils avocate to really see if they did improved or not really. Even so i already told you that i know that they are crap. Either then that in the end i got what i was looking and Thanks.
MrAirsoft194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 20:15   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Don't know how my post was insulting, but OK.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 20:43   #18
MrAirsoft194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Don't know how my post was insulting, but OK.
Well I saw it as if you were calling me an idiot by saying ( since you didn't get it the first time).
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:35   #19
Airmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
APS is generally pretty poor quality. People know APS as a certain abbreviation...
My fav would be "Absolute Pieces of Shit"

I have worked on a few of the APS AK rifles and found them to be very poorly built both externally and internally. Best save your money and purchase another brand of AK. There was also a comment from PocoMilitary's store here in Langley that had sold them a few years ago when they first came out and ALL of them came back with in one week for repairs or refunds.

(LMAG) http://www.lowermainlandairsoft.ca
Airmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:45   #20
HKGhost

It seems like MrAirsoft194 is sold on APS's "new" guns, so buy it and let us know how it is.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:51   #21
Strelok

Having seen both old and new.

No.

Please, no. Don't tell yourself "there is always an exception"

No.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:51   #22
Danke

You know as soon as someone puts up a thread like this and invests this much emotion into something they say they haven't bought yet I wonder how many times it's turned out there was a purchase made prior to the fact checking.

Devil's Advocate; ha ha.
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:04   #23
MrAirsoft194

Ok I am not sold or buying it at all. I am really buying a LCT now. I was only looking for a body to build on and then i saw the APS. It seemed to be a cheapskate almost all the features i wanted it to have, but for the price it had to be to good to be true. So i did a bit of reaserch on it and found out that they are are shit, but some said there newer design is better. So i wanted to ask you guys to clear things out, if its true or not. Not only did i get the answer to what i was looking, but got hated for asking so. Sorry if i didn't know.
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:38   #24
Strelok

You didn't get hated for just asking.

When you start making excuses as to justify the purchase (After having many people telling you to do otherwise) You'll end up pissing off a few people.

Its a common thing for people to ask about (Insert cheap POS gun here), ask whether they should buy it or not. And despite being told not to, they buy it anyway and come back to bitch about it not working.

Its annoying as hell.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 22:10   #25
MrAirsoft194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
You didn't get hated for just asking.

When you start making excuses as to justify the purchase (After having many people telling you to do otherwise) You'll end up pissing off a few people.

Its a common thing for people to ask about (Insert cheap POS gun here), ask whether they should buy it or not. And despite being told not to, they buy it anyway and come back to bitch about it not working.

Its annoying as hell.
i could understand what you mean, but i have to say its not the warmest welcome.
Old September 11th, 2013, 23:10   #26
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
the cursed wiring which likes to develop ghosts for no goddamn reason.
Wow that sounds exciting... Who doesn't want busting some ghosts developed from airsoft guns. Would you mind to tell the full story about the wires? Thanks.

Last edited by ccyg8774; September 12th, 2013 at 00:18..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 18:09   #27
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Every time staff pulled the dust covers off we'd get slimed.

Seriously though, the type of wire being used was of a poor quality and/ or a poor choice for the application as it was too rigid and brittle generally, plus the shielding was terrible (consistency closer to that of wax than rubber or plastic shielding).
Combine these factors with generally poor soldering and high-resistance contacts (again, poorly selected materials for the application), what you get is an electrical system full of existing and potential flaws that only worsen the more that the system is handled.

You end up with shorts, spikes, and breaks in the line which aren't immediately apparent and aren't even findable through visual inspection. Thus you end up chasing the whole line with a multimeter and having things work fine on the bench and then poop out in the body and vice-versa, ergo chasing 'ghosts' or 'ghosting'.

Many of the guns we worked on (mostly warranty, eugh) did this, and eventually after wasting so many man hours trying to save and repair these systems, the employer decided that the best course of action was to gut APS electrical systems and replace entirely whenever the wiring was in question, scrap it, and go through the leftovers during downtime to see if any of it could be reclaimed for rentals.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:23   #28
ccyg8774

Thanks for the story... I will stop complaining about my PVC wires not being silicone wires from now on...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion