Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hellfire 1911 Hi-Capa 5.1 VS KJ Works KP-06 HI-CAPA inquiry

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 27th, 2013, 13:37   #1
Reaver_RRTS

Hellfire 1911 Hi-Capa 5.1 VS KJ Works KP-06 HI-CAPA inquiry

Which of these two would you suggest? I'm looking at it as a replacement to my PX4 due to lack of aftermarket parts and replacement parts. I've never really been fond of glocks/1911/M9 but either of these would be better than a pistol that once it's broken, I can't replace parts because no one carries replacement parts to it.

Furthermore, is the Hellfire 1911 compatible with after market parts from other models/brands or is it proprietary?

How's the accuracy/range/velocity with either of these? I'm not expecting AEG range or accuracy but I'd prefer something better than my current side arm lol

Last edited by Reaver_RRTS; August 27th, 2013 at 13:43..
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:37   #2
Kratisto

That "Hellfire 1911" seems to be a rebranded WE P14 (Para Ordnance P14-45/Springfield 1911 wide body). Internally it's a TM Hi-Capa 5.1 clone with a one piece metal frame. In theory it should be compatible with all the standard parts, but better get first hand info from somebody who has it. Unlike most Hi-capas, it fits 1911 serpa holsters without modification.

The KJW KP-06 it's a TM Hi-Capa clone too, but being more of a big "race gun", it's not as handy and practical for a skirmish sidearm.

If you want a Hi-capa variant, I would suggest an original TM or the KJW KP-05. The KP-05 (with the Tanio Koba grips) is one of the better guns for the money. Pretty, practical and reliable out of the box. I know personally of several ones in heavy use for years by my teammates and other players.

(Another thing: if you are worried about parts availability, KJW sells small parts directly to end customers. Fast and cheap, very good customer service.)

Last edited by Kratisto; August 28th, 2013 at 09:54..
Kratisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:14   #3
Reaver_RRTS

I like having something a little unique, that's why I don't like glocks/1911/M9 lol practically everyone has one (which is to say that means they work lol) but I don't like being the copy cat ya know? Hence the F2000 instead of an M4 or whatever lol. The KP05 seems decent, but I still wish there was more info on the KP06. Race gun or no I like the design and look of it, but without any knowledge on it I'm hesitant to buy.

Thank you for the information I will continue to look into the KP05 as well.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:44   #4
SuperHog

Have you held the KP06?

I have both a KP07 and a KP06. The KP06 is a hi-cap with the same size grip as a KP06. I have small hands and didn't feed comfy with it and use the KP07 mostly.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:52   #5
Reaver_RRTS

Haven't held them no, I do not think the local stores near me have them last time I was there they did not. I have small hands too but I don't mind larger grips (I used to play paintball and used the T8.1 pistol and T9.1 sniper and the grip on those guns are massive because of the magazine)

Since you own one, hows it perform? Any particular problems with it? And what holster do you use for it, if any? I'm looking for a drop leg holster, I don't like my PX4s hip holster it's uncomfortable.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:57   #6
Kratisto

The problem with "unique" or rare guns is the lack of support and aftermarket parts.

If you want a small challenge and something different (but still practical and reliable), I'd also suggest you look into the Socomgear Gemtech Oasis or KJW Mk1 (internally the same gun, KJW clones of the Marushin Ruger mk1)

Pros:
Classic "assasin silenced pistol" look.
Serpa holsters avaliable.
Very cheap, both gun and mags.
Good gas consumption even in winter.
Decent precision and range.
Small and light
Very quiet, with a suppressor equally to a TM MK23
Reliable, simple internals
Good parts avaliability directly from KJW

Cons:
NBB
no trademarks (KJW)
mostly made of plastic (the Oasis silencer is metal)
Double action only, heavy trigger pull
15rnd single stack magazine
Shoots 400+ fps with green gas/propane. Needs to use 134a/duster gas for safe FPS or modify the gun (shorten the barrel, cut the hammer spring... etc)

I've heard very good things about custom modified KJW mk1s in use by snipers tired of the expensive and huge TM MK23, but wanting something no less quiet.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:01   #7
Reaver_RRTS

Uh yeah.... that's... not my style lmao (looked up pictures that gun is UGLY) thanks for the suggestion though Kratisto. But being KJW if something broke in the gun, shouldn't I just be able to get it from KJW directly?
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:15   #8
Kratisto

Yes, just send them an email with the part numbers taken from the manual that comes with the gun, they will reply with the total price (plus shipping cost) and their Paypal email address.

They are very cheap. To give you an idea, they sent me the following TM compatible M9 CO2 parts...

33 SLIDE RAIL
58 GRIP SCREW
62 HAMMER SPRING HOUSING PIN
CM-2 Follower Spring Retainer

... all for 13$ USD shipped to Spain in two weeks.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:16   #9
Reaver_RRTS

Then I think I will go with the KP06... only thing I want to know first is what kind of drop leg holsters work with it...
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:30   #10
SuperHog

The KP06 looks good with an Infinity style grip frame. Never gamed it, but same reliability as my KP07. You should really hold both before you buy.

I started with a drop leg and ended moving the pistol onto the chest rig with a serpa holster. Drop leg looks cool but simply not comfortable running around and all day wear.

Last edited by SuperHog; August 28th, 2013 at 12:34..
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:36   #11
Reaver_RRTS

Wanna sell yours to me then lmao I'm planning to go drop leg mainly because having to much stuff on my vest gets too heavy, uncomfortable, hot and makes it harder to stay laying down without feeling something metallic jabbing you in the ribs lmao
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:43   #12
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver_RRTS View Post
Wanna sell yours to me then lmao I'm planning to go drop leg mainly because having to much stuff on my vest gets too heavy, uncomfortable, hot and makes it harder to stay laying down without feeling something metallic jabbing you in the ribs lmao
Sorry, wifie already claimed the KP07 as her sidearm.

Being right handed, I have my serpa on right side of the chest rig. Does not get in the way at all and sometimes never notice it.

Trust me, some guys like the drop leg and some don't. It does look cool, but try to borrow someone's and give a try before you buy.

Last edited by SuperHog; August 28th, 2013 at 19:02..
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:58   #13
Reaver_RRTS

lmao alright thanks for the info. know if it fits any particular holster?
Old August 28th, 2013, 13:10   #14
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver_RRTS View Post
lmao alright thanks for the info. know if it fits any particular holster?
Most soft-type holster will fit, but since theses are "universal" they can be loose and not fit properly. Try to find one that is tight and can be adjusted.

There was a blackhawk! clone that was made specifically for hicapa:

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=535

It should fit in there with little/no modification.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 13:30   #15
Reaver_RRTS

perfect same place i was planning to order from anyway... maybe i'll give Huang a quick text and ask him if it fits....
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion