Gbb which to choose

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 24th, 2013, 15:40   #16
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heikis View Post
I know KSC Glocks have that special polymer/ABS body that feels superior to other plastic-bodied GBBs. Does TM or anyboy else have products made of the same polymer?
I'd say only the KSC G19 has that particular frame you speak of, the other KSCs do not. HK3's frames however are pretty awesome in terms of fit and finish, there's little to no flex and the markings are all correct.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 17:34   #17
heikis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
I'd say only the KSC G19 has that particular frame you speak of, the other KSCs do not. HK3's frames however are pretty awesome in terms of fit and finish, there's little to no flex and the markings are all correct.
i recently held a KSC G17 that also had that particular frame.
But the KSC G18c I held had that crappy shiny plastic frame
heikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:48   #18
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heikis View Post
i recently held a KSC G17 that also had that particular frame.
But the KSC G18c I held had that crappy shiny plastic frame
There is at least 3 versions of the KSC frames from what I remember.

The first iteration of the frame was the shinier one. THe second iteration was more of a matter finish without the glossy finish. The markings are different between the two frames with version 2 being the more accurate one (I forget which one had the "Milspec" stamps on them). THe change came about when the system underwent some changes with the internals. Thus, there is an "older" version and a "newer" version of the KSC Glock line.

The third frame featured a much more heavier build. Thus, "Heavyweight" version of the Glock 19 and 23f...

Quote:
I know KSC Glocks have that special polymer/ABS body that feels superior to other plastic-bodied GBBs. Does TM or anyboy else have products made of the same polymer?
Marui's frames are much brittle than KSC's frames. Being made out of ABS, it looks and feels more like a toy. It has that a thin coat of gloss to make it even more like a toy gun...

Quote:
The WE Glock: It is compatible with tokyo marui you? For parts or modifications? And precision point of view it is more accurate than you WE MEU 1911?
You can swap SOME Marui spec'ed parts but not all. I personally have ran into a lot of tolerance issues when I went to put in some Marui parts. But then again, I'm pretty nitpicky when it comes to Glocks in general. It may not be the case for you...

Personally, I tend stay away from WE Glocks. My outer barrel broke in two pieces so I gave up on it....

At OP:

Between the KSC vs TM Glocks, it really depends on what you're using it for. If you're planning on upgrading a Glock gun, get a Marui. There are a plethora of parts available to you.

The downside is, original Marui OEM parts are rare to find.

The KSC Glock line is good for out of the box performance. It's relieable out of the box and will stay releable for a few months/years even. However, they can't be tuned as easily as Marui Glocks are.They are harder to maintain because the internal system is much more complex than Marui's design. When KSC Glocks fail, they fail really hard. and it's really hard to get them back to the same out of the box performance it once had no matter how hard you work on them.

Plus, there isn't a heavy amount of aftermarket parts for them.

The good news is that parts easy to find via KWA's pro shop. Just call them up and give them a parts number...

Personally, If you're looking for a REALLY reliable pistol, TRY a Marui hi-capa. Those things are great. Efficient at gas consumption, double stacked magazine (as per your requests), and great over all performer. Plus, there are a lot more ways to customize the gun than a Glock can. It has a lot more support.... I mean A LOT...
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:39   #19
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Eluder,

I called KWA's proshop, they said they're not restocking parts for the Glock series... influenced my decision to move to Marui. Some parts are available through the ATP, but it's dicey now.
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:47   #20
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
Eluder,

I called KWA's proshop, they said they're not restocking parts for the Glock series... influenced my decision to move to Marui. Some parts are available through the ATP, but it's dicey now.
That's interesting....
So they're completely stopping the line? No parts At all? Was there some announcement of this that I missed? lol

If they are still carrying ATP parts, that might be a saving grace. But people with 18c's are out of luck til their ATP auto comes out (if ever), I suppose...

Last edited by e-luder; June 25th, 2013 at 02:54..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:55   #21
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
That's interesting....
At all? Was there some announcement of this that I missed? lol

If they are still carrying ATP parts, that might be a saving grace. But people with 18c's are out of luck til their ATP auto comes out (if ever), I suppose...
I actually needed new sears and hopup when I called about two months ago. Most of their Glock stuff's out of stock, and when I asked when restock was, they pretty much went "The gun's been out of our (KWA's*) production for three years by now... parts are drying up, there's been no restock."

Ended up getting transfered over to a tech who confirmed that the ATP sear should work more or less, but it was enough to spook me.

* I hear KSC is still pumping them out, but KWA isn't AFAIK. Which sucks because back in 2011 I had stocked up on parts, only to sell them with my first Glock.
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:58   #22
e-luder

Quote:
I actually needed new sears and hopup when I called about two months ago. Most of their Glock stuff's out of stock, and when I asked when restock was, they pretty much went "The gun's been out of our (KWA's*) production for three years by now... parts are drying up, there's been no restock."

Ended up getting transfered over to a tech who confirmed that the ATP sear should work more or less, but it was enough to spook me.

* I hear KSC is still pumping them out, but KWA isn't AFAIK. Which sucks because back in 2011 I had stocked up on parts, only to sell them with my first Glock.
I guess that sorta makes sense...
But the thing is, most of the Glock components are the same as the their ATP line. The only real difference in the ATP's internal system is that stupid buffer for the recoil spring. I don't understand why they would stop production of the other components.

Maybe they just rebranded the parts to ATP designations...
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:02   #23
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
I guess that sorta makes sense...
But the thing is, most of the Glock components are the same as the their ATP line. The only real difference in the ATP's internal system is that stupid buffer for the recoil spring. I don't understand why they would stop production of the other components.

Maybe they just rebranded the parts to ATP designations...
For the most part, but the tech wouldn't guarantee anything, obviously. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to start messing with the engagement of triggers and sears, so I chose to tap out.

The ATP parts definitely look like Glock parts though. http://store.kwausa.com/atp.aspx
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:09   #24
e-luder

Quote:
For the most part, but the tech wouldn't guarantee anything, obviously. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to start messing with the engagement of triggers and sears, so I chose to tap out.

The ATP parts definitely look like Glock parts though. http://store.kwausa.com/atp.aspx
They are the same but have a slight difference in tolerance. I swapped a brand new ATP loawer assembly into a G19. THey all work. And then I went backwards. G19 lower to an ATP slide assembly. IT sorta worked but not as good I liked it to be.

That sux though. Looking at their pro shop, their ATP parts list is not as much as their Glock line. NO Glock Hammers!!! THat's a pretty crucial part to miss. That and the sear. THey are the number 1 point of failure in the KSC line..

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion