Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Some legal consultation required

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 16th, 2013, 21:05   #1
HeadlessChicken

Some legal consultation required

OK guys, we all know how much we hate how people misuse airsoft guns...we've seen this kind of crap before and the end results. Now this issue doesn't involve me and I don't have the full story behind the situation but here is what I do know.

I have a step-sister of a sorts who is married to, best description I can think of is, man-child whose had a history of even assaulting his wife who birth 3 of his kids. He is also an airsoft player, I'm not sure if hes even on these forums but from what I can tell, perhaps not. Her worry is him acting stupidly with his airsoft gun, specifically towards her or lord knows, the 3 kids. Currently the gun isn't in the house, it is kept off location so my suggestion of getting a trigger lock was useless. She is currently seeking legal advice on the matter of him, I'm looking into things that could possibly protect her if he decided to act stupidly armed with a BB gun.

Her safety plus the possibility of more bad publicity to our sport is my concern here so I'm wondering what she could do. Police didn't do much of anything when they came over, brushing the whole domestic dispute off as "stress" on his part so no help there.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 21:11   #2
metagod

If she is concerned for her safety, she should leave him.
metagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 21:14   #3
redneck12

Why don't you ask a cop about this, cuz I am pretty sure there's nothing you can do about it till he does do something stupid. And if he keeps it else where not in their home she can't make it disappear but if you can talk to whoever is storing his airsoft gun(s) and see if they will relocate it till he smartens up. Best option if they are not living together is a notice of trespass and a restraining order against him, maybe even see if the cops will stop by and scare him into surrendering his airsoft guns but really they have no legal grounds to do anything until he gives them a reason to take them.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 21:19   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Well i find that odd they didnt remove one of them as that is standard procedure these days (ever scince one time some dude hit his wife the cops just left em as she didnt want him charged and he killed her later that day)
If she is afraid for her safety she should leave him for sure.
If he does attac her or threaten her in any way hes screwed the cops will take him quick time. If he does it while armed with airsoft im sure they will treat it as a real gun. Especially if she calls sayin he is treatening her with a gun. They will likely send etf to the house not just regular police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 21:43   #5
HeadlessChicken

I figured as much, though in case I might have missed something I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks guys, messaged passed on to sis.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 23:25   #6
Dritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Well i find that odd they didnt remove one of them as that is standard procedure these days (ever scince one time some dude hit his wife the cops just left em as she didnt want him charged and he killed her later that day)
If she is afraid for her safety she should leave him for sure.
If he does attac her or threaten her in any way hes screwed the cops will take him quick time. If he does it while armed with airsoft im sure they will treat it as a real gun. Especially if she calls sayin he is treatening her with a gun. They will likely send etf to the house not just regular police.
The punshiment is the same. However, you have to love how our law system works. If he uders even the slightest about using his airsofts in ill manner, report it to the police. You need to respect firearms. If you can not do so, you should not own them. As to your step sister, everyone pretty much sumed it up.
Dritz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion