Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM USP springer will not fire :(

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 15th, 2005, 19:01   #1
nova_x

TM USP springer will not fire :(

After an intense plinking session (lol) my TM USP springer will not fire anymore Odd, since my new TM Glock 17 just got here today as well - so I am not left without any springer for some plinking action

That being said, I'd still really like to know why it is not firing anymore. There used to be a bb inside the gun, but I have since dislodged it and now it appears that nothing is inside the gun. I've tried looking for a technical manual so I could maybe try to disassemble the thing here and online in general, but the closest thing I could come up with was a TM M9 documentation.

The gun is at a really odd state right now - if I can somehow get the safety of the gun to go "on" (by making the hammer go down manually, without cocking), and I actually go ahead and cock the thing with the safety on, it does NOT fire when i press the trigger, but rather, it DOES fire when i force the safety down into the off position. In other words, I dont use the trigger to fire, but rather the safety switch :-?

Any ideas/documentation/help?

Much appreciated.
nova_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 00:29   #2
The Punisher

Send a message via MSN to The Punisher
Have you looked up how to disassemble it's gas blow back counterpart? Maybe that could give you an idea.
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 03:54   #3
Hortons Heros

Used to have the USP and took it apart a few times. I may give you some wrong directions so please don't hold me accountalbe to your adventures in springer repair.

First work in an area where a spring can go flying and it'll be easy to find. Pull the slide back and push on the flush end of the slide lock. Move the slide back and forth until the little knotch inside lines up with the slot in the slide and the slide lock comes out. Now the whole slide section should come off with a bit of wiggling. Inside the slide there are three components to work with...The barrel, recoil spring (what makes it spring back after cocking) and the sping/piston. Besides that I can't help you any more without being there sorry bra. Springers classically come apart that way or they need a screw driver to open the slide in half. PM me if you need any help...if you feal hopeless I'll buy the whole gun broken for cheap.

Dave Horton
Hortons Heros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 12:37   #4
nova_x

Horton: your info gives me hope thanks...

i dont exactly what you mean by "slide lock" or the "little knotch" (ejection port?)... please explain? i do however am one big step closer in that i know that disassembly requires no tools and begins at the slide (that i didnt even know before)

thanks again horton..

i also did some more searching on this forum and found this:

"Yes, I took it apart properly and was very careful about not losing any parts. The directions that I used can be found at :

http://toys.objectionable.net/index.php

Then select Springers from the menu at top left, then you see a list that contains Black Heavyweight Beretta 92F and it says Dissembly. Click on Dissembly.

Nothing appears broken or damaged. And the plunger spring guide appears perfectly in place."

Now the http://toys.objectionable.net/index.php site seems to be around no longer but the dissassembly guide seemed to be something that may have been most useful... anyone still got a copy out there?
Old July 17th, 2005, 02:40   #5
nova_x

ok... after a great deal of research... i've managed to find out what you meant by the "little notch" and the "slide lock"

however, the slide lock doesnt come out... i can push the flush end in quite a bit, but there seems to be something holding the other end of this L-shaped piece if you know what I mean... any tips?
Old July 17th, 2005, 04:07   #6
nova_x

alright... so i somehow pressed up on the lever and its all good now... i have the slide off!

now for the next phase...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner