Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

pinched lead on gear box: The Culprit???

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 25th, 2012, 09:17   #1
Jbone 11 11

pinched lead on gear box: The Culprit???

I have just reassembled my G&G GR15 raider and its making an awful noise when I pull the trigger. Kind of like the gears are slipping and not contacting completely. At first I tried adjusting the motor via the screw at the bottom of the pistol grip, but does not help. If I turn it all the way in, it will not fire. All the way out and the shrieking sound is worse.

So I figured maybe I did not install the motor properly and it was not sitting all the way in. It was then that I noticed that one of the leads from the gearbox is pinched quite badly. Could this be causing these types of symptoms?

Also, I had a couple of Lipo's that had been sitting for a while with out being charged up... they had some juice left but Im not sure how much. Wondering if a really low battery could also cause this type of shrill, shrieking sound??

Any insight into this is much appreciated.
J
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:43   #2
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

If its making a grinding noise a pinched lead really wouldnt be the problem. It would more likely need a reshim or something wasnt aligned properly when the gearbox was put back together.

Did you test to make sure the gears moved freely before you assembled it?
Also, what did you do to your gearbox. Did you replace any parts or rewire it to the rear/front?

Last edited by jordan7831; April 25th, 2012 at 09:48..
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:49   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
make sure the grip is on right, if there are wires pinched underneath it it'll hold it at an angle and possibly not allow the gears to make proper contact. After that re adjust motor height, turn it all tighten the screw all the way up and then loosen it by half turns till your gun sounds the same as before you goofed it.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:04   #4
Jbone 11 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
If its making a grinding noise a pinched lead really wouldnt be the problem. It would more likely need a reshim or something wasnt aligned properly when the gearbox was put back together.

Did you test to make sure the gears moved freely before you assembled it?
Also, what did you do to your gearbox. Did you replace any parts or rewire it to the rear/front?
I didn't do anything to my gearbox. I simply took the gun apart and put it back together. I wanted to see how difficult it was.... not very. And now I know how its put together... which parts are a PITA and which ones aren't.
And once I figure this thing out it'll be one more issue I'll know how to solve if it ever happens again.

But back to the issue at hand...after reading a couple of other posts Im thinking that the motor might not be sitting freely in the grip. The wires are wrong according to some in that they are coming up either side and not both up the stock side. I'll give it a go when I get home tonight. Im hoping that's the problem.
Old April 25th, 2012, 20:49   #5
Jbone 11 11

Alright... I got it working pretty well. Seems the problem was that the motor wasn't sitting in far enough. Wasn't the wires though, they were sitting where they needed to. The solution that worked in the end was to put a touch of lubricant on the sides of the motor... not too much, just enough to let it slide down easier. Good as new!
Old April 25th, 2012, 20:52   #6
MaciekA

Sometimes motor height can be impeded by wiring that is getting in the way. For this reason, it is important to take notice of how your stock wiring is set up in the grip before taking the motor all the way out, because while a couple millimeters of incorrect motor height can produce the crazy noise you witnessed, it can also cause the top half of your pinion gear to be shredded due to lack of contact, especially if you have a pinion gear made out of softer metal (example: G&P).

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 14:52   #7
Jbone 11 11

Yeah... lets hope I've seated the motor properly this time! Guess I'll find out this weekend.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner