Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS 551 - Feeding issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 14th, 2012, 22:37   #1
rattleyah
Banned

ICS 551 - Feeding issue

running ICS Mi45 low caps. Shoots fine for a while then starts missing, bb's roll out the end. clear it out, start over.. shoots for while then miss fires again. seems better on full auto, mis-feeds more on semi. could I need some silcone? or possibly new bucking? gun has about 20,000 bb thru it
rattleyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 22:46   #2
Moonschlagen

Check to make sure the bucking isn't ripped and the hop unit is still funtioning correctly. Also, never lube the hopup directly.

Secondary:
TM Glock 17
Moonschlagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 19:03   #3
rattleyah
Banned

Thanks
Old April 16th, 2012, 20:52   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Actually sometimes the only and best fix is to lube the hop up directly, no other way to fix a feeding issue. Just takes a hundred or two rounds to get the hop up back to normal. Dusty dirty or dry hop up rubber is the prime cause of misfeeding, ad too many people these days say never to get any oil near the hop up, is false, old school (and the gun's manual) says a drop or two in the feedtube is standard maintanance for an AEG. Really, the idea of never put oil on your hop up comes from bolt action sniper rifles, which never have a feeding problem as far as getting the BB into the chamber. AEGs need a semi slick hop up breech in order for a BB to pass through (imagine being born without any lube involved, just a dry....... ya, you don't want to experience that!). No pass through, nozzle keeps hitting the stuck BB til either the BB or the nozzle breaks. Which would you prefer, a hop up that you need to waste a couple mags of ammo to get it back to normal after oiling? Or replacing a busted nozzle/other internal parts?
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 21:28   #5
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Which would you prefer, a hop up that you need to waste a couple mags of ammo to get it back to normal after oiling? Or replacing a busted nozzle/other internal parts?
I'm one of the people that say never put oil in your hopup, but the above idea isn't so bad. If all else fails and it just plain doesn't work, why not experiment?

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 21:45   #6
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I usually just take a Q tip and very lightly swap the hop up of my guns. Seems to work fine for me.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 21:57   #7
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
I'm one of the people that say never put oil in your hopup, but the above idea isn't so bad. If all else fails and it just plain doesn't work, why not experiment?
Actually isn't an experiment, it's a requirement in some conditions (aka. sandy/dusty). But even still, guns not shot for a while and end up jamming (like rental guns), I've fixed a few dozen out in the field on game day, just my a drop or so in the feeding tube, and cycling the gun. Works every time. Obviously for the likes of you, would be the last thing to try, nothing wrong with that, just the damage that can occur from avoiding lube can cause major headaches.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 22:46   #8
rattleyah
Banned

Thank a lot. A little oil is a lot cheaper that a trip to the mechanic
Old April 20th, 2012, 23:23   #9
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Actually isn't an experiment, it's a requirement in some conditions (aka. sandy/dusty). But even still, guns not shot for a while and end up jamming (like rental guns), I've fixed a few dozen out in the field on game day, just my a drop or so in the feeding tube, and cycling the gun. Works every time. Obviously for the likes of you, would be the last thing to try, nothing wrong with that, just the damage that can occur from avoiding lube can cause major headaches.
Did you find this was more from just grime/dirt or from some kind of drying out effect?

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 16:46   #10
rattleyah
Banned

CDN Stalker. You were 100% on it. A little oil. And she's firing. Flawlessly. Thanks again
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner