Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is this a common trait in most GBB?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 29th, 2005, 14:38   #1
JonLau

Is this a common trait in most GBB?

I bought my first airsoft gun not too long ago and received it in the mail today. Based on reviews, the KJW M9 seemed to be a safe choice for first timers and the m9 happens to also be a gun I really like. But to say the least, I'm a tad bit dissapointed, and I haven't even fired the gun yet! Maybe I'm just being picky, cause I actually never fired a real firearm before, but the slides,and mag feels like it rattles a little if the gun is shook. Just a little thing that is bugging me. Is this normal for most GBB pistols? thx
JonLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 15:04   #2
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

I know what you mean about the mag, and yes by the sounds of it your gun is fine with the loose mag (mine had the same problem)

Erik
Old June 29th, 2005, 17:10   #3
Avenging Angel

The parts should rattle somewhat but, not significantly. In every GBB there needs to be clearence to allow for the blowback action. Without this clearence, there would be too much friction between the parts for the blow back action to function properly. All the GBB's that I have seen thus far have some slight rattling to them but, nothing major. I would say that it's nothing to worry about unless it sounds like something is seriously loose.
Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 17:24   #4
Greylocks

If you think an airsoft rattles, try a real military grade M9, or almost any military pistol. They are loose in certain areas on purpose; so the dirt and crap from the battlefield will fall out.

Of course, loose is a relative term. You just dont ever take a super tight gun in battle. Your life is more important.

The only guns that dont move are really high grade target guns.

So dont be disappointed, this is pretty normal for a pistol. If it was a revolver, it would be a totally different story.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 19:39   #5
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Glocks are very tight awsell though. Mainly because of the non metal on metal. The KJ is complete metal so of course it rattles a bit. The one I had did and the one I'm stroking right now does. Both chrome and black do it by the way.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 20:40   #6
B.A.M

The mag in my KSC M9 rattles aswell, however, the previous owner of it placed electrical tape in 2 places of the magwell to totally stop the rattle. No functional problems, works perfectly.
Old June 29th, 2005, 22:07   #7
captainafternoon
mrlexmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.M
The mag in my KSC M9 rattles aswell, however, the previous owner of it placed electrical tape in 2 places of the magwell to totally stop the rattle. No functional problems, works perfectly.
Neat trick, my KJ Glock 23's Mag rattles inside the gun but thats just normal and think theres supposed to have a bit of clearance inside. Im gunna go try that electrical tape stuff.
captainafternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 22:48   #8
Rico

Yep, I highly recommend the electrical tape around the mag. Without it, the mag in my G26 rattles around.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 23:35   #9
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

Same with the slide as well (it kinda moves around a little)...or at least mine did.

Erik
Old June 29th, 2005, 23:49   #10
JonLau

thanks for the feedback, truly appreciated. never owned any sort of bb gun so I didn't know what to expect
JonLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 23:55   #11
chewie

I'm going to have to recomend electrical tape as well. My M9 has a single piece on the back of the mag well as well as the front and has double layers on the left and right. It helps to take the grips off if you are going to be putting tape on the sides of the mag well. Besides, it will be a perfect time to install hogues.

Anyways, I find that if you strategically place the tape in certain areas, it will prevent the mag from making metal to metal contact with the magwell. The mag still rattles a little, but it doesn't make the same 'click' sound. And the tape doesn't interfere with loading in any way.

While you are at it, you might also want to stick a piece in the front of the slide in the opening that contains the barrel. The first few shots that I fired scratched the barrel. I don't mind the scratches all that much, but they were pretty significant for only a few shots. This way, the tape contacts with the barrel, not the metal slide.
chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner