Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC Glock 17 Problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 8th, 2005, 15:17   #1
rampage

Send a message via ICQ to rampage Send a message via MSN to rampage
KSC Glock 17 Problems

My glock has alot of problems with blowback... I find that I can fire one bb then slide barely flys back and when I take the next shot the slide comes back all the way (sounds like a nice cycle) but no BB will come out but it will breach one.. so ever od shot I can actually shoot a bb out... is there a guide on how to clean it properly or does anyone have any advice at all

thanx
rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 18:25   #2
WhatTheWho

Your problem might stem form the blowback chamber not functioning properly which could impede the chambering of rounds.

Disassemble your Glock and pull on the nozzle/blowback chamber. Release it to see if it retracts back into place by itself. If it sticky or gets stuck, lube it and see if it solves your problem.

Otherwise, if that does not solve your problem, you might have to disassemble your blowback chamber to see if the blowback chamber springs aren't jammed.
Old June 11th, 2005, 11:49   #3
rampage

Send a message via ICQ to rampage Send a message via MSN to rampage
I have already done that and I have ripped the blowback module apart... the spring and the rocketvalve seem fine I have a metal rocketvalve because my plastic one snapped... I do find my blowback valve sticks a little tiny bitbut I have oiled it... could it be the springs for it... if my propane bottle is near empty could that also be a result on why I am not getting enough kick?... I also find my slide is alittle bit harder to pull back then my friends glock 21

have any other idea's

thanx
rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 15:20   #4
WhatTheWho

If your propane canister is near empty, then you might not get a full fill of gas into your magazines, which could in turn weaken your blowback. If you do have a new propane bottle, try using it and see if there's a difference.

Something you might also want to check is the rocket valve spring and the piston head to see if any of them are out of alignment.

Is your slide pull a bit harder due to the fact that you have an upgraded recoil rod in comparison to your friend's Glock? If not, check to see if there is any excessive friction between certain parts such as the slide rails or how the magazine mates with the blowback chamber.

Concerning the blowback chamber springs; I've read reports on other forums that a few individuals had problems with their Glocks not feeding rounds properly. They now use upgraded blowback springs which are stronger and have pretty much solved the feeding problems. Though, finding these springs might be hard as I've read that they were to be found in hardware stores.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner