Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WWII 101st Airborne Impression [Full Combat Uniform]

:

WW1, WW2

Old August 17th, 2010, 23:45   #1
Hells High

WWII 101st Airborne Impression [Full Combat Uniform]

Hey guys. I just posted an ad in the classifieds for my Airborne impression, and figured I'd get a bit more traffic through here since its aimed at this demographic. So, head over here and check it out!

But this isn't just shameless advertising, what do you guys think of my setup? I've been scouring the net for bits and pieces (the helmet scrim came all the way from Australia!) and been slowly building it up. I actually bought some old once fired 30-06 brass and Enblocs to fill up the cartridge belt. :infantry:
Hells High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 00:07   #2
JohnGol10

Veeery nice, seems to have all the small but necessary details.

I wouldn't have sold it, lol. Too good.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning on using the funds for? A new kit?
Old August 18th, 2010, 09:56   #3
leecas
The Rain Man

It's a nice collection. You should post some pics with it on... always looks better on someone then just laying on the floor. It's a shame that you have to get rid of it. I should also add that IMO you're asking way too much.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:13   #4
shiftsup

Nice. But just as Lee wrote, you are asking a lot of it since what you there have can easily be purchased for much less.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; August 18th, 2010 at 10:16..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 13:31   #5
Hells High

I'm using the money for a new, more powerful PC, seeing as how I'm going to need it for my animation school. As for the pricing, I just calculated how much I spent in total and took some off (lol I think I got it when the dollar went to hell xD). Its brand new, and only been worn 2-3 times and it wasn't even for competition, just walking around.

Besides, if someone is interested they'll make me an offer, and at the end of the week I'll do a BTT with a price drop. :]
Old August 18th, 2010, 16:27   #6
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells High View Post
I'm using the money for a new, more powerful PC, seeing as how I'm going to need it for my animation school. As for the pricing, I just calculated how much I spent in total and took some off (lol I think I got it when the dollar went to hell xD). Its brand new, and only been worn 2-3 times and it wasn't even for competition, just walking around.

Besides, if someone is interested they'll make me an offer, and at the end of the week I'll do a BTT with a price drop. :]
Right... but my point is if you are way too high (and you are) no one is going to make you an offer... especially when you said no low ball. At The Front has everything that you are offering (except for the ammo) for a total package of $595USD and if you go with the economy stuff it drops down to $495USD. I don't think your ammo is worth another $700

You might want to re-think your asking price.
Old August 18th, 2010, 16:38   #7
Forever_kaos

And I am sure At The Front will give you your sizes to cater to your needs, where as your ad is directed at somebody with the sizes you have, leaving your options a bit less as well.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 23:17   #8
Hells High

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
Right... but my point is if you are way too high (and you are) no one is going to make you an offer... especially when you said no low ball. At The Front has everything that you are offering (except for the ammo) for a total package of $595USD and if you go with the economy stuff it drops down to $495USD. I don't think your ammo is worth another $700

You might want to re-think your asking price.
Here's my receipts for my gear:

Paratrooper Impression (add riding gloves add felt shoulder pads): 670.00 CAD
-90.00 Shipping To Canada
506th M1C WWII Parts: 260.00 CAD
-40.00 Shipping To Canada
M1910 Canteen: 36.00 CAD
-20.00 Shipping To Canada
Burlap Helmet Scrim 8.50 CAD
-12.00 Shipping To Canada
100 PC 30-06 Once Fired Brass: 25.00 CAD
-10.00 Shipping In Canada
15 PC Assorted Enbloc Clips: 30.00 CAD
-10.00 Shipping In Canada

No my ammo isn't worth $700 but everything else PLUS shipping into Canada is. And your angle on the "No lowballs" clause is misguided. This just means someone is going to get ignored if they say "Hey man, um, so I don't have alot of money but would you take 500 for it?" Believe me, its happened before numerous times on CanadianGunNutz to me and many others. Please don't jump the gun on me guys... :/ I'm not trying to rip people off, I'm trying to get close to my money back for a basically unused kit.

Last edited by Hells High; August 18th, 2010 at 23:23..
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:36   #9
shiftsup

I don't think anyone believes that you are trying to rip anyone off. And please don't think I am attacking you either.

Like I said, it's a nice impression. It definitely looks the part.

But your impression is "basic" and looks like a "one stop shop" repro package purchase minus the ammo. All of that is fine. But asking over a grand for it is a bit much. Since in order for your uniform to fit the buyer would have to be ~6'2" tall and weigh ~230 pounds. Anyone wanting to get into this hobby with ~$1,000 to spend can easily make one order to WPG and another to ATF and receive much more than what you are offering for sale (minus the ammo of course).

If you had more period stuff or unique items like a 1943 e tool w/ carrier, a bailey bridge bag (any bag), a holster or a mounted cartridge belt you might get a bit more money for it than the lower prices that have already been discussed.

506 PIR impressions aren't easy (sorry about the pun) to sell secondhand either.

Best of luck.

Last edited by shiftsup; August 19th, 2010 at 08:44..
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:37   #10
leecas
The Rain Man

I understand that you are trying to get back as much of your investment as you can... and please don't think that I'm attacking you, because I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that you have your price too high for what someone can get brand new for half the price you are asking. I no doubt you paid what you said you paid but things change and in this case the prices for the gear that you are selling have dropped a lot. If I were to sell my gear today I would be lucky to get half what I paid for it. That's all I'm trying to point out. It's your stuff and you have all the right to sell it at whatever price you would like and if there is someone out there that isn't as informed on what things cost and is willing to pay what you are asking then that's great for you.

So again, not attacking and I wish you the best of luck in selling your gear.

Last edited by leecas; August 19th, 2010 at 08:39..
Old August 19th, 2010, 19:14   #11
Hells High

Well yeah I mean you can get basically the same thing by ordering the basic impression from ATF for half the cost of mine, minus the $300 period correct helmet, helmet scrim, short t-handle shovel, felt pads, gloves, and all the ammo, plus the shipping on top of that. All of that is easily over a grand here in Canada. One thing is that when I ordered my stuff, they were out of canteens, so I had to buy a less expensive repro canteen off WPG, but it was like $5 cheaper than what ATF are selling their surplus canteens for.

I know you guys aren't attacking me and I know where you are coming from, I really do, but I'm trying to show you that this isn't just the basic ATF paratrooper impression. Theres quite a bit of extra stuff here that adds up quickly.

Last edited by Hells High; August 19th, 2010 at 19:19..
Old August 19th, 2010, 19:30   #12
shiftsup

Best of luck.

However it's no secret that you can get WPG's loaded with goodies "All The Way" and" Overlord" WW2 Airborne packages shipped to Ontario for ~$750 CDN inclusive. If you have $1250 to spend that leaves $500 for a helmet and boots.

The helmet you have for sale is very cool. I have the same one. I wouldn't sell it for much below what I paid for it.

Cheers.

Last edited by shiftsup; August 19th, 2010 at 20:10..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2