Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Can you use TM G17 Recoil Spring on KJW G23?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 2nd, 2010, 00:36   #1
vincent1990

also can you use the TM G17 Slide and outter and inner barrel for the KJW G23?
vincent1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 00:56   #2
Kos-Mos

no

TM is not compatible with KJW.

They need KJW parts.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 00:59   #3
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
no

TM is not compatible with KJW.

They need KJW parts.
Um. No.

KJW are TM clones.

KJW parts work in TM (Glocks). Mags are a good example, and slides / internals.

The issue above is a problem, because the G17 is the full length glock, while the G23 is the shorter barreled glock (Similar to the G19 by TM). So the barrel / slide may not fit because of sizing, not because of Bran compatibility (A TM G17 slide/outer barrel won't fit a TM G19... ) Same with the recoil spring.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; July 2nd, 2010 at 01:03..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:14   #4
vincent1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Um. No.

KJW are TM clones.

The issue above is a problem, because the G17 is the full length glock, while the G23 is the shorter barreled glock (Similar to the G19 by TM). So the barrel / slide may not fit because of sizing, not because of Bran compatibility (A TM G17 slide/outer barrel won't fit a TM G19... ) Same with the recoil spring.
So if i get a KSC/TM glock 19/23F Recoil Spring will fit in my KJW Glock 23?
ex. http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=267

i see the design of the KSC Spring is differ from the KJW one, the KJW one has sort of like a barrel stablizer and a piece which goes into the hop up unit, does it matter if i buy the one above?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:22   #5
vincent1990

Also, where can i find KJW G23/32C Magazine High out put valve?, or should i just mod it myself?
how to up the fps of the gun? does using 150% recoil spring help?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:32   #6
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent1990 View Post
So if i get a KSC/TM glock 19/23F Recoil Spring will fit in my KJW Glock 23?
ex. http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=267

i see the design of the KSC Spring is differ from the KJW one, the KJW one has sort of like a barrel stablizer and a piece which goes into the hop up unit, does it matter if i buy the one above?
I am pretty sure that the KSC 19/23F is NOT compatible with TM (TM doesn't make any Glocks in that size), and if that's correct, it won't fit the KJW. Since KJW's 23/32C closely cloned the TM 26... I'd have to say that the KSC spring and guide rod is NOT compatible.

Okay... so I just clicked the link. Did you even read the airsoftparts.ca item description? It says nowhere anything about a TM or KJW in there. KSC parts are not compatible with TM (and KJW for that matter, since it's approximately a clone of the TM). Simple as that.

Try looking up reviews or information of your gun for info - I know for a fact that a few reviews I've read about KJW Glocks have said that the KJW Glock (all models) basically follows the TM Glock 26. This means that KJW is approximately cloning TM, and since KSC and TM are not compatible, KJW and KSC are not compatible. Does that help?

By the way, the "barrel stabilizer," as you call it (at least, I think that's the part you're talking about) - that's called a recoil spring guide rod. Using proper terminology helps a little when trying to ask for answers. At least, I think it does.

Quote:
Also, where can i find KJW G23/32C Magazine High out put valve?, or should i just mod it myself?
how to up the fps of the gun? does using 150% recoil spring help?
No to the recoil spring - that doesn't do squat in terms of FPS output. As to high flows, I don't know (personally, I dislike them, but that's just me).
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:40   #7
RacingManiac

Quote:
also can you use the TM G17 Slide and outter and inner barrel for the KJW G23?
Recoil spring(Just the spring) should be fine, the G17 spring will be long compare to the G23, as a result the gun might cycle but might not lock back if the coil runs out of compression...

Spring guide will stick out if you try to install the G17 guide in G23, that is if it can install at all...

Barrel and slide won't work properly. In that G23 has shorter frame/dustcover. So a G17 upper will stick out on the G23 frame.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:04   #8
vincent1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
I am pretty sure that the KSC 19/23F is NOT compatible with TM (TM doesn't make any Glocks in that size), and if that's correct, it won't fit the KJW. Since KJW's 23/32C closely cloned the TM 26... I'd have to say that the KSC spring and guide rod is NOT compatible.

Okay... so I just clicked the link. Did you even read the airsoftparts.ca item description? It says nowhere anything about a TM or KJW in there. KSC parts are not compatible with TM (and KJW for that matter, since it's approximately a clone of the TM). Simple as that.

Try looking up reviews or information of your gun for info - I know for a fact that a few reviews I've read about KJW Glocks have said that the KJW Glock (all models) basically follows the TM Glock 26. This means that KJW is approximately cloning TM, and since KSC and TM are not compatible, KJW and KSC are not compatible. Does that help?

By the way, the "barrel stabilizer," as you call it (at least, I think that's the part you're talking about) - that's called a recoil spring guide rod. Using proper terminology helps a little when trying to ask for answers. At least, I think it does.

No to the recoil spring - that doesn't do squat in terms of FPS output. As to high flows, I don't know (personally, I dislike them, but that's just me).
I meant the "barrel stablizer" as in like a normal glock recoil spring is just a circle front and back, but the KJW G23 has a U shape in front that helps the outter barrel stay stright sort of.

Part 25-Recoil guide bush
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:29   #9
ShelledPants

Woah buddy. KSC is NOT compatible with TM. TM is Compatible with KJW. KSC is compatible with KWA.

Don't hurt your brain or anything. :|

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:56   #10
Jagd
Jagdalex

I will be able to help you on that since I did some upgrades on mine...

I have a KJW G32C which is roughly the same internally (the piston cup and the loading nozzle are upgraded stock on the G32C, I don't think they are on the G23, the G32C is their most recent version of the Glock compact)

In regards to the spring guide, you need absolutely the KJW one, even the TM will not fit, because of the reason you mentionned above. I ordered the stainless steel one ($12 US directly from KJW) it will be better than the rough metal stock one and is one piece too, so the spring action will be better for sure.

So that is what you want to do; buy this stainless spring guide for the G23 and keep your stock spring (it is strong enough anyway and gives a good kick, IMO no need for replacing it.

In regards to high flow valve, I did some upgrades and bough some Action ones that fits on the TM G17/G26 and KJW G23 mags. They cost $10 each on ehobby. Performance wise I did not noticed any significant increase in FPS (I did some chrono testing at home). So don't waste your money on that, other than if you have problems with the stock ones.

I changed also the mag release for a guarder one that fits TM G17, 26 and KJW G23, you have to mod it slightly on order to slide it for the spring to catch on the mag release (you need to grind some parts of it to replicate the shape of the stock KJW plastic one) So it does not fit bolt on, but it is a nice adition for only $10 (once modded) the mag fits very snugly in place.

In regards to outer barrel and slide you cannot change anything (other than original KJW parts) since the KJW G23, G32C are TM clones which for the most can fit internal TM G17/26 parts, and those models are standard size and sub-compact so no compact model made by TM and the KSC are not compatible with KJW.

In regards to inner barrel, what I did is that I bought a PDI 6.03 TB barrel for the TM G26. The knotch are the same as the stock KJW one. So it fits bolt on no problem but since it is such a short barrel I am loosing on FPS and the high ouptut valves does not do very much in order to boost the FPS (I have on average 239 FPS with .25) But the barrel is more accurate than the stock KJW even if it shorter than the stock one by 1 cm (73mm vs 84mm)

But you can probably put a G17 inner barrel, but in order to do that, you will have to mod the hop-up rubber (cut some parts of it) in order for the barrel to sit properly in the hop-up unit. Also the barrel will arrive flush with the end of the stock outer barrel, but when you will shoot (with the slide pulled back) it will protude out.

If you get a PDI 6.01 (97mm) barrel it will increase your FPS and accuracy. You will have more FPS increase than with high flow valves. BUT you need to mod the hop-up rubber and I am not sure that the fit will be right, so it is a gamble since the knotches on the TM G17 barrel are a bit more on the front on the barrel. Personally at first I did not wanted to take the chance, but I think that I will order one now just to see...

So what WILL fit on your KJW Glock 23 that are TM G17/26 compatible:

- High flow valves for the mags
- Metal mag release (with little modding required)
- Enhanced feed nozzle (come stock with the G32C)
- Enhanced piston cup (come stock with the G32C)
- TM G26 TB inner barrel

What MIGHT fit:

-TM G17 TB inner barrel (some hop-up rubber modding required, and will stick out of the outer barrel when firing, not problem though if you are putting the silencer)

What DOES NOT fit:

- TM G17/ G26 slide and outer barrel
- TM spring guide
- TM hop-up unit
Jagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 17:50   #11
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Um. No.

KJW are TM clones.

My mistake...

Too many "K"s in airsoft world...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner