Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG MP5 Suppressor Fitting

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 22nd, 2010, 15:26   #1
R.I.

JG MP5 Suppressor Fitting

Hello! I have a JG MP5 with a thread tip but the suppressor that came with it doesn't have threads, it just fits over top and obviously has some wobble. This obviously effects my accuracy.

I don't really want to buy another silencer unless I can get one at a really good price.

Is there any way to fit the silencer so it doesn't wobble and won't disrupt the guns accuracy? Like I said, the end of my gun is threaded so if I needed too I could get another suppressor.

Thanks
R.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 17:15   #2
Blitzed

You could maybe use some electrical tape on the flash hider? Im not sure of where those suppressors attach onto the flash hider though.. Maybe some pictures would help us help you.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 17:49   #3
Kos-Mos

Did you buy your gun new?

If not, you are missing the 3-lug flash hider that goes there.

If there is some kind of clip or lever on the silencer, that is what is is for.

A picture could help solving your problems too...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 18:20   #4
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Jerry rig!!!! Duct tape and a hammer.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 23:04   #5
R.I.

I think that 3 lug piece is there. The suppressor fits on and stays on, it just has a wobble that seriously effects the trajectory of the BBs. There are no threads inside the suppressor from what I can see so maybe my only option will be to buy a suppressor with threads. I was hoping not too though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (1.41 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (1.07 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (979.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (1.31 MB, 4 views)
Old June 22nd, 2010, 23:25   #6
Kos-Mos

You have to press the silencer in firmly, then twist it on the barrel. That will lock it in place.

A silencer should not in any time affect the trajectory... there might be something wrong with your gun if your BBs still hit the silencer walls when properly mounted.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 23:29   #7
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
You have to press the silencer in firmly, then twist it on the barrel. That will lock it in place.

A silencer should not in any time affect the trajectory... there might be something wrong with your gun if your BBs still hit the silencer walls when properly mounted.
This is not true. Unless the silencer walls is the same diametre as the barrel it will affect it.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 23:40   #8
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

It actually reduces accuracy in RS firearms.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 00:52   #9
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Garcia View Post
This is not true. Unless the silencer walls is the same diametre as the barrel it will affect it.
Yes, and I have yet to find a silencer that does not let the barrel go right through, even china clone and 10$ silencers.

I had silencers on all the 17 guns I had so far.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:29   #10
chaosnemesis

the front end sight and threaded outer barrel are separate from the cocking tube and is held in by one screw and pin. This means the fron assembly can have play and may cause the silencer to sag. You'll need to take the sight off and either tape or build up the cocking tube so that the sight will not move, ensuring proper alignment of your silencer and inner barrel.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 14:17   #11
R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post

I did that and it actually helped a fair bit. There is still the slightest play in it but I don't think I'm going to get rid of that unless I get a 14mm threaded silencer. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosnemesis View Post
the front end sight and threaded outer barrel are separate from the cocking tube and is held in by one screw and pin. This means the fron assembly can have play and may cause the silencer to sag. You'll need to take the sight off and either tape or build up the cocking tube so that the sight will not move, ensuring proper alignment of your silencer and inner barrel.
I think I know what you're saying. I'll fiddle around with it and see if it helps any. Thanks.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner