Jing Gong battery problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 13th, 2010, 16:57   #16
BGrail25

If I may quote Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw for the FPS conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Your batteries power does not result in drop/increase of FPS. All your battery does is spin the motor which turns the gears which draws back the piston and compresses your spring. As long as theres the power there it will shoot at the same FPS. Your rate of fire will decrease with lower power though. Deviations in FPS are a result of compression problems, imperfect BBs, and dirty barrels.
So I'm really not sure what's wrong still. I came home and tested a few things, but it's just the same damn thing.
I could easily just say the battery's dead from overcharging, but how the hell can it power the Kraken so easily? Makes no sense.

So I think I'm gonna go with a new 9.6v battery, because I want a high ROF, and the stock battery would just drop the rate after a hundred shots or so. Not sure if this applies to all other 8.4v batteries, but why not... Any suggestions on batteries while I'm at it? I honestly don't want to spend over $40 on one, and I know the sound of that sentence will make some member's eye's squeal.
BGrail25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 19:05   #17
NoGear
likes being humiliated

i use that same battery in my jg m4 with a nice ROF, id say a poor connection or the trigger contacts are worn. if its wired in the front check the breaker thingy
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 20:05   #18
BGrail25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGear View Post
i use that same battery in my jg m4 with a nice ROF, id say a poor connection or the trigger contacts are worn. if its wired in the front check the breaker thingy
Breaker thingy? Could you give more of a description maybe?
Old April 13th, 2010, 20:13   #19
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
if its wired in the front check the breaker thingy
If you mean the fuse the gun shouldn't fire at all if thats broken.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 22:21   #20
NoGear
likes being humiliated

sorry it was on the tip of my tounge when i was thinking of it. but im pretty sure its a connection problem. My gun runs on about 350+fps on the same intellect battery. if all else fails get it checked by a doc.

btw i left it charging for a day and it kinda made me sad but no harm done to the battery as far as i can see. I've also had the gun for about 3 years
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 22:25   #21
BGrail25

Quote:
sorry it was on the tip of my tounge when i was thinking of it. but im pretty sure its a connection problem. My gun runs on about 350+fps on the same intellect battery. if all else fails get it checked by a doc.

btw i left it charging for a day and it kinda made me sad but no harm done to the battery as far as i can see. I've also had the gun for about 3 years
Well, if nothing else at least I feel a little bit comforted! I'll have to check it soon. Even if it's not the connections, my mechbox hasn't been cleaned since I got it. Thanks again everyone!
Old April 13th, 2010, 22:33   #22
kalnaren

I can only state this so many times... stop concentrating so much on the battery and look at the condition of the gun.. mechbox shiming/greasing, wiring, etc.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 22:35   #23
BGrail25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I can only state this so many times... stop concentrating so much on the battery and look at the condition of the gun.. mechbox shiming/greasing, wiring, etc.
Yeah, that's what NoGear was saying.
Old April 18th, 2010, 14:20   #24
BGrail25

So I decided to man up, and re-lube the gearbox. Even if this wasn't the source of the problem, it still needed to be done. I took it apart, used white lithium on the gears and some paintball oil ("Lubriplate" No. L0685-024, came with my Tippmann) and put it back together. Tested a few shots, but the damn thing was still jamming! Until I found out the real problem as far as I know.... And the winner is.....

*Drumroll*

Con Murder, for his "motor height" idea! Come on down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Probably right Kalnaren, motor height may need to be checked. A few guns on our field need to be adjusted every few months.
Yes, it might not have been the initial problem, but as soon as I started to mess around with the height, the ROF started to magically rise until it was good as new!
So, I'm relieved it wasn't the battery, although I do have the intention of buying a new better one eventually. But at least it can wait now.

And for all of the rest of the members, I reward you with a delicious, monstrous cookie.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner