Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ics M4 Half cocked shots

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 9th, 2010, 21:00   #1
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Ics M4 Half cocked shots

Howdy, A few months ago I got a ICS m4 and it was working fine until the other day when I was shooting It would do a burst of 6 than lock up, I can hear the Engine begin to engage but there it does not follow through. to fix the problem i gotta release the rear body pin and than it releases and shoots a BB I slam it back down and it works for a few rounds, the piston is a little worked through but even if the piston was beginning to give than why would the gun engage sometimes? could i have somehow ruined the timing in the gears?

I looked up people with the same issue they said that they just replaced it with a bigger battery but that doesn't make sense if my gun went through 3000 rounds perfectly. Any Help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.

Last edited by Able1; February 9th, 2010 at 21:54..
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:45   #2
Kos-Mos

First of all, you don't have to remove the rear body pin.

Just have to press on the forward assist. On ICS guns, it releases the anti-reversal latch and let the piston move forward.

If you press on it and nothing moves, then your piston gets out of alignment and jams. This means a new piston and/or a new upper mechbox.

Have you tried with an other battery?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:26   #3
Able1
Joeyaglr444

ya and when i hit my forward assist it does not work.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:09   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If you just went through 3000 rounds...maybe your battery is dead or dying.
Charge your battery, or change it out with a fresh one.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:03   #5
KiloSixNiner

I had an issue of BB's not firing right and found that I had to put the upper gearbox in just right. When you put the upper gearbox in make sure you don't push it all the way forward. I used the body pin to ensure the upper gearbox and receiver were aligned perfectly before I put the upper and lower together and the problem went away.

Level 2 Certified BA Sniper
KiloSixNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:38   #6
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If you just went through 3000 rounds...maybe your battery is dead or dying.
Charge your battery, or change it out with a fresh one.
I think he means over the last few months....

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 15:09   #7
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloSixNiner View Post
I had an issue of BB's not firing right and found that I had to put the upper gearbox in just right. When you put the upper gearbox in make sure you don't push it all the way forward. I used the body pin to ensure the upper gearbox and receiver were aligned perfectly before I put the upper and lower together and the problem went away.
Theres a spring in the upper receiver part and mine is gone could that be the problem?
Old February 10th, 2010, 15:23   #8
Green
a.k.a. greenpunk_182

What spring in the upper receiver ? (outside of the obvious one that propels the piston)
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 16:15   #9
Kos-Mos

If you mean the little spring that goes between the plastic black plate and the mechbox shell, yes, that spring is crucial. That is what feeds your gun.

Means that your tappet plate might jam your gears because it was not returning to battery.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 20:38   #10
Able1
Joeyaglr444

I replaced the spring with another one, still hasn't fixed the issue. do you think there's a problem with the lower gear box?

Last edited by Able1; February 10th, 2010 at 21:04..
Old February 11th, 2010, 18:57   #11
Green
a.k.a. greenpunk_182

hey Able1,

Are you shooting a full auto and then the gun jams? (IE. motor stops moving the piston) or does the motor and mechbox keep moving (seemingly) while only 6 rounds come out of the gun?
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 00:09   #12
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
take your upper out of the rifle, press the nozzel in and if it springs back then your tappet plate is good... if you feel comfortable doing so; take the upper apart and take a look at the piston and make sure all the teeth are there... you can also take a better look at the tappet plate and spring if they're all good, slap it back together... It's a problem with your lower gear box.

it could be gears (broken teeth)... shimming... or a motor issue
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 00:23   #13
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpunk_182 View Post
hey Able1,

Are you shooting a full auto and then the gun jams? (IE. motor stops moving the piston) or does the motor and mechbox keep moving (seemingly) while only 6 rounds come out of the gun?
Ya I switched out my motor with one out of my broxa so its all bling bling now, thanks for the help.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner